Child marriage Polygamy and infidelity

NoraSM thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

First post

I am a regular viewer but I don't post because mostly I agree with everyone here, this time I have a different perspective. I can see what Ani is doing and why?

Bon lives in a society where Child marriage and polygamy is the norm, one has to understand that concept of infidelity is not a part of this society, here man has every power over his women, he can do everything he wants then we have Ani who is fighting for Bon's rights and a better future for her and other women. 

Bon, a child is going through agony of being a wife, what did we expect from child marriage? The life of young bride was/is traumatic that's why Ani wants her out of this life, This society which is pushing her towards path of self destruction.

Ani's flashbacks were Bon failing in her class, Kaka asking for uttaradhikari, Bon sitting under ghunghat talking about milk and consummation. 

Is this correct for Bon's future? I see most people talking about Ani and Bon as Pati Patni but they have never been Pati Patni or romantic relationship for me, I never expected any kind of romance because Ani can't see or think about Bon in a carnal light, she is a child.

Sindoor, mangalsutra etc which are part of every other show don't work here because the relationship dynamics are so different, why do we treat this soap like every other soap? 

If polygamy is wrong then child marriage is much much worse, A child's rights are education and a good environment not her husband's fidelity. 

This show is against child marriage, they are presenting problems faced by a child and how society is influencing her to take the wrong path. Ani wants her out of this society because it is clear that Bon didn't listen to his words and seekh about her future and education

Do I want a Barrister Bondita or a Bon like every other female lead from ITV shows who care more about their sindoor and mangalsutra than their self respect? 

This relationship started with Child marriage but should it remain the same? Child marriage doesn't bring happiness to a child's life, this path is full of misery and pain. A child should study and play, she shouldn't know words like Dusri aurat 

PS - I am enjoying the current episode but I don't think marriage was required in this track. 

Edited by NoraSM - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bhshre95 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Child and marriage and polygamy both are equally wrong but then two wrongs don't make a right. That's what most of the people have problem with. Ani wanting Bondita to have a bright future without being bounded by these societal clutches is not wrong by any means but the way he is choosing to teach her is absolutely not justified.

I don't think any Rudhita fan wanted romance between them or Bon being a dedicated wife and all. Even if they showed such things everyone would be very uncomfortable with that. Most have problem with how Ani is behaving. 

His character has been the most inconsistent from the time show started. In one track he behaves like he has completely accepted Bon in his life and in hm track they made it show like he loves her immensely and then again he starts his zimmedari jaap. I understand what kaka and society expects from his relationship is making him uncomfortable and he just sees her as a child. Thats all ok and I even respect him for that. But from the beginning his problem is he always expects Bondita to side by him no matter what. If she questions or goes against him he lashes out. Bondita is a child being fed things from all sides and she seems to be a mess not knowing what to obey and on top of that the person she adores calls her zimmedari at the drop of a hat and wanted to anull their marriage. She doesn't properly understand the right and wrong of child marriage at this juncture. She only knows one thing that this marriage binds them together and she doesn't want to get separated from him that way. Instead of understanding her conflicts and convincing her he chose this horrible way of polygamy. Bon is stubborn but not an unreasonable kid. If he really wantted to convince her there were numerous other ways. And the marriage is not even fake. If he was so keen on this way he could have just brought some random girl to act and made Bon understand. Moreover if his ultimate goal was to send Bondita to hostel only whats even the point of this marriage. He could have just told her he wants her to go to hostel, she would have obliged eventually or otherwise called Sumati to convince her as she always obeys her mother.

Also they showed Ani falling for that girl and now marrying her. Why did he hide it from Sumati? And he is someone who stands for woman empowerment. Isn't it wrong for him to marry 2 times whatever his reasons might be, nothing justifies polygamy. Isn't it wrong for both girls. What if Manorama changes and expects a real marriage from him? wouldn't it be wrong just to leave her? Society would never accept her as she would become a chodi hui aurat. 

With this twist of marriage they just altogether degraded and destroyed Ani's character completely. He did the very thing he was against. And Rudhita bond is tarnished forever, no matter what they do. Because honestly a second marriage just takes away the magic and charm of the couple

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhshre95

Child and marriage and polygamy both are equally wrong but then two wrongs don't make a right. That's what most of the people have problem with. Ani wanting Bondita to have a bright future without being bounded by these societal clutches is not wrong by any means but the way he is choosing to teach her is absolutely not justified.

I don't think any Rudhita fan wanted romance between them or Bon being a dedicated wife and all. Even if they showed such things everyone would be very uncomfortable with that. Most have problem with how Ani is behaving. 

