Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Rajasthan Royals

Posted: 3 years ago

Had to happen , now that covid is airborne and it's easier to get infected and have the bubble burst.

RCB when they had finally a chance the tournament is called off , truly a meme team 😆

BeingBlunt thumbnail

Lucknow Super Giants

Many people were asking WHY IPL in Pandemic? Ask Chetan Sakariya. His brother commited suicide just few months ago. He was the only source of income. Chetan got selected in auction played few games. His father had caught covid and treatment was underway. RR released his payment early and sent money to take care of his ill father. Unfortunately he couldn't survive.:Imagine if No IPL, how he would have managed it? He tried his best because of IPL and since he was an IPL player i am sure RR would have taken good care and given every support possible. There are so many players with so many stories like this.. Watch the interview of Harpreet brar when he got man of the match. You will understand what IPL means for these small cricketers. 

I know its been suspended due to a breach and it was the right decision but NO IPL would be disastrous for everybody involved. BCCI still stands to lose 2000 crore of revenue due to cancellation. Where do you think the money goes that BCCI earns? Into domestic and grassroot structure and into things that generate 0 revenue, like the domestic cricket and women's cricket. 

IPL in times of corona argument is very very similar to why build roads where there are numerous road accidents daily? Where is the morality, empathy, humanity etc? 

Another example i would like to quote is about Anand Kumar ( the Super 30 fame ). Everybody knows about the free classes, how many of you know he also runs the paid classes to afford the free classes? 

I know there are morality questions, but most times morality looks good only in books, you have to be practical always and make the most of whatever there is. Just because IPL is entertainment for most us doesn't mean it shouldnt exist. Its a job for so many involved. And since this is a predominantly bollywood and TV forum, why has no one raised objection on movies and TV shows shooting that keep on going? Where is the morality argument there? Or are they exempt form this? 

With this i have nothing more to say. Thank you all for discussion, lets meet in September/November again whenever BCCI decides to continue:) 

Viswasruti thumbnail

Chennai Super Kings

Friends, here is interesting news, love to share with you. Rishabh Pant, Virat Kohli, Gautam Gambhir, and Sachin Tendulkar have strengthened India's fight against the second wave of COVID-19. 

https://www.indiaforums.com/article/anushkavirat-raise-5-crores-in-5-days-for-covid-relief_176279