Your thoughts on.....Manushi Chillar's debut?

Posted: 3 years ago

So she is debuting with Prithviraj Chauhan opposite Akshay Kumar & it seems like she is thrilled about it. 

Quotes from her recent interview --

"Growing up, I remember going to the theatre to watch a movie during Diwali. It was evident to us that one of the biggest films of the year would be released on Diwali and were a community viewing exercise. Today, as my film has been slated as a Diwali release, I can only be grateful that I’m getting this launch by YRF..."

"I have given this debut my all and have worked consistently on myself, for over a year, to deliver this important and beautiful part. So, I’m quite eager for my film to do well and hopefully for people to love it."

Source :- https://www.indiaforums.com/article/manushi-chhillar-has-a-classy-reply-on-comparison-with-deepika-padukone_174029

From her words it seems like being a Bollywood Star was her dream all along. 🤔 Is it just me who is disappointed that she didn't stick to her I-want-to-be-a-doctor.... Reita-Faria-is-my-role-model etc etc speech & changed the tune so drastically?

Somehow these recent ivs make her post Miss World ivs look fake & pretentious.🤔

Edited by .Lonewalker. - 3 years ago

Wasted a medical seat and robbed a deserving one of their opportunity.

Knew she was more inclined towards Bollywood ! Her degree was more important though 🤔

Pehle hi pata tha Bollywood mein aayegi. Was waiting for her fans to be disappointed. Ye sab “main toh alag hoon” ke drame toh regular hain. Sab aise hi bolte hain shuru mein. 

Originally posted by SRK_Deewani92

Knew she was more inclined towards Bollywood ! Her degree was more important though 🤔

more money more fame and she’s got the look.

I guess all she wanted to establish that she has the academic ability ...unlike others it’s just matter of choice.

It’s the same thing Sara did ... went to Yale but the degree was always for the show but not to make any tangible career from it.

She is very pretty, but I don't feel ye chal payegi. 

Edited by Chasm - 3 years ago

Originally posted by MercurialMedusa

Wasted a medical seat and robbed a deserving one of their opportunity.

Well....she earned herself a medical seat by her own merit so I wouldn't say she robbed someone deserving. But yes, she wasted a coveted position which is a dream to many. That..... I don't know... makes her look like a bit unappreciative of the academic opportunity she had got?🤔

It is sad that she gave up her doctor education so easily, when people are ready to go on a limb for that position. But anyway, BW seems appealing, and fame has its attractions. I think a lot of people would make the same decision if they were in her place. 

Sai Pallavi also did the same. She completed her Medicine only to never do anything about it. I guess every person should be allowed to make their own choices at every stage of their lives and not hold themselves back just because they committed to something else early on.

Originally posted by Mishh007

Pehle hi pata tha Bollywood mein aayegi. Was waiting for her fans to be disappointed. Ye sab “main toh alag hoon” ke drame toh regular hain. Sab aise hi bolte hain shuru mein. 

Yeah.... unfortunately I had fallen for her whole Reita Faria idealism, Beauty with a purpose etc etc initiative. And now I am disappointed

I can't believe someone who talked about being a doctor, serving nation & what not jumped in to be a Bollywood Starlet at the first opportunity she got opposite someone like Akshay Kumar 🤦🤦