ShiVi OS: Can't Help Falling In Love With You

TianaWrites thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

Here's an OS I wrote based on Elvis Presley's classic. Hope you like it. Kindly ignore the typos and grammatical errors. Thanks in advance. Let me know how it is.

Wise men say

Only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in love with you

The first time she screamed that she hated him, he said nothing. He understood her pain that day and he knew that venting out would help her heal soon. As she fainted in his arms, he promised to himself that he would forever protect her. He knew that their marriage happened in a rush and it was quite soon but he made up his mind that no matter what happened in the future, she wouldn't ever have to face anything alone. 

When his mother asked Raavi to divorce him, he said quietly that it was her decision for he knew he could never leave her alone again. Perhaps he was starting to fall for her.

She had always considered him a friend even when he used to bully her. She had protected him from the unlimited scoldings meant for him when he was a kid. Somewhere in her heart she had made a place for him always hoping that he too had the same. Today, she was not so sure. She was shocked when he said it would be her decision. She looked at him with questioning eyes confused as to what he meant by the statement when he was the one who left her. His eyes seemed to be begging her to stay. She took a deep breath and decided to trust those eyes as she always had. 

When her mausi ma called her home, she declared her decision to stay. She saw his tensed muscles visibly relax and knew in her heart that she had already started to forgive him. Perhaps she was starting to fall for him.

Shall I stay?

Would it be a sin

If I can't help falling in love with you?

Every nook and corner held a memory of their childhood and Dhara Bhabhi seemed to remember every single one of them. He shook his head as his Bhabhi started another one of her 'Do you remember?' stories. He watched as Raavi silently asked her to let her rest and left the room. An hour later, when she had not come down for lunch, his Bhabhi sent him to her with her lunch. Wanting to do the one thing he had wanted from the time she left, he left immediately. Reaching the room, he saw a sight he never wanted to forget. There she was sleeping peacefully on his favourite chair, her legs tucked in, her head resting on her arms clutching his favourite shirt. The window was open and a gentle breeze was blowing through the curtains making a strand of hair move with it on her face. He saw her eyes scrunch a little as the hair disturbed her. With a sudden impulse he moved towards her and gently pushed the strand of hair behind her ear. Responding to his touch she opened her eyes to see him gazing at her.

She had been really tired when she excused herself to go to her room. The moment she hit the bed, images of those goons flooded her mind. She tossed around trying to get the picture out only to get even more frustrated. She sat up on the bed and looked around the room trying to think of something else when an old chair caught her eyes. That was the Shiva's favourite chair, they had always fought for it. Now that he was not there she had full access to it. Happily, she went and sat on the chair. She leaned back and tried to shut her eyes again when the dark room came to her mind. Clicking her tongue she looked around for some other distraction when something red caught her eyes. It was his favourite shirt. She knew it as she was the one who selected it. She took it in her arms and a strong smell hit her senses. Mumbling to herself that he never did wash his clothes properly, she clutched it closer to her breathing his scent in. She felt sleep overtake her and the nightmares disappear. It was as if he was with her protecting her. Suddenly she felt someone touch her. She opened her eyes in reflex and saw him looking at her with so much concern. 

As soon as he saw her eyes open he pulled back. She got up from the chair and looked away. After a moment of awkward silence, he opened his mouth trying to break the tension.

"Woh... Dhara Bhabhi sent you lunch..."

"Thanks."

"Uh... My shirt..."

She looked a bit embarrassed and held the shirt out.

"Here.. sorry... actually I... uh... couldn't sleep because of the nightmares about the kidnapping... So... I ... Uh... "

"It's ok no need to explain. Why don't you eat and rest more."

She nodded. He stood looking at her unsure of whether her should leave her alone or stay and comfort her. 

"The nightmares... Do they come everytime you try to sleep?"

"Yes..."

"What are they about mostly?"

"You leaving me to fend for myself with the goons."

Shiva looked down. She still believed he left her on purpose. Sighing, he gave her the plate. 

