Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Datura thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

So I am completely new to the forum, never posted here before. But this conversation makes me want to say my two cents as well...

I was originally watching the Bangla dub of BB from the start...we are still in the school track, where there's a girls Vs boys competition for the girls to attend school. I decided to give the original a try on TV few weeks ago...and to be honest, I was shocked. 

after getting an idea of what's happening, in my opinion, both Anirudh and Bondita are right in their places. Anirudh wants her to forget all this Pati-patni business and focus on being a barrister But unfortunately, his method of 'tough love' and 'swallowing the poison of hurting bondita for her own good' is just messing her up, putting her through alot of mental trauma. Moreover, he's making Sumati be cold to her as well. I'm sorry, but surely an educated person like him knows that no kid will be able to focus on studies in such an environment? It was also completely unnecessary to marry Manorma, act like he loves her etc etc....his goal isn't to make bondita hate him, but to make her understand what's good for herself.

Bondita enjoys being the bahu of the household, as all kids would enjoy being given such importance and grown up responsibilities. Plus she loves the whole family, and believes that she's looking after their well-being. She cherishes her patibabu as a close friend, someone who's always been there for her..and I think her marriage for her is just a way of staying closed to this person who she bonds with. Maybe as a preteen she has a crush on him...but Anirudh instead of over reacting, avoiding her.. shouldn't he help her stay focused on studies? All kids don't just study on their own like that... especially when they're just left to their own business, while the supposed guardian has mental breakdowns in their room. Granted, he is young too...but the initial episodes showed him much more mature, in the way he made her study and disciplined her. It was also ok to send her to boarding school, not by making her feel like an unwanted burden, but by making her as excited for it as she was for school.

And lastly, yes the society and kaka were being ridiculous , but that had never stopped Anirudh before. He sent her to school, made her study all against Kaka's wishes. As her husband, he always had the last word on Bondita, and no one could just force anything on him. Now he acts like he has no choice but to hurt her due to these 'pressures'?

Well...I really hope we get the beautiful show we lost back soon. Meanwhile I'll just stay in the temporary heaven of the Bangla dub. (Sorry for the long rant everyone!)

subhs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

i agree with your post .This Bondita character is so annoying .

Anirudh treats her like a child .she is his responsibility .he married her to save her life .it doesnt mean he has to live happily ever after with a child ðŸ˜† He has all the right to find a lifepartner for himself