The Price We Pay - Riansh OS

Hanyshah thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I'm back people. And I am pissed off. The current track makes me want to bash my head into a wall, or better yet bash Vansh's head into a wall đŸ€”

Anyways whatever. Here is my way of giving Vansh some pain. It takes place after a month, while the attacks on Riddhima have been numerous. 

Enjoy and let me know what you think. Also Hindi is not my first language so yeah, overlook all the grammar mistakes, please and thank you đŸ˜‰

The Price We Pay

Present

“Saare saman yehi rakhdo and make sure the flowers are combined. Only white flowers makes it look like some kind of funeral !”

Could it be ? Am I hearing things ? 

He turned around and searched for the voice he heard. Finding no one there, he let out a heavy sigh and resumed what he was doing. He was at a hotel restaurant after a meeting with a client. He tried to concentrate on the papers in front of him but it was futile. 

Three months. Almost three months without her and not a day goes by without his heart breaking into pieces. He was now like a living corpse. Finding out that she was innocent after all of the cruel things that he’s done, tortured his soul. This was punishment for him. For all the sins that he committed to that pure soul. For all the sins he did to the one person that loved him unconditionally. That day again made it’s way to the forefront of his mind. 

That Fateful Day (Three months ago)

In her quest to make Kabir believe that she was on his side, Ahana planned to put poison in Vansh’s desert. With Kabir’s help, he had procured the poison and let her do what she intended. Ahana knew it was a risky plan, but she had warned Vansh before hand so that he could make the necessary arrangements for any emergencies.

What both of them didn’t expect was for Riddhima to stumble upon Ahana and Kabir’s planning, and what Riddhima got in return shock her to the core. It was sheer dumb luck. Just like how Vansh overheard Anupriya confessing to a still comatose Sia about her crimes, that was how Riddhima found out his nefarious plans. 

She was on her way to the kitchen to check on the food, when she saw Kabir walking towards Ahana. She saw something being passed between them and Ahana going straight to the kitchen. Hiding behind the pillar, she saw Ahana put something inside the food. 

Finding it suspicious, she recorded everything on her phone as proof to give to Vansh after his promise to throw her out if she can find any proofs. Feeling that it was enough, she wanted to head straight to Vansh when one word from Ahana stopped her in her tracks. 

“Vansh,”

What the hell ? 

“Haan, mere bhaat dehan se suno. To make Kabir think I’m on his side, he’s making me put poison in your food. You need to be ready for the side effects. Just take a small bite and let Angre know to keep the Doctor on standby. I’ve already marked the desert bowl which will be yours.  I’ll also send you the name of the poison so you can have the cure ready,”

“Yes, don’t worry. He doesn’t suspect me. And Riddhima is also being quite for now. Maybe still terrified after the last attempt. But I must say, your wife is tougher than she looks. I just hope you won’t regret this decision of yours to take revenge on her. She seems like she really loves you,”

Riddhima not believing any of this shit was about to go and slap Ahana for trying to create a doubt in her mind for Vansh, when she accidentally hit a vase. The sound startled Ahana and she accidentally hit the loudspeaker button. And what Riddhima heard clear as day, broke her heart into a million pieces.

“My pyaari wife will learn her lesson for breaking my trust. She will wish that she was never saved from that gunshot wound. She thought that her betrayal to me will be left alone ? That I will let go of the person who gave all the proofs of my supposed crime to Kabir ? Then she must be delusional !”

Ahana, flustered with her mistake, quickly cut the call to check around for the sound that she heard. Finding no one there, she quickly left the kitchen and went to her room. She didn’t see Riddhima hiding under the long table cloth being so small. Riddhima was biting into her hands, stopping her sobs from being heard. 

Seeing nobody in the kitchen, Riddhima ran to where the food was kept. Not wanting the family members to accidentally eat it, she exchanged the food for a new one. She was about to throw the poisoned food away when suddenly she stopped. With tears running down her cheeks, she thought to herself. All her hopes and all her dreams. All were crashing right in front of her eyes. She gave herself body and soul to him believing that he had forgiven her. 

And suddenly she remembered, when Vansh’s wallet got stolen at the Villa, the box where she kept her letter was also missing from the chair. 

“How could I have been so stupid !”

“This means Vansh didn’t even get to read my letter. This means he doesn’t know the full truth. This means that all of this was just his game to make me fully trust him ? To punish me for all of the sins I’ve done to him.”

More tears ran down her face and dropped down to the poisoned food. She looked down at it and knew what she had to do. She kept the food somewhere safe and after cleaning her face went to the only room where she felt she was never judged in.

Dinner

Everyone was seated at the dinner table. As per usual, Riddhima went around helping the servants to serve the food with a smile on her face. While eating, she keep glancing at Vansh. Her eyes held love, pain, and rage. But her smile was genuine. After all was done, desert was brought out and Ahana came to help Riddhima citing that it was the least she could do as the family was being gracious in hosting her. When she saw Riddhima about serve Vansh, she gave Riddhima the marked bowl. 

“Thank you, Ahana. You go sit, and enjoy the desert, I’ll bring the rest for everyone else,”

Once served, without hesitation everyone dug into the desert. Knowing Riddhima’s specialty, even Ishani was satisfied with the taste, though being who she is, will never admit to it. Riddhima ate the desert with tears in her eyes. Once again, she looked at Vansh. He turned and faced her with a smile, and complimented her on the desert. She tried to convey all her love, all her hate and all her rage at him through her eyes and smile. She continued eating without a care in the world. Vansh can see something was wrong with his wife. He took her hand under the table. He whispered to his wife. 