"Here.. eat... I am sorry. I thought if I could go and fight the goons then I could take you out safely. I didn't leave you to fend for yourself."

"Yes I know..."

Nodding his head, Shiva stood looking uncertainly at her. He wanted to stay till she dozed off again but he felt maybe she wanted Dev there. After all he was the one who went and untied her. So he turned to leave when he felt her holding his hand.

"Will you stay? I need you to overcome my nightmares."

He stayed.

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes

Some things are meant to be

Her nightmares were almost gone. He had taken her to the best psychiatric clinic the next day. After few sessions of therapy and some family time, she had slowly returned to normal. They were back home and he had started going to the store once again. Every night he returned home just before she went to bed and stood at the door where she could watch him. It was a routine they religiously followed even though her nightmares had stopped now. However they fought through the day, she still expected him to be there for the night and he was. Today was different. 

The day had gone smoothly until Rishita had found one of her wedding gifts while cleaning her room. It was a watch which had her name engraved on the dial. She was just serving him food when Rishita came out with the watch.

"Hey Raavi... I think this belongs to you... I found it in my shelf while cleaning. Wow this is pretty. It's for Shiva isn't it?"

Shiva looked frustrated. He pushed his plate away and left the room.

"SHIVA..."

"Did I say something wrong? This is for Shiva isn't it?"

"Yes it is. Please give it to me."

Grabbing the watch, she hurriedly rushed to the one place she knew he would be.

"Shiva... You know I hate climbing trees..."

"Haan... So? What do you want me to do? Carry you all the way up here?"

"Of course not. Can't you come down and talk like a normal human being?"

"What is there to talk? Why don't you give the watch to Dev..."

"Shiva it's..."

"What do you want to do? Tell some cock and bull story that you got it for me and not for my brother?"

"I never said that... Listen I know you are pissed but you do know how we married each other right?"

Shiva angrily got down from the tree.

"Of course... Do you want to start scolding me for marrying you in order to trouble you? Or do you want to shout about your so called love for my brother and how you were forced into this?"

Angrily he grabbed the watch from her hand.

"Some great love you had for my brother. This is not the type he would ever wear. This brand is the one I have wanted for so long. This is the exact watch of MY dreams. Not his... But you would never get it... After all you don't have anything called brains...."

"Over? Done with your rant? Now listen to me Mr. Shiva Pandya. I bought that watch because I liked it. Not because Dev did. I bought it for my future husband whom I thought was Dev at that time. I just assumed he would like it too. Coming to the topic of our wedding. Neither of us were prepared to marry each other. If the reason for me unwilling to marry you was Dev, then you had your reasons to. Don't pretend that you married me because you were deeply in love with me. Just because I had a crush on your brother doesn't mean that he is my soulmate. Whether you like it or not I am your wife. I have learnt to accept that fact. Why don't you learn to accept it?"

She grabbed the watch back from him.

"The fact that I bought this watch for my future husband doesn't change because I married you. Maybe this was the watch that caught my attention because you were the one supposed to marry me. Maybe destiny had already begun it's game. Just because we hated each other, we can't decide what's meant to be."

Shiva turned and left abruptly knowing in his heart she was right.

The clock struck ten and he was not in yet. Raavi sighed and tried to close her eyes. She tossed and turned trying to get some sleep when she heard a voice.

"Missing me?"

Raavi's eyes shot open as she saw him at the door.

"I didn't think you would come..."

"This is where I am meant to be. Now go to sleep, otherwise you will have a sour temper tomorrow."

Raavi giggled and closed her eyes clutching her quilt. Things were changing.