His character has been the most inconsistent from the time show started. In one track he behaves like he has completely accepted Bon in his life and in hm track they made it show like he loves her immensely and then again he starts his zimmedari jaap. I understand what kaka and society expects from his relationship is making him uncomfortable and he just sees her as a child. Thats all ok and I even respect him for that. But from the beginning his problem is he always expects Bondita to side by him no matter what. If she questions or goes against him he lashes out. Bondita is a child being fed things from all sides and she seems to be a mess not knowing what to obey and on top of that the person she adores calls her zimmedari at the drop of a hat and wanted to anull their marriage. She doesn't properly understand the right and wrong of child marriage at this juncture. She only knows one thing that this marriage binds them together and she doesn't want to get separated from him that way. Instead of understanding her conflicts and convincing her he chose this horrible way of polygamy. Bon is stubborn but not an unreasonable kid. If he really wantted to convince her there were numerous other ways. And the marriage is not even fake. If he was so keen on this way he could have just brought some random girl to act and made Bon understand. Moreover if his ultimate goal was to send Bondita to hostel only whats even the point of this marriage. He could have just told her he wants her to go to hostel, she would have obliged eventually or otherwise called Sumati to convince her as she always obeys her mother.

Also they showed Ani falling for that girl and now marrying her. Why did he hide it from Sumati? And he is someone who stands for woman empowerment. Isn't it wrong for him to marry 2 times whatever his reasons might be, nothing justifies polygamy. Isn't it wrong for both girls. What if Manorama changes and expects a real marriage from him? wouldn't it be wrong just to leave her? Society would never accept her as she would become a chodi hui aurat. 

With this twist of marriage they just altogether degraded and destroyed Ani's character completely. He did the very thing he was against. And Rudhita bond is tarnished forever, no matter what they do. Because honestly a second marriage just takes away the magic and charm of the couple

@bold 

This is his point, if everyone or even one person feels that polygamy is wrong regardless of the Era then they can also understand that Child marriage is wrong. If people want him to accept a child as his bride because the time was such that Child marriage was the norm then he is going to be your regular male, for whom multiple marriages were allowed and infidelity was not a thing. 

That's what he said to Bon, if she wants a regular marriage and act like an Adarsh patni, he'd be a regular husband. He wants to annul their marriage and free her from the shackles of child marriage, how's that wrong?

Ani is doing the right thing, how can creatives show a happy child marriage? What is the incentive to ban it if one can be happy in child marriage?

Just think from Ani's perspective, He doesn't see her as his wife, I can see most fans are thinking that they'll grow up and there will be romance as I have seen posts which think a hug between them was "Lovey-Dovey", how can it be when you are seeing Bon? She's a child 

Ani wants a good future for her where she can live independently, Child marriage cannot result in a happy married life

I have stated marriage wasn't required so I agree with you on that 

Janu.301017 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Whatever you said was right..all the show fans don't expect their relation to be romantic in any way...

Yes child marriage is wrong...it has its  own effects on the child...but the way he was trying to explain her is wrong...see suddenly with a girl who was attached to him..(yes she considers him as patibabu..and sees herself as his patni...but in her sight..the pati patni rishtha is only the acceptance, care, sharing thoughts, smiles etc..which is the purest fo of love) go and say that all the rishtha and all the Pooja's, all the rasam done over a year was wrong...is unbearable for a child...ok..he said it..but the way he wanting to nullify the marriage was the trigger for her to take extreme steps..instead of that nullifying now only..he would have explained her about her bhaagya for getting oppertunity to study and show her how other girls and women are facing problems due to lack of being independent...then he can explain her that her being barrister is more important to society than being her sirf patni...because to show them how to be independent you have to be independent first..and the first step for it is by making our own definition of this relation may be not pati patni...but more pure than that...and not confined to the society or kaka...

Then after she grows up...he can explain her easily about the consequences of balvivah and wanted to nullyfy the shhadi and she will have the right to choose her partner...I am sure after barrister she will understand what he is trying to explain.

But now doing all this forcing her is not at all accepted..

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: Janu.301017

Whatever you said was right..all the show fans don't expect their relation to be romantic in any way...

Yes child marriage is wrong...it has its  own effects on the child...but the way he was trying to explain her is wrong...see suddenly with a girl who was attached to him..(yes she considers him as patibabu..and sees herself as his patni...but in her sight..the pati patni rishtha is only the acceptance, care, sharing thoughts, smiles etc..which is the purest fo of love) go and say that all the rishtha and all the Pooja's, all the rasam done over a year was wrong...is unbearable for a child...ok..he said it..but the way he wanting to nullify the marriage was the trigger for her to take extreme steps..instead of that nullifying now only..he would have explained her about her bhaagya for getting oppertunity to study and show her how other girls and women are facing problems due to lack of being independent...then he can explain her that her being barrister is more important to society than being her sirf patni...because to show them how to be independent you have to be independent first..and the first step for it is by making our own definition of this relation may be not pati patni...but more pure than that...and not confined to the society or kaka...

