Bani’s Fashion Choices are Distracting

BlackWitch thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I used to love her sartorial choices until the first month or so of her marriage to Veer. But somehow I feel the creatives are going overboard with the fashion choices of Bani now with weird frilly sarees and OTT dresses. I am finding it hard to connect with Surbhi when her character Bani dresses so out of place in the household setting. I can understand wearing fashionable pieces but when it starts to resemble runway party wear with sindoor and mangalsutra, it just makes me cringe.

I also find it weird when she is decked to the nines in such an ensemble and heavy makeup, and then Veer or someone else in the family tells her to “get ready” for the party. Matlab aur kitna sajegi? 😑

I remember feeling such a disconnect during Ishqbaaz days as well when everyone would be dressed in some kind of a fashion ensemble. All would be matching each other in some way. Aisa lagta tha seedhe runway se ghar mein ghuse hain. I find that so odd.

Dont know if anyone else feels the same way but ab raha nahi gaya mujhse and I had to point it out.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

J2lover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I agree! Though, I lowkey love her saarees❤️ and the blouse designs, if we talk about place and outfit its a misfit many a times!😆

I have seen ITV heroines all decked up to the T while sleeping since tulsi parvati days😆 but bani is rather dressed sexy most of the times! Also, none of her outfits are EVER REPEATED! Usually, ITV repeats clothes for the heroines, but in bani's case every day its a new saaree with a more and more thinner blouses😆

I found it funny when right after SR, bani is with meera crying for veer, but her saaree was perfectttt🤣

I was like, girl, when did you find time for this?😆 So yeah at times, she looks overtly sexy for a ITV bahu!😆

I wonder if all naagins before this were dressed so boldly!

BlackWitch thumbnail

Haha. As far as I remember, all the Naagins were dressed sexy but their clothes weren’t as runway ready as Bani’s. Shivanya was incredibly sexy, draped in simple sarees. Similar case with Bela. All chiffon sarees as far as I remember. Don’t remember much about Nia Sharma’s clothes. 

This is why I find the fashion choices a bit OTT for Bani. Sexy sarees are great. But what’s with the frilly monstrosities and the other weird pairings? They look suitable on the runway but bahot ajeeb lagta hai otherwise.

Originally posted by: J2lover

I agree! Though, I lowkey love her saarees❤️ and the blouse designs, if we talk about place and outfit its a misfit many a times!😆

I have seen ITV heroines all decked up to the T while sleeping since tulsi parvati days😆 but bani is rather dressed sexy most of the times! Also, none of her outfits are EVER REPEATED! Usually, ITV repeats clothes for the heroines, but in bani's case every day its a new saaree with a more and more thinner blouses😆

I found it funny when right after SR, bani is with meera crying for veer, but her saaree was perfectttt🤣

I was like, girl, when did you find time for this?😆 So yeah at times, she looks overtly sexy for a ITV bahu!😆

I wonder if all naagins before this were dressed so boldly!

RaniZelda thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Haha, yeah, recently they've gone a bit overboard with the blouses in particular IMO. Nice sarees, but they don't match with the situations. In a moment of peril where she's fighting gunde her pallu's falling all over the place 😕

I loved her initial sarees more too - the purple one right after the marriage, the yellow ones, even that pink one the day after the wedding, which had a fully covered blouse but looked incredibly sexy. They felt like real clothes a real woman would wear at home on a "normal" day. 

I feel like they saw her outfits were getting a good reaction from the audience so decided to keep trying to top the last look. Now sometimes I feel like they need to rein it back in. I have no issues with her sarees being uber sexy, she looks good in them, but some of them are so impractical for the situations she's in 😆 they should at least match the saree to the situation. 

Edit: though I will say that for me, these looks are a WILD improvement on her Ishqbaaaz wardrobe. Aside from a few occasions, her look on that show was horrendous (as was everyone else's), thanks to the weird "creativity" of their stylist  I'd much rather have Bani's uber sexy sarees than some of the rubbish Anika was made to wear, any day 😵😆

Edited by RaniZelda - 3 years ago
J2lover thumbnail

Originally posted by: gurl-enchanted

Haha. As far as I remember, all the Naagins were dressed sexy but their clothes weren’t as runway ready as Bani’s. Shivanya was incredibly sexy, draped in simple sarees. Similar case with Bela. All chiffon sarees as far as I remember. Don’t remember much about Nia Sharma’s clothes. 

This is why I find the fashion choices a bit OTT for Bani. Sexy sarees are great. But what’s with the frilly monstrosities and the other weird pairings? They look suitable on the runway but bahot ajeeb lagta hai otherwise.

