Your thoughts on.....Manushi Chillar's debut? - Page 4

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by --Ariana--

are you for real? People can change their minds about career. What is the big deal about it? Maybe medicine is not her calling. 

Plenty of people who studied medicine and then did MBA and got into marketing, so did they waste a seat? 

SSR left DCE to enter Bollywood, did you hate him for wasting his seat too?

Maybe just look where this anger is coming from? Everyone is an adult and people can make their own decisions but this "Indian society" has always a problem with everything.

There are millions of people across the world who change their careers. Even within Bollywood, plenty of people who left their academics for acting, look at Kriti Sanon for example.

Maybe if people start becoming more acceptable about other people's decision then we won't have to hear "Ye mat karna nahi toh chaar log bolenge"

You should get real if you think medical practitioner as just another career when we as a country has a legit shortage of doctors and medical staff!

I look forward to it. I jut wish she didn't have to do it with that uncle Akshay.

Originally posted by pali001

more money more fame and she’s got the look.

I guess all she wanted to establish that she has the academic ability ...unlike others it’s just matter of choice.

It’s the same thing Sara did ... went to Yale but the degree was always for the show but not to make any tangible career from it.

People don’t always get degrees for working. Education is education no matter what.

There are plenty of people who get degrees but never work. Many women who become housewives and many men who just do family business. 

Originally posted by floatyy

which is funny because rich kids can easily get into ivy league, so it's not a huge achievement for a rich kid to get into ivy 🤪

Probably because they take legacy kids in as well. Also, Sara’s family is not just movie star family. They are all well educated..even Amrita Singh is from a very well educated family. 

Stop pretending that a medical seat is more valuable than being a lead actress in top banner movie in bollywood. In India there's a clinic in every lane with a MBBS doctor. Also she can study medicine later too but cant say the same thing for an aspiring actress. 

Originally posted by TrustNo1

Stop pretending that a medical seat is more valuable than being a lead actress in top banner movie in bollywood. In India there's a clinic in every lane with a MBBS doctor. Also she can study medicine later too but cant say the same thing for an aspiring actress. 

I wish there was an eye-roll reaction too 🙄🙄

Originally posted by .Lonewalker.

I wish there was an eye-roll reaction too 🙄🙄

same 😆

Saara is a different case altogether. Both her parents are actors & following in their footsteps doesn't look anything contradictory. I doubt Saara ever talked about being something else than an actress.

However Manushi's whole narration was about how she will follow the footsteps of Reita Faria & will be a doctor & serve the people etc etc. She even promised to start a beauty with a purpose campaign or something like that I guess. Post Miss World she had said she is not interested in movies unless something very very good & inspiring comes along. And here she is, debuting opposite Akshay Kumar, in a movie where Akshay will definitely have everything focused on him & she will probably be just an eye candy. I am surprised this looked so inspiring or good to her that she left a prestigious degree & job opportunity for it. Money matters. But so does Prestige too. Bollywood Stars might have fame, but fame is not equal to prestige. We don't take any of these bollywood actresses seriously & they are trolled mercilessly on sm these days.

Very well put. 👏 

I guess, for an actor or an actress, fame and name achieved by in Bollywood or Hollywood is much more than any other profession. 

Originally posted by Autumn_Rose

People don’t always get degrees for working. Education is education no matter what.

There are plenty of people who get degrees but never work. Many women who become housewives and many men who just do family business. 

But when you get a degree for one field and chose to work in completely different field I don't find any logic.. I can understand most middle class Indians would want to get a degree in engineering or other field for job security but why can't star kids ever study performing arts when this is what they plan to do for rest of their lives? 

Saara is a different case altogether. Both her parents are actors & following in their footsteps doesn't look anything contradictory. I doubt Saara ever talked about being something else than an actress.

However Manushi's whole narration was about how she will follow the footsteps of Reita Faria & will be a doctor & serve the people etc etc. She even promised to start a beauty with a purpose campaign or something like that I guess. Post Miss World she had said she is not interested in movies unless something very very good & inspiring comes along. And here she is, debuting opposite Akshay Kumar, in a movie where Akshay will definitely have everything focused on him & she will probably be just an eye candy. I am surprised this looked so inspiring or good to her that she left a prestigious degree & job opportunity for it. Money matters. But so does Prestige too. Bollywood Stars might have fame, but fame is not equal to prestige. We don't take any of these bollywood actresses seriously & they are trolled mercilessly on sm these days.

She was pretty young when she won the crown.. Now I can understand the competition and crown is considered prestigious as every small and big country participates but tbh I don't see these girls as any better than reality show contestants.. Also I find the competition extremely hypocritical.. They are all dolled up and are asked most basic questions for which they all will come up with most generic answer (I mean you definitely know what public likes to hear) .. So while Manushi might have achieved something every young girl dreams of.. She is still your regular young woman who would at the end want all the glamour and fame which being a doctor won't give you.. Medicine is one tough profession. I would have really appreciated had she stuck to her words and if being a doctor was her true passion then she would have easily overcome the temptation of Bollywood but like I said she is just your regular young woman... I hope she actually has some acting talent or she at least commits to learn.. We rarely have any authentic actors left in this industry... It's a shame honestly.