Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Bluegrass

I think a lot of it has to do with itv in general. ITV has never been progressive or pathbreaking but ten years back, at least, one could experiment with themes; so, you had medical dramas, shows about corruption, journalism, intercaste marriage etc etc. Today, none of those things are imaginable. Even though, the good shows ended up having few regressive undertones, ten years back, they were still open to explore new themes.

All the shows, at present, are over glamourized shit shows without any real content or character development. Every other show on ITV is an unimaginative love triangle, today. They are regressive and boring.

Thirdly, films and television both are businesses but films allow much more space for good content because it's a finite medium, you have to show a good story within n hours for the audience to be interested. There are other ways to recover money in films too— selling broadcasting rights, copyrights etc etc— which are not a possibility for itv. They make money by selling oversaturated products everyday. The writing takes a backseat.

I cannot imagine an "office-office" or even a "Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai" being made today. They both are fabulous actors; Barun has a marvelous range. I don't think they would absolutely hate working together due to the mess with the shippers. They are very good friends from what I understand.  But itv lacks the skills to develop nuanced storylines. So, good scripts with Arnav and Khushi as a seasoned couple are unlikely. If the storyline is picked up, it will be to cash in on their popularity which, again, isn't very exciting.

But they should definitely work together on some other exciting script. If someone could execute realistic love stories outside of films, it would be these two

the bold part, yes I think in regards to bringing back the show, even if it does end up happening, they won't treat the story with care as much as they would try to bank on the popularity to keep it running. There are obviously ways the story of Arnav and Khushi can be explored further but it's unlikely that hotstar and star-plus would invest in it without trying to look at it from the view of only capitalising off it. 

Bluegrass thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dramebaaz.af

the bold part, yes I think in regards to bringing back the show, even if it does end up happening, they won't treat the story with care as much as they would try to bank on the popularity to keep it running. There are obviously ways the story of Arnav and Khushi can be explored further but it's unlikely that hotstar and star-plus would invest in it without trying to look at it from the view of only capitalising off it. 

Yes, absolutely. I don't think either of them will be interested in bad scripts just because they are popular.

manya17699 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

ahhhhhhh dil ke baat kar di!! waise toh I would love if they did like a five six episode mini series thing with ten years later glimpse or something but the story of the show needed with Shyams reveal and their happily ever after loop closed in the Ek Jashan episodes properly so bringing back the show makes no sense. Even Ek Jashan was driven for the money it could bring in from international popularity instead of focusing on a proper potential story between the two. 

As actors I think they both wouldn’t want to come back for something they’ve done. Sobti seems to go after finite and content driven stuff and Irani seems to go after stuff she can experiment with. As for working together I don’t think they’re opposed to it but they also don’t seek out working on similar projects because their motivations seem to differ in what projects they choose.  

I think the reruns on air currently show that the shows popularity hasn’t died down but let’s be honest, there’s nothing left to explore besides fulfilling fans ke dil ke armaan. 

I think with ITV, decades of exaggerated romance and then banking of certain troupes to make similar romance shows, shows that romance as a genre is not something creators handle with as much nuance. After IPK, so many shows tried to do a hate love thing except they all turned their men sexist and degrading the romantic interest. even IPK 3 went a step ahead in romanticing abuse which i don’t think IPK 1 did that much besides couple of episodes’ of manhandling. 

I saw that Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar are doing a romantic web series. if something like that comes up i think sobti would be much more inclined to take it up but ofc all of these are assumptions from their public persona. 

edited to add;

I just saw the promo of the only other show I followed besides IPKKND from beginning to end which was Kuch Rang Pyar ke Aise bhi. It's season 3 is coming out soon and looks like they are going to focus on martial issues etc. IPKKND has a potential to explore something nuanced especially with who is kasha and how she fits into ASR's world instead of Arnav Ji's world but don't think we'll see a take like that. we got a brief glimpse into how Arnav and Khushi had different perspectives on being parents with Aarav  and an extension of something like that would be great. a mini series coupled with the nuance and grandeur of initial episodes of the show would fare well but don't think that's something to expect. 

I loved kuch rang pyaar ke aise bhi. Sony is the best channel in the current lot compared to others,even though they don't get high trps.Maybe that is why they are still better,though they can be dragged as well.Is the new season on web or channel?

Heart craves for more of kushi-Arnav but we know we won't get them atleast anytime soon.i like the initial few months of gul show but then🤮. Now the qualities of her show has been degraded like Daayan,some kulfi show,Imlie.Oh my god,the quality of shows she has been producing since Ishqbaaaz is really bad and apparently gets really high trp.She isn't the same producer who made shows like IPK, ishqbaaaz,few months of qubool hai. All of these shows had amazing  storyline, good-looking actors who possessed acting skills and sizzling chemistry unlike her leads in some dance girl Bhojpuri setting based show..it feels bad that she succumbed to trp pressure.

manya17699 thumbnail

[QUOTE=Bluegrass]

The writing takes a backseat.