Hehe! I understand! Its like, she always walking for a lakme fashion week!🤣

J2lover thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniZelda

Haha, yeah, recently they've gone a bit overboard with the blouses in particular IMO. Nice sarees, but they don't match with the situations. In a moment of peril where she's fighting gunde her pallu's falling all over the place 😕

I loved her initial sarees more too - the purple one right after the marriage, the yellow ones, even that pink one the day after the wedding, which had a fully covered blouse but looked incredibly sexy. They felt like real clothes a real woman would wear at home on a "normal" day. 

I feel like they saw her outfits were getting a good reaction from the audience so decided to keep trying to top the last look. Now sometimes I feel like they need to rein it back in. I have no issues with her sarees being uber sexy, she looks good in them, but some of them are so impractical for the situations she's in 😆 they should at least match the saree to the situation. 

Edit: though I will say that for me, these looks are a WILD improvement on her Ishqbaaaz wardrobe. Aside from a few occasions, her look on that show was horrendous (as was everyone else's), thanks to the weird "creativity" of their stylist  I'd much rather have Bani's uber sexy sarees than some of the rubbish Anika was made to wear, any day 😵😆

Undoubtedly! Bani is one of the most sexy ITV leads I have come across! Am really taking some fashion tips from her!❤️

But, why the blouses kept on growing thinner and thinner, god knows!😆 Ab toh veer bhi patt gya hai!😆🤪

RaniZelda thumbnail

Undoubtedly! Bani is one of the most sexy ITV leads I have come across! Am really taking some fashion tips from her!❤️

But, why the blouses kept on growing thinner and thinner, god knows!😆 Ab toh veer bhi patt gya hai!😆🤪

LOL, I keep saying, at some point her blouses are just going to disappear ☺️🤣

I do really love her look overall (esp her jewellery...I want most of her earrings but kambakht kahin milte nahin 😒😆), but sometimes I'm like "you're in a jungle right now looking for a potion to save your husband from death, maybe don't wear the fiddly chiffon saree with the velvet blouse?" 😕🤣bas thodi practicality dikhaaye in terms of choosing a look for a scene, that'll sort it out for me. 

Aur waise bhi, Veer ko pataane ki zaroorat bhi kya thi 😉...he was anyways totally fida over her from the days when she wore those long kurtis and churidars  (Sometimes I feel like in the initial days her wearing those sexy sarees was like a subtle "you'll never have this" to Veer smiley16, and now obviously that is reversed...😆)

J2lover thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniZelda

LOL, I keep saying, at some point her blouses are just going to disappear ☺️🤣

I do really love her look overall (esp her jewellery...I want most of her earrings but kambakht kahin milte nahin 😒😆), but sometimes I'm like "you're in a jungle right now looking for a potion to save your husband from death, maybe don't wear the fiddly chiffon saree with the velvet blouse?" 😕🤣bas thodi practicality dikhaaye in terms of choosing a look for a scene, that'll sort it out for me. 

Aur waise bhi, Veer ko pataane ki zaroorat bhi kya thi 😉...he was anyways totally fida over her from the days when she wore those long kurtis and churidars  (Sometimes I feel like in the initial days her wearing those sexy sarees was like a subtle "you'll never have this" to Veer smiley16, and now obviously that is reversed...😆)

Her thinner most saree is yet to come!🤣 Wait for it! That latest one is one notche higher😆 Its like a tube blouse!Aise kaha milte hai saarees! Someone contact me if came across!

I think bani could do a side buisness in this, she just needs to put those looks and Jewellery on Amazon! Singhanias ke daaru ka kharcha nikal jaayega, itna sale Hoga😆

I agree with that jungle waala fashion faux pas!🤣

Ek haath se woh teenage bhaaiyon ko maa rhi hai, durse haath se pallu savaar rhi hai!🤣

Veer ne usske kapde dekhe hi kab☺️☺️ Usski nazar bani ke aakhiyon se hatti hi kaha hai!☺️❤️😳

Humes22 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I was going to ask about the kitchen BTS is that saree

Blouse shaped like a bow- it looked like that to me 🤣

RaniZelda thumbnail

Veer ne usske kapde dekhe hi kab☺️☺️ Usski nazar bani ke aakhiyon se hatti hi kaha hai!☺️❤️😳

Haan, so toh hain. I think he's only commented on her clothes once, when she wore that dancer-wala outfit to try and escape, and even then he was like "you can wear whatever you want, but I will always recognise your eyes" ab premi ho to aisa...smiley27 

(and yes, that upcoming blouse is on another level 😲😆 like some big bow on wrapping paper hiding a gift😉😆) 

Originally posted by: Humes22

I was going to ask about the kitchen BTS is that saree

Blouse shaped like a bow- it looked like that to me smiley37

It's because she's a gift for Veer to unwrap smiley37

Edited by RaniZelda - 3 years ago