Kyun Utthe Dil Chhod Aaye

I Found Love [AmDheer OS] ft. Vashma

dhun.laagi thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hello folks! Tannu here. Writing my first OS on this forum 😳

The title is from the Amber Run song that I love a lot ~ I Found 🤗

This story is to remind us that love can be found in the simplest of moments if you know how to experience it ❤️

Hope you like it. Would appreciate any criticism and/or feedback 👍🏼

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plot: Vashma has confessed about VashMay to Amrit and they have a mini altercation because Amrit was upset that she cannot confess to Randheer, and on the other hand, her dearest Uday Veerji and soul sister Vashma did not confide in her earlier.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a stupid fight.

It was a stupid fight with stupid words exchanged and stupid things that neither girl could take back.

Now, both girls sat juxtaposed each other in Amrit's colorful bedroom. Vashma placed herself on the bed, stating she would not let the door be tainted with the "stupidity" of the situation.

"Amrit, this is ridiculous."

No response.

"You're acting like a kid. We are 16 years old already. It's time for us to grow up."

Still nothing.

"You can't always be right, Amrit! You are getting to have whatever you want in life. Randheer-

"You think that's what I'm upset about?" gritted Amrit, whipping her head up so fast, that the brunette whips of hair hung messily about her face.

"I-

"You don't get it, do you?"

Vashma frowned.

"You think I don't know that? God, Vashma! I'm the expert of not getting things I want, you know that. This isn't about me not getting things my way, this is about Bauji’s promise over me. Ever since the marriage has been fixed with Kiranbala, it has been all about him and his choice."

Vashma glared, as she clenched her fist in her lap. "You're acting selfish, Amrit Sahani. Randheer proposed to you, he has said he loves you with all his heart. That is so romantic. Why can't you just be happy?"

Silence. Amrit felt her eyes blurring, her head and heart ached.

"I'm going home," Vashma whispered, climbing out the window.

Her leave was welcomed with a huff from Amrit and no request to come back.

It was a week. A full week without going to her house. A full week without them talking. A full week where it seemed like everyone was against Amrit.

Instead, she focused on household tasks and helping her mother and Radha.

Vashma didn't try to talk to her, either. Instead, she spent time hanging out with Uday.

Randheer. Amrit felt her insides want to burst when she thought of him.

As she stood by the door of the house, she watched Bhanu Veerji walk by talking with Randheer. She didn't bother making eye contact with him.

She thought: I'm just the girl with the messed-up life.

"We need to talk."

Amrit glared. "You wouldn't want to be seen talking with me, Randheer."

She turned to walk away, but Randheer grabbed her arm, swinging her back around again.

"Amrit."

"Isn't this what you wanted, Randheer?" she choked. She wasn't going to cry today. Not in front of him.

"You finally got everything you wanted all to yourself. You have made it difficult for me to talk to you without feeling guilty."

He frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"What I'm talking about is the fact that Bauji wants Kiranbala to marry you, and I am expected to compromise and be the good daughter of the house. So that's how it's going to be from now on, I cannot meet you after hearing your proposal, because that is unfair to my Phuphaji and your dad’s promise to each other to get the two of you married since you were babies."

"You're crazy if you think I will give up on you because of a promise that was made in different circumstances. We are older now, and I have made my decision that you are the one for me. And I refuse to let you say stuff like that."

Her eyes were getting very blurry now. She looked up, begging for her eyes not to betray her.

Amrit took a deep breath. "You don't get it, do you?"

"No, I guess I don't," said Randheer, watching her face carefully. He swallowed as he followed the tear travel down her cheek.

"I'm not...I don't deserve happiness. I'm the mess with the messy family, messy everything. Vashma...she's all I had that was close to the 'perfect' I wished I could be."

"Amrit-

"And, okay, fine," more tears spilled down her face as she continued. "Maybe I am jealous, alright? Maybe, I'm angry because everything good that happens to me...everything that I love never lasts. I don't know what I did-

"AMRIT-

"AND OKAY, I should be a better sister. I should be a better niece, better daughter, but I wasn't, I got carried away in getting attracted to you and I gave in to feelings I am not allowed to have. I'm supposed to be a responsible girl now. And now...I just...

