Fan Fictions

║Play the Cupid- A One Shot Writing Contest║Round 2 PMs Sent (pg7/8)

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

They say you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time. So you can be Ron and fall for Hermoine when she yells at you, or be Eleven and fall for Mike when he explains what a Snow Ball means.

But what if, Jack from Titanic falls in love with Twilight's Bella, or Kartik from Shubh Mangal Zyaada Savdhaan falls in love with Kota Factory's Jeetu Bhaiya?

It's Valentine month, the month of romance, so let's go creative with our imaginations and write an India Forums' What If...? series, that may not compete with Marvel's What If...? series, but can help Steve find someone who is not a superhero from the MCU.

Without making this more dramatic (and less dreamy) let us come to the point. 

We are in February, the month of love, and the year is 2021, the year of new beginnings (fingers crossed). And this is the "Play the Cupid" contest!

So, this contest gives you a chance to become Akshay Kumar from Ajnabee and switch partners (you can't kill someone though!)

Participants have to write a One-Shot about two characters from different movies/books/shows falling in love and hoping for new beginnings. But there is a catch, you will be paired with another dreamy-eyed writer, and the two of you will write the story as a team, in bits and pieces. Just that, you will not know who your partner is (a blind date gone wrong, if you may) For more details, scroll down!

- If you are interested in taking part in this contest, you need to sign up by posting here.

- It is compulsory to follow FFEditors account in new FF section.

- Participants will be paired to complete this contest. But that pairing will be a secret. You will not be informed who is your partner until the contest's end. 

-In Round 1, one member of the team will submit the first part of the OS, that will be forwarded to the other member, who will continue and submit the second part of the OS, for Round 2.

- The contest's theme is, obviously, romance. Sub-theme is "New Beginning".

- Total word count of the OS should to be 2000 (+/- 100 words); out of which the first member will write 1000 words and the rest shall be completed by the other team member.

- The story can be M/F, M/M, F/F, which means there is no restriction of gender in the pairing. Try to be creative and different. 

-It is compulsory to have a new pair. You cannot pair Grey with Ana or Jack with Rose. You cannot pair characters from the same universe.

- You cannot change the characterization of the characters listed below. They have to remain true to what they are. For example, Robin cannot be a vampire or Edward cannot be a human. Hermoine has to be a Wizard or Clark Kent has to be an alien.

- IF COC needs to be followed all times. Explicit content in the story is not acceptable.

- The story has to be your creation.

-The last date of sign up is 29th January 2020, 23.59 IST

- Send your entries to FFEditors. The last date of submission of the first part of the story will be 5 February 23:59 IST and the last date of the second submission would be 13 February 23:59 IST.

- The contest will be judged by Beta Readers of India Forums.

- There will be three sets of awards, Round one winner, Round two winner and Best Fiction. Not only that, the best fiction will be featured as IF Featured Fiction in the New FanFiction Section.

-For the character list, see the next post. Choose your characters from these iconic ones. We are providing a small character sketch for each character, but you can always contact us if you have any doubts.

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

1.Belle (Beauty and the Beast/Disney)

Character sketch: Belle has gained a significant amount of intelligence over the years due to her love of books, providing her with an amazing vocabulary, active imagination, and an open mind. She is very confident and outspoken in her opinions, and seldom likes being told what to do. Despite all this, she does not have many friends due to her being a smart person and free thinker.

More information: here 

2.Hermoine Granger (Harry Potter)

Character sketch: Hermione Jean Granger is an English Muggle-born witch. At the age of eleven, she learned about her magical nature and was accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She was sorted into Gryffindor House. She possesses a brilliant academic mind and proved to be a gifted student in almost every subject that she studied.

3.Elsa (Frozen/Disney)

Character sketch: Queen Elsa (also known as The Snow Queen) can create and manipulate ice and snow. She is calm and composed. Though her words and actions seem almost cold and calculating, she takes great care to never reveal her emotions. To some, she appears very detached and even unsociable, though, in truth, she is still very much capable of acting playfully.

