Your thoughts on Barkha Dutt? - Page 3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Shes a pro terrorist? LOL because she has the guts to show the other side of the story shes a jihadi. I guess some people deserve to watch arnab only 

Illyrion thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MercurialMedusa

Is she saying her father died in the ambulance due to lack of oxygen? Coz she herself was tweeting away about how it was getting difficult to make her father agree to the hospitalisation and later tweeted about consenting to the ventilator support! All the tweets were in the time frame of 6-7 days. All the while she was doing "shamshan live" from her channel or whatever!

May her father find the eternal jyoti and may the family find their peace. Losing a loved one is insanely painful 😟

No, even in this interview she is saying he died in the hospital (not sure of time frame after ambulance from this interview). From a medical perspective even if her father’s O2sat fell during the ambulance ride that doesn’t necessarily mean any wrong doing or lack of preparation by the ambulance service. O2 sats in COVID can drop precipitously very rapidly. If all low oxygen could be treated with nasal cannula and oxygen cylinders then no one would ever be intubated. So both could be telling their version of the truth. Clearly her father was very ill - he later died in the ICU - maybe he did get notably worse in her view in the ambulance but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything other than her father was very ill and sadly well on his way of dying from COVID. And just as a reminder even in the best of circumstances with the very best of care COVID patients may still die - that’s not on the medical staff.

Edit: according to this article ( https://www.theweek.in/news/india/2021/04/27/barkha-dutt-father-dies-of-covid-19.html )  , here is the time frame:

Symptoms developed around April 13

Admitted to hospital April 21

Placed on ventilator April 24

Died April 27

I will give her the benefit of speaking as a grieving daughter not a journalist. I don’t think any objective journalist would suggest that an ambulance ride 3 DAYS before his oxygen sats dropped low enough to require intubation led to him dying 3 days after being put on a ventilator - almost a week after the ambulance ride. 

Edited by Nova19 - 2 years ago
Ranjali thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I admired Barkha since my childhood, she was an inspiration. I remember my dad would put on ndtv and watch shows like we the people, the buck stops here hosted by Barkha. She would do on the ground coverage ( like she covered kargil war). Such a brave woman. Those days ndtv was the main english news channel. Times now trash came in much later. I still admire her but my dad now dislikes her as he follows right wing propaganda. Honestly speaking, Barkha has still maintained her dignity. She raises very valid questions in her program's and she isn't scared of questioning the Govt in power. Nowadays I don't watch any of these news channels covering election rallies or Sushant case or whatever I follow Barkhas coverage of covid and such other channels like scoop whoop on YouTube.

Edited by Ranjali - 2 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nova19

Symptoms developed around April 13

Admitted to hospital April 21

Placed on ventilator April 24

Died April 27

I will give her the benefit of speaking as a grieving daughter not a journalist. I don’t think any objective journalist would suggest that an ambulance ride 3 DAYS before his oxygen sats dropped low enough to require intubation led to him dying 3 days after being put on a ventilator - almost a week after the ambulance ride. 

Yeah, then it deffo was not the ambulance ride. That's just mindless grief. 

Hope to God peak has already passed. This thing has been going on for 2 years already.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

Who is she ?Waste of space . Not related to bolly .

Edited by Nonpareil - 2 years ago
moonv thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The day she supported Kangana I lost interest in her news.

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: moonv

The day she supported Kangana I lost interest in her news.

Its not that she supported Kangana but its the way she gleefully let her throw mud on Hrithik without knowing his side of the story. Also hated the way she deliberately misquoted SRK during the intolerance debate.  But I will give it to her for always maintaining a certain dignity unlike that low life vile creature Arnab and his ilk. And her Covid coverage has been one of the honest and sincere piece of work!

bunny3 thumbnail

She is certainly one of the best journalists in India.

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Nova19

I am very sorry for her loss as a person. 

As a journalist, Barkha does for Congress what Arnab does for BJP. I trust both to tell the truth when it suits them and lie with conviction when it doesn’t.

@bold — Exactly.

Dislike both. Someone puts in a Indian news channel at my home and in 20 minutes, I get stress. Every news channel is in rush of being “sabse pehle” and how to be more sensational than other news anker. 

I loved those 7 PM Durdarshan news coverage. Straight faced news. No taking sides just delivering what happened in the country and worldwide. This politically inclined news channels are a menace. 

Edited by NimbuMirchi - 2 years ago
ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Anyone who leans towards either extreme and is biased can not be considered a good journalists. But then she is just doing what she thinks is right. I often agree with her and often don't.