Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

saralicious1234 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Because she is basically a good person by nature maybe? And she trusts her now husband and best friend for the last 7 years! Takes his word for what he says. And I think thats what a healthy marriage should be - about trusting. Else they would just be Anu and Dev 2.0. Infact if she has not doubted him so far, shows how secure she is in her marriage and relation (not for long though!!!)

It would be nice to see people wanting both women to grow once the reveal happens - Imlie going on to be an independent well educated officer and Malini an emotionally balanced and independent woman! Hope Adilie romance is not the only thing that awaits us.

Infact, the only reason most here want Malini to see the truth is so that Imlie and Aditya ship can sail!

_innocent_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

I have only just started watching this show in bits after coming across a few online videos. So we want him to engage in EMA? Or we want him to have two wives? Like I don’t get what is happening. 

if he has started to have feelings for Imlie, why isn’t he ending it with Malini? Seeing how lmlie is his wife as well? They are going to turn her negative to show Imlie and Adi’s love as divine? Imlie doesn’t want to come in between them yet she cannot help how Adi feels about her. She has no loyality towards Malini. Adi should man up and tell the truth and put an end to his relationship with one of the girls atleast. 

-Sanjana- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: _innocent_

I have only just started watching this show in bits after coming across a few online videos. So we want him to engage in EMA? Or we want him to have two wives? Like I don’t get what is happening. 

if he has started to have feelings for Imlie, why isn’t he ending it with Malini? Seeing how lmlie is his wife as well? They are going to turn her negative to show Imlie and Adi’s love as divine? Imlie doesn’t want to come in between them yet she cannot help how Adi feels about her. She has no loyality towards Malini. Adi should man up and tell the truth and put an end to his relationship with one of the girls atleast. 

I definitely recommend watching the whole show (I recently binged it😆) because I think saying that he is engaging in EMA is a bit of an oversimplification. I have seen bits and pieces of Silsila badalte rishton ka and cannot tell you how furious I was at that show...never even watched one full episode of it because I was so disgusted by the concept. This is a bit different though and easier to digest. Mainly because Aditya and Imlie have been bonded by certain circumstances that were out of their control (trying not to spoil anything for yousmiley36)...neither wanted their marriage to happen. 

And as of now, he is not consciously aware that he is falling in love with Imlie. Neither does Imlie recognize her growing feelings for Adi. Malini definitely does not deserve this, but I also don't feel that Malini and Aditya ever loved each other. They were good friends and that's about it (Aditya waited 7 years to commit to her and has never extended a romantic gesture towards her..his work always came before Malini, even before Imlie was in the picture, etc.) Malini deserves someone who can give her the romantic kind of love that she expects and deserves...and it'll never come from Adi. At this point, his whole marriage with Malini is just a responsibility and nothing more. He tried to tell her the truth about his and Imlie's marriage but she basically fainted and landed herself in the hospital and basically threatened to kill herself when he finally played it off as a joke. He married her cause he thought that if he didn't, she'd try something stupid to end her life. 

As for Imlie...sometimes I feel she is the definition of loyalty smiley36. Everything she has ever done till date has been for the people around her. She loves Malini like an elder sister...and in fact loves Aditya's whole family. She has never tried to take Malini's place in Aditya's life. Aditya and Imlie are married, but that's about it. She doesn't try to push herself onto Aditya in any way (it's a different story that he's inexplicably drawn towards her, but Imlie has never initiated anything). She knows (or at least believes) that Aditya loves Malini and she's happy with that. She performs all the marriage rituals for Aditya but doesn't expect anything from him in return. The choice is really in Aditya's hands, but for some reason, no matter how hard he tries to push himself away from Imlie, he comes closer to her instead. 

pamk06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MusicMuse

Simple.  Because it suits the purpose of the show. 😆 It has to be like that only or else the asli rishta will get bhari over nakli rishta and Imlie will stop being the maid of the house. Then how will the story proceed??

But there is a psychological angle to it. Moon's default mode is that of ignore till you can. It's an adaptive mechanism she has perfected since her childhood to protect her mental sanity from the unhealthy toxic marriage of her parents and their daily fights. She is not just naive ,she has acquired and honed the skill of naivety as a survival tactics. It'd have worked out fine if her marriage was a normal one. But because of the Imlie complication in her married life ,she'll have to pay for that one thing that she clutches onto for her dear life, her desperate attempt to oversimplify life's complexities. 

I agree with everything that you said except for the bold. I think with or without Imlie, she would have to pay for  the thing that she clutches onto her dear life. I say this because being  naive  is fine when you are surviving in a toxic environment but it does not work when you are a part of a relationship especially a relationship that requires constant effort and adaptation based on the situation. Turning a blind eye to problems that are staring in your face was Ok when it was her parents marriage but when it is hers , she really needs to fix all the cracks else they will quickly turn to fissures. Malini’s survival tactic that she is honed is the only thing that is the biggest hindrance in their married life and would be complication that she would have to pay for if she does not open her eyes and sees the issues that she and Aditya have swept under the carpet time  and again.