Randeep Hooda in Highway went under appreciated?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 2 years ago

His performance in Highway was nothing short of magnificent. He hit it out of the park with his portrayal of Mahavir but I feel his performance was not given the kind of adulation Alia's was. Highway is remembered as Alia's film whereas BOTH performed well, in fact Randeep Hooda's performance was the highlight of the film, acc. to me - it was pitch-perfect.

Why do you think this is?

Yes! Omg yes! People approved all the other aspects, it was promoted as Alia's movie, but for me, it was Hooda's movie ❤️

Hell yeah. He was the heart of that movie. Alia took away all the accolades, but Hooda showed how good of an actor he is when he is invested in the role.

Alia ka mafia baap and bollywood's usual supporting of star kids is the reason why his performance wasn't given the right due.

Absolutely.I remember being utterly shocked and disappointed when I checked out the reviews after watching the movie as I was expecting to read some good stuff about Randeep. But instead, all I found was Alia’s incessant bhajan. While she was good, Randeep was extraordinary and the heartbeat of the movie. Same happened during Sarabjit also. Aishwarya with her mediocre performance got mentioned everywhere even got nominated for the National Awards while Randeep  got royally ignored. 😔

Edited by cutejodikangal - 2 years ago

I usually love all of his performances. He is such a great actor. Despite being great, he cannot save movies like Kick and Radhe 😭

He said imtiaz gave Alia preference 

He cried cause of it

He sounded like a whiner 😆