Take my hand

Take my whole life too

For I can't help falling in love with you

Raavi whistled as she walked with a spring on her steps. She was happy. Everything seemed just right.  Her whole life seemed to revolve around Shiva now. She no longer considered Dev as her lover, he was now like an old friend with whom you shared childhood memories and chatted about things you liked. Shiva was different. He excited her and made her do the most idiotic things. Even today morning she had added salt to his tea just to see his reaction. He was not any less in his teasing. A few days back he had brought home an artificial lizard and scared the life out of her. The entire family was now used to their pranks and often rolled their eyes at the sheer childishness. She thought about him day in and day out plotting and planning ways to irritate him. It felt as if her sad past was over. Still, Raavi clicked her tongue as she reached her room. There was something missing. Unable to put a finger on it, she shook her head and slowly opened the door to a vision of a half naked Shiva fresh of the shower. She felt her whole body freeze and butterflies fill her stomach. Her lips trembled as she saw him dry his hair vigorously. As his eyes met hers, she finally knew what was missing.

Her look seemed to burn through his skin. The dark passionate need in her eyes made his heart leap. He had never seen her look like this before not even at his brother. He had always been sure that she loved his brother and not him. This was a forced marriage she had accepted so that she could move on. Still her eyes seemed to tell a different story. Unsure of what he should do he mumbled something about leaving to the store and rushed into the bathroom. When he came out fully dressed, she had left.

His mind had been occupied with her thoughts the whole day. She had not come to meet him as she usually did for lunch and he had missed her. The feelings her eyes had stirred in him seemed to play havoc with his day. It wasn't that he didn't want her. She was the most beautiful girl in the world and it would be a sin not to desire her. He had dreamt of her countless times and many of those dreams couldn't be told out loud. He felt his pulse rising as he thought of that. It was just that he didn't know if she wanted him to desire her. As the clock struck 9, he knew he had to go back. He shut his eyes and made a stern resolve that he wouldn't force her an answer though he was dying to know what was in her mind. He would pretend as if nothing happened. That would be the right thing to do. Maybe that was a fleeting moment. She would definitely be embarrassed if he brought it up again.

He saw that the room was dark when he reached. Maybe she had fallen asleep. Not willing to disturb her, he silently opened the door when he felt something soft under his feet. Immediately he switched on the light only to see that the floor was covered in rose petals. As he looked up, he saw the bed decorated as it would be for suhaag raat. This was not what he had expected. As he stood looking confused he felt a small tap on his shoulder. Turning around, he saw her all decked up as a bride. He still couldn't understand what was going on. He stood staring at her.

"You know you are such an idiot. Here is a beautiful girl standing in front of you and all you do is stare?"

"I don't understand... It's just..."

She leaned forward and gave him a soft peck on his lips.

Shiva looked stunned at the kiss.

"I... Really..."

"Uff... don't you understand I love you... or is it that you don't know to use your mouth properly? I mean do you use it only during emergencies. Somebody please help me. If I had known I would..."

Shiva quickly grabbed her and shut her mouth with a passionate kiss. The kiss was long and deep as they poured their need for each other in that. As they parted for air, he looked at her lips. He had been wonderfully thorough. They were plump and her cheeks were a shade of red he had only dreamt of in one of his wild dreams.

"Do you want any more proof that I can do productive things with my mouth?"

"Of course... Don't we have the whole night dedicated for that? I am yours to keep..."

"Then what are we waiting for?"

Quickly he scooped her up in his arms and carried her to bed.

~la fin~

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GrilledCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

this was lovely! cute, sweet and hot at the same time ❤️

Shivi_forever thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Beautiful os❤️

Loved the title of this story

Loved the slow progression of Shivi's relationship❤️

Continue writing such stories

anjurana2009 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Amazing os

Beautifully written👏

Loved it ❤️

LoverBollywood thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

This was really beautiful..

Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Awesome!! Such a sweet story ❤️

Fah_huq thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Loved it❤️❤️

You described everything so nicely👏

Wanna read more 

milkcakejamun thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wonderful story! Loved the idea of the watch and how destiny caused Raavi to buy a watch Shiva liked, loved the romance at the end, and my absolute favorite line was:

"Do you want any more proof that I can do productive things with my mouth?"

What a line man! ❤️

chinnu_kaku thumbnail

☺️☺️not getting sleep because of raavi..

Krazzy_Girl thumbnail

Your whole OS is classic, it's amazing the way you portrayed Shivi's relationship and progress. Thank you for writing this piece, it felt like I am watching a short movie👏