Then after she grows up...he can explain her easily about the consequences of balvivah and wanted to nullyfy the shhadi and she will have the right to choose her partner...I am sure after barrister she will understand what he is trying to explain.

But now doing all this forcing her is not at all accepted..

Ani’s approach is extreme, I agree with you completely, but I understand what he is trying to do, he wants her to witness what she will face if she decides to let go of her education and independence, she will be at mercy of her husband who can marry another woman and shower her with love, she has to understand and see how life of wife is not so good in their society, how will he explain it to her? 
Ani has told her about problems faced by women time and again, he is giving her what women in her time didn’t have

She sat there with milk asking him to consummate their marriage, his uncle is expecting a child, Society is filling Bon’s mind with trash about Adarsh Wife, she is failing in her class and not focusing on her education, he is putting his life on line to earn money for her school fee

Forcing is not right but The man is in his 20s Bon is a child but Ani is barely an adult, he is educated but not experienced to handle a situation like this

Annulment is required so society understands that there was no Pati Patni relationship between them, She is a child, They were forced in to this marriage and freeing her from it, is the best thing he can do

She is getting education, she is getting freedom, she is getting a right to choose her partner

This few days ka pain is much much less in comparison to the life long misery of being a child bride in a regressive society

He is showing her life of other women, they are not happy, is this what she wants for herself? This pain what they are showing, Ani is saving her from this only by asking her to focus on her education 

sharafah thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

@bold 

This is his point, if everyone or even one person feels that polygamy is wrong regardless of the Era then they can also understand that Child marriage is wrong. If people want him to accept a child as his bride because the time was such that Child marriage was the norm then he is going to be your regular male, for whom multiple marriages were allowed and infidelity was not a thing. 

That's what he said to Bon, if she wants a regular marriage and act like an Adarsh patni, he'd be a regular husband. He wants to annul their marriage and free her from the shackles of child marriage, how's that wrong?

Ani is doing the right thing, how can creatives show a happy child marriage? What is the incentive to ban it if one can be happy in child marriage?

Just think from Ani's perspective, He doesn't see her as his wife, I can see most fans are thinking that they'll grow up and there will be romance as I have seen posts which think a hug between them was "Lovey-Dovey", how can it be when you are seeing Bon? She's a child 

Ani wants a good future for her where she can live independently, Child marriage cannot result in a happy married life

I have stated marriage wasn't required so I agree with you on that 

It is as simple as it can be. Directors or makers or fans can justify Ani's actions! His intentions are noble but his actions cant be condoned! Sorry! None of us wanted romance between Ani or Bon right now! but it was the makers who showed scenes in the drama that said otherwise! If Ani was so concerned about this issue he at the start of the marriage could have sent her to a hostel! He could have stopped Kaka and spoke to Bon that child marriage is not right very firmly and their marriage happened becuz he needed to save her! Bon is young but she would have understood that better at the start cuz in the beginning she was not attached to Ani at all! What did he do after HM track...he called himself her pati and her his  patni and was alright with her doing all the household duties as bahu,,let her do grahapravesh and the list goes on! My question here why did he allow her to do all that and he did not stop her? Where was his brain then? Was that not wrong! If she is not his wife that she is not a RC member as simple as that,, then why give her a wrong idea all along?! If Ani had not done all these as well Bon would not be broken like that! Ani is just indecisive! Makers are trying to force their way by showing how Ani is so self sacrificing,, only thinking about Bon's future and that was why he took this direction! He could have just married Mini right at the start instead of all these drama! Sindhoor is the same for everyone is just the legality of the marriage matters when it comes to the court of law! Even in that aspect the law regarding the age a child could get married was not passed during Ani's time so to show the most ridiculous thing if they would show like their marriage getting annulled is not possible! What is RTM21 about??Does it describe a feeling a mentor has for his student? Ani is just an impulsive person who wants people to listen to his rationality for his irrational behavior! If Marrying manorama is a solution while having feelings for her ,,does it mean the directors are indirectly saying guys could marry another person by saying its fake just to prove their point to another person when internally there already have different ideas?! Why did the makers not show Ani explaining properly to Bon about what the society is really expecting! Who is he to tell Bon's mother not to  accept to bring Bon back to her house? So he will let Bon suffer internally and that his wonderful way of teaching Bon? I never knew inflicting so much pain on someone intentionally so that the person will choose the path that he has created for her is fair cuz it sounds extremely unfair! If Ani decided Bon will be a Barrister by hook or crook she has to be and follow his orders? Is that what Ani babu is saying?! Just by crying behind after hurting her does not make him look pitiful! It is just annoying! He could explain to her correctly and properly and not make her vulnerable by saying you and I don't share any relation cuz that girl wants her family to be with her especially after being betrayed by people around her from time to time. What Ani did by convincing Bon's mum to say whatever she said just worsened things for Bon! She would feel out of place and that no is hers truly not even her mother  and that is not at all a feeling anyone even adults would want to feel!  They could have showed everything in a different way instead of all these! People marry with age differences these days and so if fans were expecting Ani to have a real relation with Bon in the future with proper progression is not wrong... child marriage is bad but  polygamy is not a solution to that!

