Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: pratts

Such valid points and such a good discussion.  I too agree with the children part.  My only complaint with OTT is the bad language.  Almost every series is filled with cuss words and as someone who does not cuss at all and does not like to listen to swear words, it is just too much for me and have to give up watching them because of the language.  The only exception I made is Paatal Lok, it was too much but I did bear with it for the sake for content but have avoided GOW and others because of cuss language

I agree cuss language,sexual abusive these makes me leaves web show...they need to control it

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I agree with Barun. The OTT now days feels like extended versions of crime shows. Most of the crime shows are mostly adult content with scenes depicting rape, murder and violence. Such shows with graphic scenes are telecasted at night.

Keerthi.02 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Illegal downloading is a different topic. Illegal downloaders can download irresponsible stuff from anywhere in the world even if content makers create only 'responsible' stuff whatever that means. We can't expect entire world to make and watch only PG-13 stuff. If not Indian content, such people would download in any other language or nationalities with different rules. They don't need language for such films.

We have censorship in our movies and tv. Let us not encourage censorship in OTT content. Doing so would only drive more and more illegal downloads.

Keerthi.02 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pratts

Such valid points and such a good discussion.  I too agree with the children part.  My only complaint with OTT is the bad language.  Almost every series is filled with cuss words and as someone who does not cuss at all and does not like to listen to swear words, it is just too much for me and have to give up watching them because of the language.  The only exception I made is Paatal Lok, it was too much but I did bear with it for the sake for content but have avoided GOW and others because of cuss language

Agree to this. The cuss words are definitely a dampener. Hope OTT ventures into different genres other than the dark crime shows. All these dark criminal shows seem same as gangs of Wasseypur. After few days of watching the show can't differentiate between one series to other.

Ruhi.007 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: diasingh2

Btw I never said children are not NOT the responsibility of the parents/legal guardian.

"Tumhare bacche hain, tum jaano. Tumhe nahi pasand. mat dekho".

Because of this mentality, the makers will keep churning out junk and hope these "awoke" parents/guardians are able to track every activity their kid is doing at home/school/after school etc etc

Regarding children without homes/parents/residence.

News flash!  Illegal downloading still happens in India. smiley36Naive of you to think illegal mobile trafficking doesn't not exist OR street children are unaware of "mobiles" and "films" and "television".😵 (don't nitpick here...these webseries are also just "films" for them)

@bold
That's also quite fitting to people who want to stay in the country, crib about what's wrong in our country but still do not want to take any social responsibility from their side.😵

My original reply wasn't even just about children. I also talked about a certain section of the audience who may not be social aware yet, and might be completely missing the point of these dark, gruesome shows .....that us privileged class people love to watch from the comfort of our homes..🥱

The makers don't want to take any responsibility. Fine who is forcing them.🥱
I am just expressing my opinion. I suddenly wouldn't start believing that films/OTT/tv do not have any impact on kids. (supervised or not) I have seen it happening with my own eyes.

Someone had already mentioned about illegal downloading. How should the whole content in the whole wide world become 'responsible'.

This statement about others is into very grey area. Who are these socially unaware section who should be restricted from watching content like children. We as society should not moral police the content. We should not categorise people as socially uneducated and 'guardian' fully functioning adults on what content to watch.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: diasingh2

Btw I never said children are not NOT the responsibility of the parents/legal guardian.

"Tumhare bacche hain, tum jaano. Tumhe nahi pasand. mat dekho".

Because of this mentality, the makers will keep churning out junk and hope these "awoke" parents/guardians are able to track every activity their kid is doing at home/school/after school etc etc

Regarding children without homes/parents/residence.

News flash!  Illegal downloading still happens in India. smiley36Naive of you to think illegal mobile trafficking doesn't not exist OR street children are unaware of "mobiles" and "films" and "television".😵 (don't nitpick here...these webseries are also just "films" for them)

@bold
That's also quite fitting to people who want to stay in the country, crib about what's wrong in our country but still do not want to take any social responsibility from their side.😵

My original reply wasn't even just about children. I also talked about a certain section of the audience who may not be social aware yet, and might be completely missing the point of these dark, gruesome shows .....that us privileged class people love to watch from the comfort of our homes..🥱

The makers don't want to take any responsibility. Fine who is forcing them.🥱
I am just expressing my opinion. I suddenly wouldn't start believing that films/OTT/tv do not have any impact on kids. (supervised or not) I have seen it happening with my own eyes.

GRITTY CONTENT (AS BS CALLED IT, TOXIC)

Dear God! You're seriously justifying deciding what adults can watch depending on who you deem socially unaware?

Re: children. No, OTT is not some essential thing now like TV or internet where parents cannot avoid having children watch. They don't have to subscribe. If they do, there are actually things called passwords. It is always going to parents' responsibility to watch what children do, not their neighbor's, not society’s. 

Illegal downloads happen no matter what. So your solution is to censor worldwide content? Who decides what the rest are to watch?

THE WORD "TOXIC."

This is really unacceptable. While regular TV and movies which children ARE allowed to watch show extremely regressive values, OTTs do not glorify or justify the bad behavior. 

A Kabir Singh is toxic because it glorifies what the hero did. Gangs of Wasseypur or Sacred Games is not because no one comes away from it thinking the attitude is fine and dandy.

I do think BS meant diverse fare, which I agree with. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Kid friendly content and adult content cannot exist on the same website. The subscription TV like Amazon and Netflix should create a completely separate domain for kid friendly content. They should help parents to protect the children from seeing content not appropriate for their age and not take the stupid stance of "Your children your responsibility".

Edited by surajhere - 3 years ago
trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

There are a lot of genres which remain unexplored in the Indian OTT sphere. TBH when GOW came, it became cult not only because it was well made but also because it was different. Similarly when Indian content started streaming on OTT platforms, Sacred Games n Mirzapur were different than what was already being served. But now, it's like there's a race between every other series, who can cuss more, who can show more brutal murders or sexual assaults, which series can show more blood and gore.

There are too many genres which have been neglected: historical, horror(not the Ekta kapoor chaap), rom-com, breezy comedy. Agar shows hain b toh their ratio to the crime dramas in like 1:10. Trying out new genres might actually help these makers in delivering something new with a cult following instead of becoming just one of many. Like Permanent Roommates did.

Also, more variety will hopefully lead to better content for us viewers. Coz Netflix pe indian content ka haal toh😆

Edited by trouble_006 - 3 years ago
Ilahi thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Agree with him that OTTs should start exploring other genres. Right now Indian OTT space is filled with same crime thrillers everywhere and pretty much every crime series has same template.