She was breaking. She was exposed. Randheer watched as she placed a hand on her forehead and slid back against the kitchen shelves and seating herself on the floor. Worriedly, he knelt beside her. This poor girl, he thought. She's only trying too hard to make things work.

When her breathing regulated, she continued, slowly and very timidly, "I guess this is just part of what I need to do to be a better person. I just-I can't be happy for her all the time. And she and you-she looked up at him, at this point. Brown met black eyes and Randheer swore his breath hitched-you're the chosen one. And...I should've known they would've cared more for you than for me."

He sighed as he continued to watch the girl wipe her eyes on her dupatta. She was late for the pooja.

"Amrit."

Nothing.

"Amrit."

Still nothing.

"Amrit...please. Just look at me."

She closed her eyes briefly, then met his eyes shyly. Her dark lashes framed her brown eyes, slightly red from crying.

What a beautiful girl.

"Amrit...do you know how much I care about you? Do you know what I’d give up just to be with you? Do you know what I can do for this love?"

He saw her eyes widen slightly. She doesn't know.

She blinked twice. Randheer gently placed his arm around her, encasing her in between the locker and the side of his rib cage.

"Randheer," she began, "I...I mean...are we even friends?" Amrit began to build her walls up again. "Would we even be on amicable terms if it weren't for Kiranbala’s rishta?"

He frowned, she noticed his jaw hardening and his stare becoming icy.

"How can you say that? After everything we've been through?"

"Face it. I'm no good for you. You're smart, Uday Veerji is loyal, Vashma is...well, she's adventurous. I'm...

"You're saying I'm only nice to you because I have to, because I live in your house?"

"I-

He was frustrated. "How could you think that? Amrit, c'mon, I...

Randheer forced her to look at him, following her gaze as she shifted her eyes uncomfortably. He also forced himself to not get angry. He felt a vein pop in his neck, a warning sign of an outburst.

"Amrit, I," he continued slowly. "I am you. I'm not perfect, you know that. You're the one who gets me, and I get you. Do you realize how amazing it is to have someone like you who just gets it?"

"I'm sorry that you've felt like you weren't cared about...but Amrit, you have to know that everyone will always care about you. I will always care for you. And you deserve happiness. Out of all of us here, Amrit...you're the one who makes me want to get better at it. You know what Ranjhan says, “Jo ishq ke intehaan se na guzre, wo apne ishq ko inteqam tak nahi pahucha sakte hai. Aag wo bala hai jo bhasm bhi karti hai aur nikhaarti bhi hai, bas haalaton se majboor nahi majboot hona seekh lo. "

She gaped at him. Eyes shining with realisation. His trust and faith in Ranjhan’s words as a guiding light for life. Words written by her as an expression of her independent thoughts.

In that moment, all Randheer could see in front of him was a beautiful, broken, and brave girl.

"I'm sorry, Amrit, if it felt like I am forcing my love on you," he whispered.

The pair continued to sit there for many minutes. Amrit was very late to the pooja now and Randheer refused to unwrap himself around the girl, as he held her more, humming occasionally.

Amrit breathed in and out.

She felt herself slowly feeling...feeling something. But what? She had no idea yet.

All she knew was that someone, someone cared for her as both an individual and writer, other than Vashma, and it seemed he would just as persistently fight for her dreams too. That reminds her, she had not spoken to Vashma for days now. And she began to get up, Randheer snapping out of his daze and following her up. He stared at her, my gosh, how he stared at her.

"I'm going to talk with Vashma and Uday Veerji now. I just found out this week that they are together and I just had a fleeting moment where I saw our future as AmDheer. Never mind that, I want to be happy that my sensible Veerji has gotten such a golden-hearted girl in his life. I have always secretly wanted Vashma to stay with me forever and Uday Veerji truly cannot do better than her."

"Ohhh..okay," said Amrit. He stared at her. So intently, Amrit had wondered why she'd never seen that look on his face before.