Edited by sharafah - 3 years ago
rajiraji14 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Ani’s approach is extreme, I agree with you completely, but I understand what he is trying to do, he wants her to witness what she will face if she decides to let go of her education and independence, she will be at mercy of her husband who can marry another woman and shower her with love, she has to understand and see how life of wife is not so good in their society, how will he explain it to her? 
Ani has told her about problems faced by women time and again, he is giving her what women in her time didn’t have

She sat there with milk asking him to consummate their marriage, his uncle is expecting a child, Society is filling Bon’s mind with trash about Adarsh Wife, she is failing in her class and not focusing on her education, he is putting his life on line to earn money for her school fee

Forcing is not right but The man is in his 20s Bon is a child but Ani is barely an adult, he is educated but not experienced to handle a situation like this

Annulment is required so society understands that there was no Pati Patni relationship between them, She is a child, They were forced in to this marriage and freeing her from it, is the best thing he can do

She is getting education, she is getting freedom, she is getting a right to choose her partner

This few days ka pain is much much less in comparison to the life long misery of being a child bride in a regressive society

He is showing her life of other women, they are not happy, is this what she wants for herself? This pain what they are showing, Ani is saving her from this only by asking her to focus on her education 

Hi buddy, u mentioned Bon vth milk ask ARC to consummate,sry as of Bon its also a rasam,she doesnt know real meaning of tat.... and more then y all viewers against ARC  and his action is.... becoz he himself not clear vth things happening around him and already he generated in mind of Bon as his wife.... now suddenly he says lets stay away,makes her violent, acc to Bon, ARC is everything she gets enormous love frm him, like mentor,guru,friend,husband,father in all ways so suddenly if tat person says stay away frm me lets break ths relation, u r only my responsibility means tats cant b accepted by well known adults... then how ARC expect teen Bon to accept it... as ths age already she vl face 1000 of new questio, age to explore new, so if ARC is great revolutionist, y not even once he lend his ear, wat Bon need frm him as husband... Do Bon really ask fr any physical relationship, then fr sure its  big no..... As of now she expects someone who can lend his ears to her and gve shoulder to her.... obviously she is possessive becoz she learnt tat much frm him, in one single moment there is nothing like tat in life, is highly miserable one.... and more over wats ARC plan fr future, he wanna Bon to leave him forever or wat... if tat so thn fr wat purpose he sat himself comfortably at diwali pooja, y he himself feels the pain when she is away,y he himself explained good touch bad touch and menstruation easily and patiently to her and now y not crush in same way... is he alright frm his side....

So as of ths polygamy wat ARC is trying to explain her, if she didnt study further,or annul their child marr, she vl suffer like ths,a man vl marry sme other lady and vl show her ths s life of normal grl who wanna only b wife forever....then really i dont agree yaar,ARC is character, who can make Bonditha understand btr things in life.... As study is not possible fr grls those days, bt he enlighten her wth tat, bt she forcefully not entered schl, she herself loved to go to schl... bt now he s forcing her to go to boarding schl which is completely wrong and his path choosed fr tat cant b justified in any way whether it is real or fake marr... 

