Vidya Balan looked so beautiful in Parineeta

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

I was 19 when Parineeta released...and I had a girl crush on Vidya when the movie came out. She looked so simple and yet so beautiful, and as they say, simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication. I think that applies totally to her character and her looks in the movie. She has never looked so beautiful since.

Shocking! Vidya Balan auditioned 75 times for her role in 'Parineeta' -  News24online | DailyHunt

vidya-balan-in-parineeta - RVCJ Media

I rewatched the movie and she still looked so incredibly beautiful to me.

Esp this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAkr0KFFLLs

Her face is so unique and lovely.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ScarredLife thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Just recently I thought of this movie. Couldn't find any where on the net to watch it for free so I ended of purchasing the film on Google play. 😊 Personally I love the whole film because of Vidya Balan. I don't think I was ever fascinated with a new comer like her... Like ever... She was truly made for great things

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MainHooYeha

Just recently I thought of this movie. Couldn't find any where on the net to watch it for free so I ended of purchasing the film on Google play. 😊 Personally I love the whole film because of Vidya Balan. I don't think I was ever fascinated with a new comer like her... Like ever... She was truly made for great things

Absolutely!

She owns the movie, frame by frame...I don't think I've ever seen any newcomer doing that. She's so effortlessly talented.

Fun trivia - Do you know she auditioned 75 times for the movie? Apparently it took that much time to convince the director to cast her!

ScarredLife thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Yeah I saw the interview where she was narrating her journey.. vindu vinod chopra wasn't keen on taking her but after 70+ takes finally signed her on... She even mentioned how she had signed other films prior to it but the production stopped abruptly.. she was one determined lady, seriously...

kusima thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 5

one of my most fav film,she looked her best in this one

Cassiefinora thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

She had a rocky start actually.She was supposed to do a malayalam movie called Chakram with Mr Mohanlal and Mr Dileep.But the film got shelved halfway and Vidya was considered unlucky.That's sadly how our industry treats a new comer without connections.Eventually she did Parineeta and got much deserved appreciation and went on to do some guest roles in Malayalam movies too.Success made her lucky I guess.πŸ˜†

Trivia :-Chakram got remade with different star cast and tanked superbly in box office.πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Cassiefinora - 3 years ago
TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cassiefinora

She had a rocky start actually.She was supposed to do a malayalam movie called Chakram with Mr Mohanlal and Mr Dileep.But the film got shelved halfway and Vidya was considered unlucky.That's sadly how our industry treats a new comer without connections.Eventually she did Parineeta and got much deserved appreciation and went on to do some guest roles in Malayalam movies too.Success made her lucky I guess.πŸ˜†

Trivia :-Chakram got remade with different star cast and tanked superbly in box office.πŸ˜ƒ

That was a terrible movie. It was for the best that they didn't cast her.  That too with Dilip eew 

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

She looked divine in Parineeta.  It was very refreshing back then when there was nobody like her.  Now she goes overboard with the Ammaji sarees and chunky jewellery. 

Thatgirl16 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

I absolutely love Parineeta. Saw it only in the recent years. I was 8 or 9 when it released