"That Is Not All, Lallā Jī" (Game: continue the FF)

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Permission for this activity was granted by Armu4eva.

For some reason, I really like Sonali's signature line, "That is not all, Lallā jī." Maybe it's how she doesn't let Gattu have the last word, or how she understands his love life better than he does, or maybe it's her serious expression and thick accent. Anyway, I thought this line would make a good cliffhanger in fan fiction. So, my invitation to everyone is to write such a multi-part story together.

Rules

1. Every chapter must end with Gattu saying, "... That's all!" followed by Sonali saying, "That is not all, Lallā jī. ..." The next chapter must begin by completing Sonali's thought: "That is not all, Lallā jī. ..."

2. After posting a chapter, please wait 24 hours to allow someone else to continue the story. If you want to resolve your own cliffhanger, you may do so after the 24 hours.

3. Participants may indicate their intention to write the next chapter by posting "Reserved - Chapter #." If you reserve a chapter, please edit your post to publish the text of the chapter within two hours. If a chapter is not reserved, anyone may post the next chapter without warning.

4. Each chapter can be as long as the author requires, but please try not to get too far from the refrain of "That is not all, Lallā jī. ..."

5. If anyone wants to comment on an earlier chapter after the next chapter has been posted, to avoid making this topic look disorganized, please switch to commenting in the Fan Fiction section book.

"That Is Not All, Lallā Jī"

Chapter One

"That is not all, Lallā jī. Do you even know how much money Chaudhary Sweets has saved over the past three years, just because I used aluminium varaḳa instead of silver?" Sonali argued. "Do you know how much real silver costs? Moreover, nobody even noticed the difference, except that new chef of yours. What is her name, Lallā jī?"

"Imlie," Agastya replied. "I threw money at her to keep her mouth shut, of course, but Dīdī, your days as Managing Director are over. As soon as I come home from my date tonight, I am going to tell Dādī Ammā everything."

"Your date with whom, Lallā jī?" Sonali inquired.

"Her name is Vishwa Jyoti. She's a friend of Jugnu's. The blind date was Jugnu's idea."

"Does Dādī Ammā know that you go on dates? Does she approve?" Sonali smirked.

"She will approve when I convince Manno Buā to go on a double date someday," Agastya predicted. "Dīdī, everyone's arranged marriage isn't as happy as you and Jījā jī. I'll never be like those disappointed men who go to cheap bars to ogle fallen women. Whomever I marry, I will know exactly what I'm getting. I am going on this date with Vishwa Jyoti, Dīdī. That's all!"

"That is not all, Lallā jī. ..."

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 3 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail

Can we comment on the chapters?

Sure, that would be fun!

If anyone wants to comment on an earlier chapter after the next chapter has been posted, to avoid making this topic look disorganized, please switch to commenting in the Fan Fiction section book:

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/4027

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 3 months ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

Who's continuing?

You could tag your favourite writers!

Otherwise, the algorithm might identify your two-word post as "low-effort" and erase it, delaying your rank promotion and depriving you of a monthly badge.

What did you find funny about Chapter One? I thought the next author could interpret Gattu's blind date in a few ways. Has Gattu been pranked by Jugnu? Does Jugnu misunderstand what Gattu wants, or who Vishwa Jyoti is? Or, is Gattu glossing over the truth for Sonali?

MochaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

You could tag your favourite writers!

Otherwise, the algorithm might identify your two-word post as "low-effort" and erase it, delaying your rank promotion and depriving you of a monthly badge.

What did you find funny about Chapter One? I thought the next author could interpret Gattu's blind date in a few ways. Has Gattu been pranked by Jugnu? Does Jugnu misunderstand what Gattu wants, or who Vishwa Jyoti is? Or, is Gattu glossing over the truth for Sonali?

I don't know any writers who watch the show.

Kaahe ka promotion? Achieverz ke aage kuch hai hi nahi, ill be hapy to get demoted.smiley36