Your thoughts on Barkha Dutt?

Posted: 2 years ago

https://youtu.be/3Q07I1YB-rA

This is her recent interview with CNN. I am so sorry to know that her dad also died days ago due to this virus.

With many journalists being afraid to fully voice the reality..Barkha says it with so much sincerity, guts and a daring spirit. 

Your thoughts on her? Is she one of the few journalists we can actually call dignified and sincere? someone who values her profession and does not merely scandalize things for ratings? 

Sorry for her loss. 

As for she being a journalist — She is opposite of what you describe her.
She live telecasted Taj Hotel Terror attack and so head could give terrorists points where not to go. 

She has never let go an opportunity to make news sensational. 

Indian media is in your face dhadam dhadam loud music stupids. Super embarrassing and stress inducing. No matter which side your political ideology lies on. 

kudos to her for speaking out the truth finally to the world.

She is much stronger than most bollywood stars or sport star wh ohave been keeping mum against current situation. 

Sad that she lost her dad a few days ago due to Covid-19 .Well she does have the guts to voice her opinion on the government but at the same time she can be very selective on some issues...

I think she is very biased like Rajdeep Sardesai, I am not a fan.

But I sorry for her loss.  It's a horrible time now. 

Sorry for her loss... Despite her being an influential person knowing all the doctors, her dad died due to oxygen cylinder failure  in the ambulance....That’s terrible... No body should have to go through this... 

P.S She is pro terrorists ( What does that make her, a 

jihadi?), of course she is dignified and sincere...

But the ambulance driver denies her claim that the oxygen supply in the ambulance failed

He says “She herself checked the oxygen supply and masks in the ambulance before ferrying him to the hospital and we reached the hospital without any issues... There are several witnesses... Why is she lying?”

Who do you believe? The famous, dignified, sincere journalist? Or this ambulance driver?

Edited by BettyA1 - 2 years ago

I have mixed emotions for her. But one thing one cannot blame her for, is not being honest and sincere- unlike the likes of Arnab and co who cannot even be bothered to ask one right question to the correct people even when the country is in the dire straits. 

I dislike her position towards the terrorist attacks even though I don’t doubt her sincerity there. But I am loving the way she has been covering the Covid since the very beginning from Feb 2020. 

What I learned after these past couple of years is that she is one of the gems of the country and at another level where the low lives like Arnab can never even dream to reach.

Her dad must be smiling at his daughter from up there. 

Originally posted by BettyA1

But the ambulance driver denies her claim that the oxygen supply in the ambulance failed

He says “She herself checked the oxygen supply and masks in the ambulance before ferrying him to the hospital and we reached the hospital without any issues... There are several witnesses... Why is she lying?”

Who do you believe? The famous, dignified, sincere journalist? Or this ambulance driver?

I believe her. No daughter will lie about her father. Especially knowing how the powers are very much capable of tweaking and buying over anybody and everybody and make them say what they want them to say. 

She is an attention seeker who will go to any extent to earn praise. Her entire career is proof of that.

Of course she isn't as vile as Arnab (he's something else) and the rest of the godi media, but she is definitely not flawless.