Your thoughts on Barkha Dutt? - Page 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: moonv

The day she supported Kangana I lost interest in her news.

Recently or before during hrithik drama days? 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: moonv

The day she supported Kangana I lost interest in her news.

An I started to question her sanity ðŸ˜†

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

She's a very good journalist.  Her work since the virus broke out proves that.  When her colleagues and peers sit comfortably in the studios and spread hate or suck up to govt she risks her health and goes out to talk to people and get real stories out there. She kept the concept of reporting alive.   And as a person what I like about her the most is her ability to say ' Yes I was wrong'.  

I have a few bones to pick with her.  The Kangana thing for example. She let Kangana drone on and sort of cheered her while she did that.  I'm guessing her own experience of sexual abuse got the better of her in this case and made her too enthusiastic to support the woman.  Then, when she began her YouTube channel she did a lot of silly interviews with Bollywood celebrities.  I get it,she needed to get her channel rolling and Bollywood stuff brings views but it seemed like she was gushing.  I also don't like the way she sometimes speaks to village folk. There's a dash of condescension there. She uses a higher pitch that you use when you talk to children. I don't think it's intentional.  Maybe it's a result of the nervousness that you feel when you suddenly end up in a vernacular situation away from the urban tone and lingo you're used to.  She has to do something about it anyway. I've mentioned this many times on her channel. I remember her interview with the real life PadMan Arunachalam Muruganantham.  Twinkle Khanna was a part of it too.  Barkha wasnt at her best behaviour.  She seemed to have trouble pronouncing his name..which she shouldn't have had; you are supposed to learn the name of the person you are going to interview. She kept calling him Muruga..making Murgi jokes and it was in  poor taste. 

People keep bringing up the Mumbai attacks to demonise her.  Was it smart of her ? With hindisight we can say no .  But at that moment nobody knew what to do.  It was the responsibility of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to issue clear orders as to what should have been covered and what shouldn't.  She was not the only one who did it,many other channels did it .  

And the Radia Tapes.  There's nothing in them that actually incriminates her.  Her role in the whole thing wasn't ideal. She admitted to it and said she should have handled it differently.  I don't get the pro terrorist thing. When has she ever justified terrorism? To say that she does for the Congress what Arnab does for the BJP is far fetched.  Arnab is a mouthpiece come puppet whose shows literally look like parodies.  Even if you feel she was easy on the Congress it's insane to say she's a jingoistic sycophant like Arnab. 

We have tons of journalists and reporters in this country but only a handful of them do actual journalism and she's one of them so why not?- I definitely admire her for that.  And again..her coverage of the pandemic alone puts her a league above the rest.  She travelled across India in her car  and got the reality of the migrants out,which the mainstream channels were downplaying. And her live shows are very good for the most part.  

subhs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

She is a real journalist .on the gound reporting and no nonsense journalism 

Veni-Vidi-Vici thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

I dislike her on some aspects but I like the strong woman in her

moonv thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anna143

Recently or before during hrithik drama days? 

Since the hrithik drama case. 

Edited by moonv - 2 years ago
bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Nova19

I am very sorry for her loss as a person. 

As a journalist, Barkha does for Congress what Arnab does for BJP. I trust both to tell the truth when it suits them and lie with conviction when it doesn’t.

We were all talking about this and we finally came to the conclusion that yes all media houses and journalists have their own leanings/ideology/party affiliation.... I can't name one unbiased media

.... But it is very imp that the journalists who are anti govt speak up because they are the only ones that will ask the questions from the govt... They are the only ones that raise the issue of the common man 

So in bjp led govt, the left/congress affiliated media is very essential 

... Just like when Congress was in power, the right wing media was imp and it tore them apart for their corruption. 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Mumbai attacks reporting and Kargil reporting which tipped off the enemy and caused the lives of Indian people and soldiers were not her fault of course... 

After all she was just doing her job and won awards for bravery (also who gave her permission and why, they wanted to copy America here too and send a reporter live to the war zone?)

Her sympathies with the likes of Burhan wani ( again she was not the only one, most elite liberal media were supporting and sympathising with him as they usually do with the likes of him)

Edited by BettyA1 - 2 years ago
snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

she is ok but shes biased towards her religion which i am not fond of. a journalist should be unbaised.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: snatch

she is ok but shes biased towards her religion which i am not fond of. a journalist should be unbaised.

She is biased towards Hinduism?