Why Amisha Patel didn’t make big in Bollywood?

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

I think her personnal life got in the way. She had issues with her parents. She sued them.

She had a relationship with Vikram Bhatt which her parents weren't pleased with. This relationship might have hurt her career as he had some influence on her and her work. 

She seemed to have attitude issues. Then agai  it's complicated to know if she was the wronged party or the guilty one. It was still bad press attached to her name.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

She did make it for a while. She was huge at the beginning, it just didn't last after a few years. She had a string of bad projects like vaada, elaan, zameer, mere jeevan saathi, teesri aankh, humko tumse pyar hai and others I don't remember. Bad project is totally fine in Bollywood because except for a handful of stars everyone was doing flops those days anyways. But you can't take breaks amidst your flops. You have to keep at it and she didn't. She let things get in the way, took breaks. By mid-late 2000s a new generation of actresses were here and the slightly older one like Preity, Rani, Aish were at the best of their game. When she came back there was no space for her. She started doing minor roles like Aap ki Khatir or bhool bhulaiya, playing supporting to other lead heroines. Unless you are a new actress, this might as well announce to the world no one is giving you lead roles anymore. 

Then I remember Amisha saying she is taking a break because her sole focus is on starting her production house. when she came back with a movie it seemed like a fake movie she created to save face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0EL1b9ZUxw

She also became like Kangana Ranaut. Clearly had severe mental issues and would say ridiculous things. I don't know how Kangana is still around with her problems but at least she has serious talent to back it up for now. Amisha didn't. So no one kept her around.

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Amisha was so good in the movies I saw of her, beautiful and talented. She should’ve done more movies. But yes she had bad attitude and personality is everything when your an outsider. If your a starkid like Kareena you can have an attitude because you’ll always get work. Someone on here comparing Amisha Patel and kangana, unpopular opinion but amisha was much more beautiful, much more talented than kangana. Kangana is a good actor in certain roles but her talent is limited, she’s not versatile, she can’t do mainstream dance songs, doesn’t even have grace and poise to do that and it’s not even a great actor like she is being hyped to be. She is an okay actor. Her voice is annoying. Amisha was a huge star back and had back to back hits. She was good in so many movies I saw of her 

Edited by Terenaina - 3 years ago
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

She accused sanjay dutt of molesting her after that movies stopped

Edited by myviewprem - 3 years ago
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: myviewprem

She accused sanjay dutt of molesting her after that movies stopped

her career stopped years before this story happened, she was considered a flop actress before. I was reading about that story just now it said she was wearing revealing clothes and Sanjay wanted her to cover up. He said she is like his sister and wanted her to cover. Why he cares about how she dressed? If she wants to look sexy, that’s her decision. He was wrong to drape sari to cover her. Pervert guy 

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maraka_Musso89

I think her personnal life got in the way. She had issues with her parents. She sued them.

She had a relationship with Vikram Bhatt which her parents weren't pleased with. This relationship might have hurt her career as he had some influence on her and her work. 

She seemed to have attitude issues. Then agai  it's complicated to know if she was the wronged party or the guilty one. It was still bad press attached to her name.

Vikram Bhatt. How could anyone have a relationship with a Director who inflicted Aap Mujhe Achche Lagne Lage  on them?  Her acting as an asthmatic wasn't exactly good but taking out the explanation that she was an asthmatic made her performance look infinitely worse.  And this is the man she chose to alienate her family over?

Read her early interviews and she's a condescending snob and a spoiled brat from a then wealthy family.   There's one I read long ago where she's talking about have an expensive bag but unlike the other starlets who didn't grow up in wealth she knows how to wear it with out making it a big deal because she's used to having expensive things.   Ugh.

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Terenaina

her career stopped years before this story happened, she was considered a flop actress before. I was reading about that story just now it said she was wearing revealing clothes and Sanjay wanted her to cover up. He said she is like his sister and wanted her to cover. Why he cares about how she dressed? If she wants to look sexy, that’s her decision. He was wrong to drape sari to cover her. Pervert guy 

That's obnoxious and patriarchal but it's not as she later claimed sexual molestation.

Palak_Paneer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

She would have had a good life and career if she didnt join movies with her education.Ah life is strange and it makes me wonder when people say that whatever happens happens for good.

RunParoRun thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Vikram Bhatt and doing those bad films with him in the early 2000s. After Gadar, she was gonna be an icon but she just couldn't get it together. You need to stay focused, which she clearly wasn't. Although, she was super smart and intelligent and came across that in her earlier interviews.

Equine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail