Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blUeNoSed thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

The first glimpse of her walking backwards was incredible, didn't think it was Alia at all. Great job adopting the body language

chingoobean thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

I like Alia a lot but I am going to have to give Gangubai a pass smiley6 She looks beautiful, but also like a kid playing a dress up here. Terribly miscast. 

This role imo has 'written with Rani in mind' all over it. Incidentally, Rani was the celebrity guest at the book launch of Hussain Zaidi's Mafia Queens of Mumbai on which Gangubai Kathiawadi is based. Oh well. 

FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Alia is a very good actress and you can see it in the teaser that she has nailed the body language and expressions.

However I am simply unable to relate that baby face and childlike voice with the woman she is essaying onscreen. Any older actress like Rani, Vidya etc would have suited the role better.

Justice4Samosa thumbnail

Don't know why people are behind her looking young for the role. The real Gangubai was still a teenager when she was forced into prostitution. She rose into power when she was young, not when she was old. So Alia very well suits the age. 

I think what attracted me the most was that it doesn't look like an SLB film. Looks different and thankfully no dewy eyed horrible acting like his earlier muse. Looking forward to it. Alia seems to have done a good job.

Only thing that bothered me was the graphics in the text. Looks so weird with the constant changing of the fonts and the bindi in gangubai looking like some sci- fi film ka title. ๐Ÿ˜†

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

he is busy in hiding panama papers  ๐Ÿ˜†

DushtKanya thumbnail

Damn she was actually so good! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

M.A.K123 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Is it just me or is she resembling Madhuri in some bits ...

I feel the character is not suiting her ...i feel like someone like Sushmita could have pulled it off better 

LilBitOfAlexis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Her acting seems job .

Where is shantanu ? :(

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I am really pleasantly surprised! Aliaโ€™s acting looks so good! I was worried if alia would be able to pull this off as itโ€™s something she has never done before, but she has really impressed me in this teaser. The teaser is really good aswell 

Edited by zara321 - 3 years ago
Melissaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I never thought she could pulled this off (infact I was one of her biggest detractors when the film was announced) but damn, she has done a good job. It is evident she has worked hard on her voice modulation, accent, expressions and body language. Apart from the baby face (obviously she can't change that) she is good.

How I wish SLB's original choice Priyanka had done the film. She would have nailed it 100 percent.