4.Riddhima (Ishq Mein Marjaawa 2)

Character sketch: Riddhima is an orphan. She is a physiotherapist by profession but has also done an event management course, she has done some work in that field. She is manipulated into spying on and marrying Vansh Raisinghnia. Once she falls in love, she goes all in. 

(Credits: Gurleen)

5.Robin Buckley (Stranger Things Season3)

Character sketch: Robin Buckley worked at Scoops Ahoy located in the Starcourt Mall alongside Steve Harrington. Robin is somewhat sassy and sarcastic towards Steve. She is smart and is fluent in four languages. She hasn't revealed her sexuality to anyone but Steve, who becomes her best friend and later works at a video rental store with him.

6.Beast (Beauty and the Beast/Disney)

Character sketch: A prince by birth, he was cursed by a mysterious Enchantress as punishment for his selfish and cruel nature. Only by loving another and earning their love in return can the Beast free himself and those affected by the spell before time runs out.

7.Edward Cullen (Twilight)

Character sketch: Edward Cullen (born Edward Anthony Masen, Jr., on June 20, 1901, in Chicago, Illinois) is a telepathic vampire and a founding member of the Olympic coven. Edward is usually described as brooding and stubborn, but also very kind and compassionate. He is also a bit of a romantic at heart and often over analyzes situations and has a tendency to overreact.

8.Kartik Singh (Shubh Mangal Zyaada Savdhaan)

Character sketch: Kartik Singh is from Delhi and works at a mall as a salesman. He is out-going, fun and doesn't shy away from his sexuality. He is over dramatic and a Bollywood junkie. He can go to any lengths for the people he loves. 

9.Shiv (Ek Deewana Tha)

Character sketch: Shiv was a poet and an aspiring musician who was in love with Sharanya but was killed by Vyom. His spirit protected Sharanya before his last rites were performed. He was a calm and composed person by nature.

(Credits: Mahi and Darshi)

10.Superman/Clark Joseph Kent (DC Extended Universe)

Character sketch: Clark Joseph Kent, born with the Kryptonian name Kal-El, is a super powerful and nigh-indestructible alien, and superhero of the House of El, one of the few survivors of the destruction of Krypton, and an investigative reporter of the Daily Planet. Superman is exceptionally kind-hearted, possessing a strong sense of justice, honour, empathy, honesty, patriotism, and innate selfless benevolence.

Credits:

Write-up: Koeli and Shibani

Graphics: Nabila

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

SIGN-UPs

beingaditij

ShiriFictionPen

WildestDreams

moonglade

ItsJustHrideyy 

Sudharies

Potterhead_05

melodyofflowers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Edited by beingaditij - 3 years ago
ssttuuttii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Wonderful concept and the thread is so well written 😳.

I've a doubt. Only these 10 characters can be mix and matched or they can paired with others too? That is, having one character from the list and other from outside?

WildestDreams thumbnail

So, this contest gives you a chance to become Akshay Kumar from Ajnabee and switch partners (you can't kill someone though! 

🤣🤣🤣 So not a bloody Valentine!😆

I am in!

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: ssttuuttii

Wonderful concept and the thread is so well written 😳.

I've a doubt. Only these 10 characters can be mix and matched or they can paired with others too? That is, having one character from the list and other from outside?

you can only write about the characters in the list, i.e.One of the characters from the list can be paired with another from the remaining nine, and no one outside the list😊

BlurredLines thumbnail

Dont Tempt me 🤣. But on the important note , such an interesting contest 👍🏼 and the write up were really tempting to make me sign up but for now I am trying remind myself don't sign up 😆. 

ExoticDisaster thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: BlurredLines

Dont Tempt me 🤣. But on the important note , such an interesting contest 👍🏼 and the write up were really tempting to make me sign up but for now I am trying remind myself don't sign up 😆. 

BlurredLines thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: ShiriFictionPen

Why Shri, You should be scared if I got paired up with you 😆. I really don't want to bring Anyone down and especially talented writers like you 🤗. Let see , i am still tempted 😆