Viewers are not viewing show frm day wen he shouted at Bon during frst anniversary vth bitter truth

One she till tat date she was in  dfrnt wrld bt suddenly she was told another one stry frst to analyse tat she had no time, KSG vth his point and ARC vth his point.... so Bon choosed the path wat she likes, she wanna ARC near her tats it, bt its society forcing her smething else and ARC instead giving her hand, he too forcing her which cant b accepted by any loyal viewrs... main thing Bon is not adult to understand all, she s kid so her mental stability is not considered till now.... ydy epi too she feels cheated, she s hurt bt no one sense tat, all feels she s stubborn fr her patibabu, bt no one considered her other feelings yaar... so ths cant b justified and further if ARC gonna support AE as his wife thn fr sure it vl create impact in mind of Bonditha, not to trust anyone in future too. Is tat crt to teach a child.... to create feel self respect and self confidence in Bon,ARC choosed a path tat breaks her value fr relationship,her trust,her hope, esp she vl feel cheated fr life long.... Dont u think ARC taking advantage of her  bon's age and studies  to marry AE who is his crush....which is unaware to Bon till date....so however way can u justify his polygamy to seek lesson to bring back Bon to studies... 

rajiraji14 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharafah

It is as simple as it can be. Directors or makers or fans can justify Ani's actions! His intentions are noble but his actions cant be condoned! Sorry! None of us wanted romance between Ani or Bon right now! but it was the makers who showed scenes in the drama that said otherwise! If Ani was so concerned about this issue he at the start of the marriage could have sent her to a hostel! He could have stopped Kaka and spoke to Bon that child marriage is not right very firmly and their marriage happened becuz he needed to save her! Bon is young but she would have understood that better at the start cuz in the beginning she was not attached to Ani at all! What did he do after HM track...he called himself her pati and her his  patni and was alright with her doing all the household duties as bahu,,let her do grahapravesh and the list goes on! My question here why did he allow her to do all that and he did not stop her? Where was his brain then? Was that not wrong! If she is not his wife that she is not a RC member as simple as that,, then why give her a wrong idea all along?! If Ani had not done all these as well Bon would not be broken like that! Ani is just indecisive! Makers are trying to force their way by showing how Ani is so self sacrificing,, only thinking about Bon's future and that was why he took this direction! He could have just married Mini right at the start instead of all these drama! Sindhoor is the same for everyone is just the legality of the marriage matters when it comes to the court of law! Even in that aspect the law regarding the age a child could get married was not passed during Ani's time so to show the most ridiculous thing if they would show like their marriage getting annulled is not possible! What is RTM21 about??Does it describe a feeling a mentor has for his student? Ani is just an impulsive person who wants people to listen to his rationality for his irrational behavior! If Marrying manorama is a solution while having feelings for her ,,does it mean the directors are indirectly saying guys could marry another person by saying its fake just to prove their point to another person when internally there already have different ideas?! Why did the makers not show Ani explaining properly to Bon about what the society is really expecting! Who is he to tell Bon's mother not to  accept to bring Bon back to her house? So he will let Bon suffer internally and that his wonderful way of teaching Bon? I never knew inflicting so much pain on someone intentionally so that the person will choose the path that he has created for her is fair cuz it sounds extremely unfair! If Ani decided Bon will be a Barrister by hook or crook she has to be and follow his orders? Is that what Ani babu is saying?! Just by crying behind after hurting her does not make him look pitiful! It is just annoying! He could explain to her correctly and properly and not make her vulnerable by saying you and I don't share any relation cuz that girl wants her family to be with her especially after being betrayed by people around her from time to time. What Ani did by convincing Bon's mum to say whatever she said just worsened things for Bon! She would feel out of place and that no is hers truly not even her mother  and that is not at all a feeling anyone even adults would want to feel!  They could have showed everything in a different way instead of all these! People marry with age differences these days and so if fans were expecting Ani to have a real relation with Bon in the future with proper progression is not wrong... child marriage is bad but  polygamy is not a solution to that!

Superb dear🤗 Flowed wth all loyal viewers anger,hatred,frustation.....

Doe_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Nobody asked for rudhita romance not even bondita. He was left with second MARRIAGE option to bring bondita on track? Bondita started acting weird since the suhag rat rasam why he came up with second -marriage -only-solution after meeting azadi express? He fell for her and he was looking for a solid reason to bring her in haweli and putting all the blame on bondita. Bondita was no right but barristers babu looks more wrong here. Unbelievable how can people justify anirudh's selfish and dumb reasons. 

Goldstar7 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Doe_gurl

Nobody asked for rudhita romance not even bondita. He was left with second MARRIAGE option to bring bondita on track? Bondita started acting weird since the suhag rat rasam why he came up with second -marriage -only-solution after meeting azadi express? He fell for her and he was looking for a solid reason to bring her in haweli and putting all the blame on bondita. Bondita was no right but barristers babu looks more wrong here. Unbelievable how can people justify anirudh's selfish and dumb reasons. 

Its just pathetic how makers and many r neglecting his kaands especially  his samjhuta  Wali shadi in name of so-called  mahanta.🤢

Bondita  ke liye  us zamane ka reason , magar us zamane  samjhuta wali  shadi  hoti thi  kya?

Want some one slap him asap for this herioc deed 👍🏼.