"I-

"I immensely care about you and will continue to love you no matter what happens, Amrit. I see my Ranjhan in you, and no Kiranbala can ever be that for me. Please give me one chance and I’ll fight for us to never fall apart due to circumstances," he said quickly, desperately. As if those were his last words.

"I know, Randheer. I know that now..but I need some time to figure this out...thank you."

The sunset streaked through the windows close to Amrit. Randheer saw her freckles even more now, in the orange tint of the sky's illumination. He saw her brown eyes turn into flecks of translucent light almost. Her hair was a mess, but it was her hair and it was Amrit in the truest form.

After he walked her the room and after he reminded her once more and after he took a shower, brushed his teeth, and went to bed without doing any of his Ullu Laal work, he laid there wondering what the hell he was feeling that afternoon as the sun framed her in something special.

He looked at the payal in his hand and felt himself slowly feeling like something was going to come together and simultaneously fall apart...but what? He had no idea yet.

Edited by nautankitadka - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

StarryNight55 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Tannu 🤗

I’m so happy that you wrote an OS on AmDheer. I love  your posts in DTs and the way you express your thoughts and theories 

Coming to the OS it was great, you have shown the inner turmoil and feelings of both AmDheer and how much Vashma means to Amrit really well👍🏼

Hope you write many more One shots in the forum for both couples 

A_for_Arpita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I always wanted you to write something and FINALLY it's here  I can't put into words how happy I am right now, you know what? I pressed the like button before and after that I started reading 😉 because I knew how beautifully you can pen down their emotions... ❤️

The dilemma of Amrit you have expressed Beautifully and at the same time complete Justice given to Randheer and his feelings.... After today's episode THIS OS is what we needed.. Thank you for this and thank you for being Randheer's voice and bringing a little bit sense to Amrit.. and obviously Amrit is incomplete without Vashma Baig so her reference makes it just perfect 👌 

Edited by A_for_Arpita - 3 years ago
Krish58 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: nautankitadka

Hello folks! Tannu here. Writing my first OS on this forum 😳

The title is from the Amber Run song that I love a lot ~ I Found 🤗

This story is to remind us that love can be found in the simplest of moments if you know how to experience it ❤️

Hope you like it. Would appreciate any criticism and/or feedback 👍🏼

Plot: Vashma has confessed about VashMay to Amrit and they have a mini altercation because Amrit was upset that she cannot confess to Randheer, and on the other hand, her dearest Uday Veerji and soul sister Vashma did not confide in her earlier.

It was a stupid fight.

It was a stupid fight with stupid words exchanged and stupid things that neither girl could take back.

Now, both girls sat juxtaposed each other in Amrit's colorful bedroom. Vashma placed herself on the bed, stating she would not let the door be tainted with the "stupidity" of the situation.

"Amrit, this is ridiculous."

No response.

"You're acting like a kid. We are 16 years old already. It's time for us to grow up."

Still nothing.

"You can't always be right, Amrit! You are getting to have whatever you want in life. Randheer-

"You think that's what I'm upset about?" gritted Amrit, whipping her head up so fast, that the brunette whips of hair hung messily about her face.

"I-

"You don't get it, do you?"

Vashma frowned.

"You think I don't know that? God, Vashma! I'm the expert of not getting things I want, you know that. This isn't about me not getting things my way, this is about Bauji’s promise over me. Ever since the marriage has been fixed with Kiranbala, it has been all about him and his choice."

Vashma glared, as she clenched her fist in her lap. "You're acting selfish, Amrit Sahani. Randheer proposed to you, he has said he loves you with all his heart. That is so romantic. Why can't you just be happy?"

Silence. Amrit felt her eyes blurring, her head and heart ached.

"I'm going home," Vashma whispered, climbing out the window.

Her leave was welcomed with a huff from Amrit and no request to come back.

It was a week. A full week without going to her house. A full week without them talking. A full week where it seemed like everyone was against Amrit.

Instead, she focused on household tasks and helping her mother and Radha.

Vashma didn't try to talk to her, either. Instead, she spent time hanging out with Uday.

Randheer. Amrit felt her insides want to burst when she thought of him.

