Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I agree with the last bit. This nation has hero worship and the least we can expect is the cricketers come out and extend help They have a huge reach, putting a up story about someone requiring oxygen cylinders is the least they can do.

BhetuPunha thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

The only question that needs to be answered is, by discontinuing IPL is the Covid situation going to get better ? I guess it is not going to get better. Discontinuing IPL for symbolic purposes is not good thinking.

IPL brings in revenue to states where IPL matches are played. In these tough times it is important that states get revenue and IPL is contributing towards that👍🏼.

However the cricketers need to make contribution towards fight against Covid😎, monetary or otherwise, they have been lacking in this 👎🏼barring a few.

Edited by BhetuPunha - 3 years ago
iluvusakshi thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8

Mumbai Indians

As a coin has two sides..

Whether to continue IPL or not has also two sides..

The revenue generated by THE MEGA CRICKETING EVENT like IPL is HUGE.

No state or even BCCI will be ready to discontine the event and eventually loose the HUGE MONEY.

These cricketeras should come forward and donate either money or food or any other thing which is necessary in this condition. Some of them have already done it.

But, still the Nation needs more.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Chennai Super Kings

A few good Samaritans from cricket world's donation drive--- 

Mumbai Ranji players Vinayak Bhoir and Royston Dias were among more than 90 cricketers who donated blood on Monday, responding to a drive launched by JJ Hospital. 

The players have set an example for the whole state and country to come up and serve the nation.

Cummins while donating $50,000 , wishes that this money be used "specifically to purchase oxygen supplies for India's hospitals." 

"I encourage my fellow IPL players - and anyone around else in the world who has been touched by India's passion and generosity - to contribute. I will kick it off with $50,000," he wrote. 

Let us recollect the good gesture extended by Rohit Sharma, Gautam Gambhir earlier and  the kind of massive contribution Kohli and his wife, Anushka Sharma had made back in March 2020 for the very same cause.

Yes... need is there,the Sports persons are  showing their positive side of helping nature sporadically. 

Edited by Viswasruti - 3 years ago
mishkil88 thumbnail

I think people are scared of seeing news channels. Ipl is a good source of entertainment.  It diverts our minds and we feel relaxed by seeing sports. So spare the ipl. I don't think once govt has agreed they will ever stop it. Ipl will continue . 

BhetuPunha thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Another aspect I forgot to mention is the aspect of normalcy😎. With all the Covid-19 pandemic around us it is important that we return to some sort of normalcy, with strictest restrictions possible👍🏼. IMO, IPL is a tentative first step towards it .

Nichuss thumbnail

Chennai Super Kings

being selfish... i agree on continuin IPL.. as its entertainment which keeps us tied in home.

hope the BCCI team take all precautions and safety f players.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

IPL should continue and they should donate more than 50% of their earnings to Covid patients and healthcare workers. That's a win win. 

BeingBlunt thumbnail

Lucknow Super Giants

Please tell me one good reason why should it stop? For showing solidarity by sitting at home? But you cant survive by only showing solidarity.

Why do people think that only teams and broadcasters are needed ? What about the extremely massive no of backroom staffs who are making this possible and who have no other source of income? Suppose IPL stops, they wont have any work and therefore they will then go out to work and earn to survive, more risk of covid than being in the IPL BIO secure bubble. 

Then you come to the online world of cricket new aggregator websites. Who will pay their bills if IPL is stopped and they get no traffic. What about small eateries who deliver food and stuff to people watching matches?  

Even in case of some players like Sakariya who is the only earning person in his family after brother died just before IPL. How will he take care of his family if no IPL? 

Next argument is players contributing. How do you know they are NOT contributing? BCCI last year contributed 51 coreres. All top cricketers have their charity/foundations running. Kohli donated 3 crores this year. Just because we don't know about charities doesn't mean they dont do it. 

I haven't even touched on entertainment angle and distraction from vulture reporting from crematories etc.

This is my friend https://twitter.com/finehaihum/status/1387110793993342978?s=20

So many people want a escape from negative news. Everybody says stay positive BUT HOW NO ONE TELLS? 

I am a teacher myself, .My life was set, School in the morning and some tv in the evening. Last year i had online classes so i was busy, this year no student showed interest so classes are closed. Now i wake and wander aimlessly for few hours not knowing what to do. Only IPL every night and FL and this IF game is a motivation to look forward and get distracted.  

vijay thumbnail

Royal Challengers Bengaluru

Some are commenting that players should donate. But I disagree, as donation should not be an obligation but should be by their own volition.

And not everyone who is donating making too much noise or PR around it.