Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anitarani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

I dislike her because of her previous work.

But here she is spot on.  The cry of those in pain cannot be ignored.

Illyrion thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I am very sorry for her loss as a person. 

As a journalist, Barkha does for Congress what Arnab does for BJP. I trust both to tell the truth when it suits them and lie with conviction when it doesn’t.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

But the ambulance driver denies her claim that the oxygen supply in the ambulance failed

He says “She herself checked the oxygen supply and masks in the ambulance before ferrying him to the hospital and we reached the hospital without any issues... There are several witnesses... Why is she lying?”

Who do you believe? The famous, dignified, sincere journalist? Or this ambulance driver?

Unless she is a trained technician, she would have no clue how to do it. She could ask the driver if all equipment was functional, and he could say yes, but she would have no way of confirming.

Also, the driver would be in the front. How does he know what was happening with the patient?

So the driver is definitely lying here at least in that she *checked.*

And unless he is claiming her father didn't actually die, he did die of Covid. Hospital authorities would confirm whether it was before or after reaching the hospital. 

DISCLAIMER: I don't know her politics, but I do remember her from the Radia Tapes controversy. Regardless, she seems sincere in the current instance.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

“We had reached the hospital without any issues. We were accompanied by two of her vehicles. The patient’s caretaker was also with him. I had even stood outside the emergency department for 15-20 minutes. The patient also got down from the ambulance without any difficulty,” Sonu claimed. “

https://www.opindia.com/2021/05/ambulance-driver-clarifies-barkha-dutt-father-ambulance-oxygen-cylinder/

Ambulance driver’s interview

https://youtu.be/0tCen6sO6cg

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I will personally remember her for the reporting she did on the migrant exodus last year.

As to politics, she is a prime target for right wing. I mean they can actually go and interview the ambulance driver to confirm if her father died due to lack of oxygen in ambulance or not. If she's lying, then she's using her father's death, but to prove what, that there is a shortage of oxygen? If the ambulance driver is lying, then it's either a setup or he's trying to save his own ass. I don't know the truth.

Anyway, sorry for her loss.

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

I'm sorry for her loss. The loss of a parent is devastating. 

She couldn't convince her father earlier to get admitted (as per her own tweets) and I guess afterwards it was too late. It's going to be difficult for her to stop thinking about the 'what-ifs'. 

Folks in India, even if you have fever for just a day, its better to get yourself tested. And if the fever persists get a CT as well. No point in staying at home thinking that it's common cold/fever and will go away. The sooner you act, the better your chances. I have learnt it the hard way. 

OT : I'm kind of conflicted when it comes to her story. Not sure whether to believe her(it was her father after all) or the driver. Her acts earlier(the whole how KPs deserved the attacks, Kargil fiasco, 26/11, Radia tapes) don't paint her in a good light. She has always gone to the lowest point just so she could sell her story. 

But I'm hoping that's not the case this time, atleast for her dead father's case. 

Edited by trouble_006 - 2 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

“We had reached the hospital without any issues. We were accompanied by two of her vehicles. The patient’s caretaker was also with him. I had even stood outside the emergency department for 15-20 minutes. The patient also got down from the ambulance without any difficulty,” Sonu claimed. “

Ambulance driver’s interview

There are obvious problems in his statement (edited out *lies* because they could well be saying things from their own POV). 

How did she know what he said about everything working well was true? He's basically asking the public to accept he told her the truth. She wouldn't know is the bottomline.

Once again, if he is driving, how did he know equipment was working properly during the ride?

Also, his claims that he waited for 15-20 mnutes, and patient got out himself, are easily proven by statements from hosp.

She could well be lashing out from grief. It happens to the best of us. Obviously, the driver has the right to prove himself innocent. But let's not assign a daughter's grief to political scoremaking. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

I remember when my 91 yo grandmother passed from a sudden heart attack, my mother wanted to sue the hospital. She was asked for what? The answer was a sobbing jag which lasted a couple of days.

People blame everything and anyone in their grief.

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Is she saying her father died in the ambulance due to lack of oxygen? Coz she herself was tweeting away about how it was getting difficult to make her father agree to the hospitalisation and later tweeted about consenting to the ventilator support! All the tweets were in the time frame of 6-7 days. All the while she was doing "shamshan live" from her channel or whatever!

May her father find the eternal jyoti and may the family find their peace. Losing a loved one is insanely painful 😟

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

There are obvious problems in his statement (edited out *lies* because they could well be saying things from their own POV). 

How did she know what he said about everything working well was true? He's basically asking the public to accept he told her the truth. She wouldn't know is the bottomline.

Once again, if he is driving, how did he know equipment was working properly during the ride?

Also, his claims that he waited for 15-20 mnutes, and patient got out himself, are easily proven by statements from hosp.

She could well be lashing out from grief. It happens to the best of us. Obviously, the driver has the right to prove himself innocent. But let's not assign a daughter's grief to political scoremaking. 

Bold - No, not doing that cz I don’t know why she is doing that...

It could be due to grief, (The ambulance driver himself said claims made during times of distress might not be entirely true) or some other reason...

Or maybe, maybe she IS speaking  the truth, nothing but the truth...

But I don’t want to discredit what the ambulance driver says either without knowing the truth (which we may never know for sure)