As she stood by the door of the house, she watched Bhanu Veerji walk by talking with Randheer. She didn't bother making eye contact with him.

She thought: I'm just the girl with the messed-up life.

"We need to talk."

Amrit glared. "You wouldn't want to be seen talking with me, Randheer."

She turned to walk away, but Randheer grabbed her arm, swinging her back around again.

"Amrit."

"Isn't this what you wanted, Randheer?" she choked. She wasn't going to cry today. Not in front of him.

"You finally got everything you wanted all to yourself. You have made it difficult for me to talk to you without feeling guilty."

He frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"What I'm talking about is the fact that Bauji wants Kiranbala to marry you, and I am expected to compromise and be the good daughter of the house. So that's how it's going to be from now on, I cannot meet you after hearing your proposal, because that is unfair to my Phuphaji and your dad’s promise to each other to get the two of you married since you were babies."

"You're crazy if you think I will give up on you because of a promise that was made in different circumstances. We are older now, and I have made my decision that you are the one for me. And I refuse to let you say stuff like that."

Her eyes were getting very blurry now. She looked up, begging for her eyes not to betray her.

Amrit took a deep breath. "You don't get it, do you?"

"No, I guess I don't," said Randheer, watching her face carefully. He swallowed as he followed the tear travel down her cheek.

"I'm not...I don't deserve happiness. I'm the mess with the messy family, messy everything. Vashma...she's all I had that was close to the 'perfect' I wished I could be."

"Amrit-

"And, okay, fine," more tears spilled down her face as she continued. "Maybe I am jealous, alright? Maybe, I'm angry because everything good that happens to me...everything that I love never lasts. I don't know what I did-

"AMRIT-

"AND OKAY, I should be a better sister. I should be a better niece, better daughter, but I wasn't, I got carried away in getting attracted to you and I gave in to feelings I am not allowed to have. I'm supposed to be a responsible girl now. And now...I just...

She was breaking. She was exposed. Randheer watched as she placed a hand on her forehead and slid back against the kitchen shelves and seating herself on the floor. Worriedly, he knelt beside her. This poor girl, he thought. She's only trying too hard to make things work.

When her breathing regulated, she continued, slowly and very timidly, "I guess this is just part of what I need to do to be a better person. I just-I can't be happy for her all the time. And she and you-she looked up at him, at this point. Brown met black eyes and Randheer swore his breath hitched-you're the chosen one. And...I should've known they would've cared more for you than for me."

He sighed as he continued to watch the girl wipe her eyes on her dupatta. She was late for the pooja.

"Amrit."

Nothing.

"Amrit."

Still nothing.

"Amrit...please. Just look at me."

She closed her eyes briefly, then met his eyes shyly. Her dark lashes framed her brown eyes, slightly red from crying.

What a beautiful girl.

"Amrit...do you know how much I care about you? Do you know what I’d give up just to be with you? Do you know what I can do for this love?"

He saw her eyes widen slightly. She doesn't know.

She blinked twice. Randheer gently placed his arm around her, encasing her in between the locker and the side of his rib cage.

"Randheer," she began, "I...I mean...are we even friends?" Amrit began to build her walls up again. "Would we even be on amicable terms if it weren't for Kiranbala’s rishta?"

He frowned, she noticed his jaw hardening and his stare becoming icy.

"How can you say that? After everything we've been through?"

"Face it. I'm no good for you. You're smart, Uday Veerji is loyal, Vashma is...well, she's adventurous. I'm...

"You're saying I'm only nice to you because I have to, because I live in your house?"

"I-

He was frustrated. "How could you think that? Amrit, c'mon, I...

Randheer forced her to look at him, following her gaze as she shifted her eyes uncomfortably. He also forced himself to not get angry. He felt a vein pop in his neck, a warning sign of an outburst.

"Amrit, I," he continued slowly. "I am you. I'm not perfect, you know that. You're the one who gets me, and I get you. Do you realize how amazing it is to have someone like you who just gets it?"

