Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: ninny

But when you get a degree for one field and chose to work in completely different field I don't find any logic.. I can understand most middle class Indians would want to get a degree in engineering or other field for job security but why can't star kids ever study performing arts when this is what they plan to do for rest of their lives? 

She was never a star kid, what’s wrong in having more than one option? If movies don’t work out, she can go back. I don’t think she has left her education completely and last I remember she was trying to get her college transferred. Many kids working in TV study as well. Sometimes people have more than one interest.

In my experience people hardly do what they set out to do. They just do what they get. I have a lot of friends who have MBA but when they got campus placed, the company gave some of us managerial roles, while some got into projects with B. Techs doing QA work in IT. 

I have done MBA too, but I’m studying English Literature through distance and will purse doctorate in it rather doing it in management. People change, what we want changes.. I don’t think it matters at all.

Soanz.19 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Had a lot of expectations from her when she won the title. Sigh, she's taken the same old path of getting into movies and being launched opposite Akki. Agar yahi karna tha toh she could have been clear about it in her interviews. She painted a different picture about her aspirations in her interviews after winning the title. Total waste of a precious medical seat.

purplesnow thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Lonewalker.

@Bold - Isn't it the norm here? 😆 That's what I have observed here...& in other social media sites. And honestly speaking most of them can't stitch two coherent sentences together & brings this upon them by their own ignorant behaviour. They are hard to take seriously.

Of course everyone have the right to switch paths & make their own choices.... not questioning her right to change career path... I was just curious if anyone else felt disappointed by it. It's just sad to see that someone who had seemed so passionate about medical education, having a purposeful career at one point suddenly feels so thrilled about being in Bollywood. It's just very contradictory.

Why would anyone feel disappointed over a complete stranger's career change? 😆

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

She's absolutely beautiful but somehow I feel she'll be a poor actress... 

Though that aside idk why people are criticizing her for dropping out of medicine... I mean let's be real, MOST girls would probably drop out of whatever job/course they were currently in if they got an opportunity like this one 😆

Also on another note why on Earth is 55 year old Akshay Kumar playing a man who died when he was 24??  Someone like Vidyut Jamwal would have actually been appropriate for this role 🤔

Edited by Anjalika01 - 3 years ago
ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

She was never a star kid, what’s wrong in having more than one option? If movies don’t work out, she can go back. I don’t think she has left her education completely and last I remember she was trying to get her college transferred. Many kids working in TV study as well. Sometimes people have more than one interest.

In my experience people hardly do what they set out to do. They just do what they get. I have a lot of friends who have MBA but when they got campus placed, the company gave some of us managerial roles, while some got into projects with B. Techs doing QA work in IT. 

I have done MBA too, but I’m studying English Literature through distance and will purse doctorate in it rather doing it in management. People change, what we want changes.. I don’t think it matters at all.

I was not talking about Manushi here.. I was particularly talking about star kids I think you misunderstood my comment. .. My point is most of these star kids if they ever manage to get some degree boast about it as if they have achieved something great.. Whether it's Sonam or Sara or Saif and others... well and good you got yourself a degree from a fancy Institute but at the end you are working in completely different industry and you are particularly bad in your profession because you never cared to learn it.. People take Art very lightly. Now I am not saying that you need a degree to become an actor but why not learn when you have the chance.. Wouldn't that be good for you and the industry as a whole.. No wonder mediocrity thrives here

Edited by ninny - 3 years ago
TrustNo1 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I wish there was an eye-roll reaction too 🙄🙄

an actress can earn much more from couple of movies than an average doctor earns in his/her lifetime. 

.Lonewalker. thumbnail

Originally posted by: purplesnow

Why would anyone feel disappointed over a complete stranger's career change? 😆

Well.... people here do feel excited / disappointed over complete strangers' dressing sense, popularity levels, movie choices, PR games.... even their choice of spouses....so people can keep their opinion over this too. Nothing absurd to ask in a place like this.

.Lonewalker. thumbnail

Originally posted by: TrustNo1

an actress can earn much more from couple of movies than an average doctor earns in his/her lifetime. 

Again an eye-roll coment

A renowned doctor, even though doesn't earn crores (though expert surgeons do) is respected for saving lives. Entertainment is never a basic priority....but getting treatment in illness is always our topmost priority. That does make medical profession more valuable than any other profession.

The purpose & job details they entail, of the two professions, are so different that you can not compare them just on the basis of their earnings.

It's same like Saif commenting that since they are shooting without masks, they are also front row covid warriors😆

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: ninny

I was not talking about Manushi here.. I was particularly talking about star kids I think you misunderstood my comment. .. My point is most of these star kids if they ever manage to get some degree boast about it as if they have achieved something great.. Whether it's Sonam or Sara or Saif and others... well and good you got yourself a degree from a fancy Institute but at the end you are working in completely different industry and you are particularly bad in your profession because you never cared to learn it.. People take Art very lightly. Now I am not saying that you need a degree to become an actor but why not learn when you have the chance.. Wouldn't that be good for you and the industry as a whole.. No wonder mediocrity thrives here

That’s not just actors. That’s most of the elite all across the world.. some people don’t even act.. they just earn more money by being rich and famous 😆

Middle class morality these days is criticising people who richer and have it easier.

If you think about it, probably people who are poorer than us, especially domestic helps who have an inner view of our lives think the same way about us. We have it easier, don’t have to put in that much labor and earn more, simply because of good education. Good education needs 💰 

Anyways, who are we to decide what anyone wants to study.. Also, I do think they learn but it also needs talent. I know about Aryan Khan & Ranbir Kapoor.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Well.... people here do feel excited / disappointed over complete strangers' dressing sense, popularity levels, movie choices, PR games.... even their choice of spouses....so people can keep their opinion over this too. Nothing absurd to ask in a place like this.

What fools these mortals be!😆