Users

Frequent Posters

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

No one become a superstar . He is made one by the audience 

Originally posted by: rkisnothot

I can't stand Salman off-screen and I don't think he has any talent or even looks now.

But he has screen presence and charisma. You can't force people to like you or else Amitabh would have made sure to make it happen for Abhishek. Salman has something undefinable that makes people want to watch him.

Even in terms of filmography, would BW be the same without films like Hum Aapke Hain Kaun or Dabang? I don't personally even like those movies but they are important in the industry.

True, but he is made into a super star by massy audience of India, same like Mithun in the 80s. Else where he would flop miserably 

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Nice reverse psychology TM.

Anika80 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jeetuji

what is making him popular? care to answer, he has nothing but his looks

Now look at Amitabh Bachaan, He had the looks, acting power and on the screen presence, Just yesterday I saw Sholay again and Shakti, this guy was amazing in everything. He deserves to be Superstar. He could act in comedy, drama, romance, thriller etc... whatever you give him, he was and is superb in it.

Can you say the same thing for Salman Khan?

ah please director like SS rajamouli said for him hes the best actor between khans and russo the avenger director said he's a magnetic good actor he had seen him in dabangg. He s magnetic charismatic on screen recently maybe he's a bit lazy but he was decent or good in different genre and films and in karan arjun he stole the show more than srk he could do masala action comedy and romantic quite well in particular some years ago and he connect and connected with people people loves him

Edited by Anika80 - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

If he doesnt deserve it who does ?

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

No salman neither has acting ability nor good script choice nor great looking nor dancing etc except few here there after 2000s 

thanks to big grade centers hes super star 

even SRK is not fit to be a super star thanks to dharma, yash raj and his 2-3 negative roles he became 

the othes like AB, dilip Kumar, dhamendra, Rajesh khanna can be called super star because they acted both in commercial and art movies and became hit in both and for long 20-30 years

means meaningful cinema and commercial potboliers too 

and their movies seen even 50 years later by gens not born when they were at peak 

i doubt anyone want to want that KKHH, DDLJ, dabang after 50 years except songs  

SRK himself admitted majority of my success is thanks to songs in my movies - at last he admitted truth music had big role in sucess of 90s and early 2000s movies hahk, ddlj, kkhh etc all thanks to songs became super hit otherwise story is crap cannot watch again and again same old stories 

Salman after 2004-5 do not have good songs also to listen to in his movies all crap songs

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: jeetuji

what is making him popular? care to answer, he has nothing but his looks

Now look at Amitabh Bachaan, He had the looks, acting power and on the screen presence, Just yesterday I saw Sholay again and Shakti, this guy was amazing in everything. He deserves to be Superstar. He could act in comedy, drama, romance, thriller etc... whatever you give him, he was and is superb in it.

Can you say the same thing for Salman Khan?

i know all previous super stars except SRk and salman had it acting chops in all spheres mostly one or two were lesser but ok majority they could do like dilip kumar less in action or dhamendra less in emotional scenes ab less in art movies rajesh khanna less in action but ok overall every field 

Like dilip kumar can do comedy can do tragedy can do emotional can even do action, romance or historical 

But salman not good at anything hes success thanks to his co stars like madhuri, sunny deol, sanjay dutt, priety, rani etc they own movies in which hes there with their charisma and acting skills and of course music and direction 

CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Superstar status has nothing to do with talent, look, height, weight, personal life etc. It's simply business at box office. That what made him super star. 

Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

If not Salman then who? 
Superstar has nothing to do with being a good actor he has a crazy fan following which some of even the other khans can dream of 

Edited by Eboza - 3 years ago