SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

On Juhi Chawla's birthday, a list of her best roles | Celebrities News –  India TV

What are your thoughts about Juhi Chawla's filmography ?

Share your favorite movies of hers ! & what do you think about the roles she played was she getting repeated in the same image or did she attempt different movies where we saw her versatility?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail

I liked her in most of her movies, but she wasted her talent and ran after B.O. success. Unfortunately for her, times were a-changing toward the last half of her career, and those who focused on more performance-oriented roles won out.

Secondly, she chose to do some extremely regressive movies. Not blaming her for not being preternaturally woke. But Benaam Badshah?🤢 Even for that era, it was problematic as all out.

The rest of it - calling SRK dark and skinny, etc, can to some extent be attributed to her being a product of her time and culture. She's of course compensating for it now by being wokiest of the woke with climate and environment. Don't appreciate her RW sympathies, though, and some of her remarks on the status of women in BW. She, of all people, should be more understanding. Rumor at the time was a certain showman director tried to physically assault her during a script reading, from which she was saved by her bestie.

On the immensely positive side, her children, from what little of them we've seen in public, seem normal in spite of being wealthy SoBo-ites.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Never cared for her acting or her face from the moment I saw her in her first film. Her voice annoys the heck out of me. She has so many movies that are just terrible. It's hard to hold that against actresses from the 90s because there weren't that many good movies. Hers just seemed extra bad to me.

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

She makes comedy seem so effortless. That's her USP. But wasn't exploited properly except in a few movies like Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke. Her comedy made even mediocre movies like One Two Ka Four stand out. But she either wasn't interested or didn't get the chance to play many memorable characters. Together with Sridevi and Madhuri she was part of the trinity of 90s Bollywood heroines for a short while. And it is impressive the way she never let the tragedy in her personal life spill over her work and always put on a cheerful face.

Edited by capricornrcks - 3 years ago
Taify thumbnail

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

She makes comedy seem so effortless. That's her USP. But wasn't exploited properly except in a few movies like Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke. Her comedy made even mediocre movies like One Two Ka Four stand out. But she either wasn't interested or didn't get the chance to play many memorable characters. Together with Sridevi and Madhuri she was part of the trinity of 90s Bollywood heroines for a short while. And it is impressive the way she never let the tragedy in her personal life spill over her work and always put on a cheerful face.

Waht tragedy? Her brother's demise?

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Taify

Waht tragedy? Her brother's demise?

She lost her dad and mom almost back to back in her 20s. Then her bro some years ago. 

DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

👎🏼 always OTT

couldn't enjoy her scenes because of her voice.

Witcher thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

She was and is my favorite actress, I would always watch her movies. For me she was and is the most beautiful woman in the world. 

I would watch Phir Bhi dil hai hindustani, Mr and Mrs Khiladi, Yes Boss on repeat mode. She is the light that can make the darkness go away. 

I loved her pairing with SRK the most. 

Her smile makes me smile. 

JayaBachan thumbnail

I always found her extremely cute and likeable on-screen. She has great comedic timing and that was executed effortlessly in the movie Ishq. Also loved her chemistry with SRK. Both looked adorable together 🥰

I have recently watched her current interviews and loved how honest she was. Her episode with Madhuri in KWK was entertaining to watch because she was giving such frank and unbuttered responses. She came across 100% more genuine and humble next to Madhuri - who was acting like the crown of England was placed on her head. 

Edited by FingerFetish - 3 years ago
Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I like her in movie Ishq.