That's exactly what Barun said in one of his recent interviews.He said writing of daily soap is really bad.He said no matter how good the storyline is, eventually it would suffer after 6 months and writing would take a backseat. 

I cannot imagine an "office-office" or even a "Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai" being made today. 

Sarabhai vs Sarabhai is epic. I watched it on hotstar.cant believe 10years back itv shows were so good .today's show is all about business and regressive content. I fail to understand how these shows are being watched on tv.by the way who watches tv these days?

They both are fabulous actors; Barun has a marvelous range. I don't think they would absolutely hate working together due to the mess with the shippers. They are very good friends from what I understand.  But itv lacks the skills to develop nuanced storylines. So, good scripts with Arnav and Khushi as a seasoned couple are unlikely. If the storyline is picked up, it will be to cash in on their popularity which, again, isn't very exciting.

But they should definitely work together on some other exciting script. If someone could execute realistic love stories outside of films, it would be these two

I really wish to see barun-sanaya chemistry back but I think if that would happen,it would take atleast 2-3 years as currently Barun has quite good projects in pipeline like he said.i heard he did 2 music videos and short films this  year and has been shooting for some thriller web show in Aligarh and would begin shooting for Asur 2 in couple of weeks.

In between all this,I miss him doing romance genre, though he is really good in the web shows and he is quite satisfied creatively as an actor .also since the actors are aging now,I wish to see them really soon in a project together.

Bluegrass thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

[QUOTE=manya17699]

Yes, yes. But that's precisely also why a good love story would really be interesting for them as actors. Very few romantic pitches focus on  people in their 30s, I can only think of Qarib Qarib Single, Lunchbox and Manav Jail's recent work.

They could really nail a realistic love story.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

ahhhhhhh dil ke baat kar di!! waise toh I would love if they did like a five six episode mini series thing with ten years later glimpse or something but the story of the show needed with Shyams reveal and their happily ever after loop closed in the Ek Jashan episodes properly so bringing back the show makes no sense. Even Ek Jashan was driven for the money it could bring in from international popularity instead of focusing on a proper potential story between the two. 

As actors I think they both wouldn’t want to come back for something they’ve done. Sobti seems to go after finite and content driven stuff and Irani seems to go after stuff she can experiment with. As for working together I don’t think they’re opposed to it but they also don’t seek out working on similar projects because their motivations seem to differ in what projects they choose.  

I think the reruns on air currently show that the shows popularity hasn’t died down but let’s be honest, there’s nothing left to explore besides fulfilling fans ke dil ke armaan. 

I think with ITV, decades of exaggerated romance and then banking of certain troupes to make similar romance shows, shows that romance as a genre is not something creators handle with as much nuance. After IPK, so many shows tried to do a hate love thing except they all turned their men sexist and degrading the romantic interest. even IPK 3 went a step ahead in romanticing abuse which i don’t think IPK 1 did that much besides couple of episodes’ of manhandling. 

I saw that Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar are doing a romantic web series. if something like that comes up i think sobti would be much more inclined to take it up but ofc all of these are assumptions from their public persona. 

edited to add;

I just saw the promo of the only other show I followed besides IPKKND from beginning to end which was Kuch Rang Pyar ke Aise bhi. It's season 3 is coming out soon and looks like they are going to focus on martial issues etc. IPKKND has a potential to explore something nuanced especially with who is kasha and how she fits into ASR's world instead of Arnav Ji's world but don't think we'll see a take like that. we got a brief glimpse into how Arnav and Khushi had different perspectives on being parents with Aarav  and an extension of something like that would be great. a mini series coupled with the nuance and grandeur of initial episodes of the show would fare well but don't think that's something to expect. 

The only love hate troupe I enjoyed after IPKKND was Jodha Akbar. 

I wouldn’t want a mini series. I would prefer a different story with developed characters and the same cast instead.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
manya17699 thumbnail

[QUOTE=Bluegrass]

I think they can still ace 26-30 years old character's role because they just don't look that old.Sanaya till today looks so pretty.i kinda feel we might never get them soon onscreen but let's cross our fingers and hope to see them really soon.

Also has this show always been so popular?i mean the forum is still active probably more than some  forum pages of shows currently being on-aired.

And in each and every interview of Sanaya or Barun,Ipk is atleast once mentioned

Miss.Zaidi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

As much as i want to watch them again , i feel its hard to get this wish come true 

IPodcastKKND thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Hey,

To answer this in brief:

Will there be an IPKKND 4 with these actors - no.

Will Sanaya and Barun ever act together - if there's a solid script, if it's a finite series and if it's a good production house - yes. Let's say they are approached for a good romance drama produced by Netflix and helmed by Sippy Productions - buckle up cause you'd legit see them. 

Will they end up working together - maybe. As @dramebaaz.af said, their careers are taking different trajectories and they usually have different goals so unless they coincidentally intersect I don't see them naturally taking up a series/film together. 

Ciao,

-S