"I'm sorry that you've felt like you weren't cared about...but Amrit, you have to know that everyone will always care about you. I will always care for you. And you deserve happiness. Out of all of us here, Amrit...you're the one who makes me want to get better at it. You know what Ranjhan says, “Jo ishq ke intehaan se na guzre, wo apne ishq ko inteqam tak nahi pahucha sakte hai. Aag wo bala hai jo bhasm bhi karti hai aur nikhaarti bhi hai, bas haalaton se majboor nahi majboot hona seekh lo. "

She gaped at him. Eyes shining with realisation. His trust and faith in Ranjhan’s words as a guiding light for life. Words written by her as an expression of her independent thoughts.

In that moment, all Randheer could see in front of him was a beautiful, broken, and brave girl.

"I'm sorry, Amrit, if it felt like I am forcing my love on you," he whispered.

The pair continued to sit there for many minutes. Amrit was very late to the pooja now and Randheer refused to unwrap himself around the girl, as he held her more, humming occasionally.

Amrit breathed in and out.

She felt herself slowly feeling...feeling something. But what? She had no idea yet.

All she knew was that someone, someone cared for her as both an individual and writer, other than Vashma, and it seemed he would just as persistently fight for her dreams too. That reminds her, she had not spoken to Vashma for days now. And she began to get up, Randheer snapping out of his daze and following her up. He stared at her, my gosh, how he stared at her.

"I'm going to talk with Vashma and Uday Veerji now. I just found out this week that they are together and I just had a fleeting moment where I saw our future as AmDheer. Never mind that, I want to be happy that my sensible Veerji has gotten such a golden-hearted girl in his life. I have always secretly wanted Vashma to stay with me forever and Uday Veerji truly cannot do better than her."

"Ohhh..okay," said Amrit. He stared at her. So intently, Amrit had wondered why she'd never seen that look on his face before.

"I-

"I immensely care about you and will continue to love you no matter what happens, Amrit. I see my Ranjhan in you, and no Kiranbala can ever be that for me. Please give me one chance and I’ll fight for us to never fall apart due to circumstances," he said quickly, desperately. As if those were his last words.

"I know, Randheer. I know that now..but I need some time to figure this out...thank you."

The sunset streaked through the windows close to Amrit. Randheer saw her freckles even more now, in the orange tint of the sky's illumination. He saw her brown eyes turn into flecks of translucent light almost. Her hair was a mess, but it was her hair and it was Amrit in the truest form.

After he walked her the room and after he reminded her once more and after he took a shower, brushed his teeth, and went to bed without doing any of his Ullu Laal work, he laid there wondering what the hell he was feeling that afternoon as the sun framed her in something special.

He looked at the payal in his hand and felt himself slowly feeling like something was going to come together and simultaneously fall apart...but what? He had no idea yet.

Oh dear it's beautiful

Vais1navi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Finally!!! Finally!!! Oh god!! This is amazing!!! Loved it!! Just loved it!!! 

dhun.laagi thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Rainbow99

Tannu 🤗

I’m so happy that you wrote an OS on AmDheer. I love  your posts in DTs and the way you express your thoughts and theories 

Coming to the OS it was great, you have shown the inner turmoil and feelings of both AmDheer and how much Vashma means to Amrit really well👍🏼

Hope you write many more One shots in the forum for both couples 

Thank You 🤗

dhun.laagi thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: A_for_Arpita

I always wanted you to write something and FINALLY it's here  I can't put into words how happy I am right now, you know what? I pressed the like button before and after that I started reading 😉 because I knew how beautifully you can pen down their emotions... ❤️

The dilemma of Amrit you have expressed Beautifully and at the same time complete Justice given to Randheer and his feelings.... After today's episode THIS OS is what we needed.. Thank you for this and thank you for being Randheer's voice and bringing a little bit sense to Amrit.. and obviously Amrit is incomplete without Vashma Baig so her reference makes it just perfect 👌 

Thank You 🤗

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Thank You 🤗

dhun.laagi thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Vais1navi

Finally!!! Finally!!! Oh god!! This is amazing!!! Loved it!! Just loved it!!! 

Thank You 🤗

girlTalks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Tannu .. you are such a good writer.👏

Loved the OS❤️