Randeep Hooda in Highway went under appreciated?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

His performance in Highway was nothing short of magnificent. He hit it out of the park with his portrayal of Mahavir but I feel his performance was not given the kind of adulation Alia's was. Highway is remembered as Alia's film whereas BOTH performed well, in fact Randeep Hooda's performance was the highlight of the film, acc. to me - it was pitch-perfect.

Why do you think this is?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Yes! Omg yes! People approved all the other aspects, it was promoted as Alia's movie, but for me, it was Hooda's movie โค๏ธ

Lulzbolly thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hell yeah. He was the heart of that movie. Alia took away all the accolades, but Hooda showed how good of an actor he is when he is invested in the role.

Alia ka mafia baap and bollywood's usual supporting of star kids is the reason why his performance wasn't given the right due.

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Absolutely.I remember being utterly shocked and disappointed when I checked out the reviews after watching the movie as I was expecting to read some good stuff about Randeep. But instead, all I found was Aliaโ€™s incessant bhajan. While she was good, Randeep was extraordinary and the heartbeat of the movie. Same happened during Sarabjit also. Aishwarya with her mediocre performance got mentioned everywhere even got nominated for the National Awards while Randeep  got royally ignored. ๐Ÿ˜”

Edited by cutejodikangal - 2 years ago
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Nope. He's an overrated hack.

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I usually love all of his performances. He is such a great actor. Despite being great, he cannot save movies like Kick and Radhe ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Maroonporsche thumbnail

He said imtiaz gave Alia preference 

He cried cause of it

He sounded like a whiner ๐Ÿ˜†