“Riddhima sab theek hai ?”

He can still clearly see her tears. 

“Haan Vansh, sab theek hojayegi,”

Confused with her wording, Vansh asked her again.

“Are you sure ?”

“Kyun ? Bharosa nahi mujhpe ?”

Startled, Vansh looked at her closely. He saw how she kept eating her desert. To the point that it was almost finished. Even with tears brimming in her eyes, she kept on eating and gulping down the desert with resignation. He let go of her hand and looked down at his own desert. Something horrifying dawned on him. 

“Riddhima what did you do ?”

“What I should’ve done a long time ago. Even after the 2 bullets I took for you,” 

She mumbled to herself but he still heard. 

“Ek patni ki farz, apni pathi ki raksha bane ka. Akhri baar keliye. I’m fulfilling our eighth vow. Ab hisab barabhar,”

Said Riddhima to him, with a sad smile. 

The family was baffled seeing both of their weird behaviors. Kabir was looking towards Ahana with a confused look. She shook her head, also not understanding the situation. When Ahana widened her eyes and looked at Riddhima. She remembered the sound she heard while in the kitchen. It must’ve been Riddhima. But how to tell Vansh when Kabir is here. 

All was still confused but too afraid to say anything in fear of Vansh lashing out when suddenly Riddhima started coughing. Vansh tried to make her drink water when her cough worsened. She was starting to hyperventilate, with blood coming out of her mouth. Now Vansh was starting to panic. 

“Angre, call the ambulance. NOW !”

“Already done Boss, ETA 15 minutes,”

“We don’t have 15 minutes, get the car !”

“What happened ?! Riddhima, Riddhima ankhe kholo !” 

Dadi was screaming at Riddhima trying to keep her conscious. Trying to stop her from closing her eyes. 

Riddhima tried keeping her eyes open with difficulty. She gazed at Vansh with love. With betrayal. With sadness. With pity knowing that her death will make him spiral down into self hate. But at the same time feeling a bit self satisfied that he will feel the pain that she felt. Maybe it was selfish of her, but she was only human. 

“I free you of this relationship. Ho sake mujhe maaf kar dena,”

Finally, the darkness consumed her. And she welcomed the peace and rest it provided. 

“RIDDHIMAAAA !”

Vansh picked her up bridal style and ran through the front door. Angre was there with the car. Just as he shuts the door, Angre blasted out of the Mansion gates straight to the Hospital.

“Riddhima, Riddhima ankhe kholo. Goddamit, why did you do this ?!”

“Boss, we’re almost there,”

“Faster Angre !” 

Hospital

A doctor came towards the restless figure pacing in front of the Operation Theater. 

“Doctor, how is my Wife ?”

“She’s still not out of danger. We need to pump the poison out of her system. Her blood test result came back with high concentrations of the poison. Higher than what you informed us. You need to sign the paperwork to give us approval of the procedures. For now we need to stabilize her. Excuse me.”

“No, no, no.”

Vansh was feeling confused. He knew he loves her. Even demanded from Bappa to give Riddhima back to him. But if she found out what he did to her, why is she doing this ? Why did she take the poison knowing it was for him all along ? But what he knew was that he couldn’t let her die. Not like this. With all of the questions in his mind about her. Even in his hate for her, never ever did it cross his mind that she would leave him. Even if she did want to in the future, he would’ve never let her. It never even crossed his mind, that one day he would have to live without her. 

“Riddhima, you can’t leave me. You just can’t,”

Again he went to Bappa. Again he prayed for her life. But he will find out how everything has a price. How every action has a consequence. 

“Boss, I’ve been looking everywhere for you !”

“What Angre, is Riddhima okay ? Any word from the Doctor ?”

“No Boss, but I think you need to see this.”

Since that day when he saw Anupriya in Sia’s room, he had asked Angre to secretly put another CCTV with a different connection to his phone to avoid any unwanted complications. He saw in the video that earlier in the day, Riddhima had come and sat down beside Sia. She was talking to Sia while writing down what seems to look like a letter. He saw Riddhima fold the letter and slid it under Sia’s pillow. Riddhima stood and kissed Sia on the forehead before heading out.  

“Angre go ! Get that letter and bring it to me, now !”

“Ji Boss,”

An hour later 

“Boss, here. I’ve got it ! I’m sorry I’m a little late, everyone was asking questions about Bhabhi. Here is the letter,” 

Taking a deep breath, he opened it with trembling hands.

Dear Sia, 

I’m so sorry that because of me you’re in this condition. That because of me, all of this is happening to our family. If I never had met your brother on that fateful day, maybe now you would have been enjoying your life just like any normal girl. 

And maybe, just maybe this is my punishment for all of my sins. My husband betraying me, just like he believed I did to him. I heard him Sia. How much he hated me. How much he wanted to punish me for not telling him my truth. But he doesn’t know the whole truth does he ? Not like you do. 

That day you gave me 12 hours to bring Ragini back to Vansh. As proof of my love for him after I found out the truth. And I went, didn’t I ? That was my first mistake. Leaving you alone with Anupriya. I didn’t think that she would hurt you to this extent. But I wanted to rectify my mistakes. Even if it wasn’t all my fault, but I knew I needed to help Vansh find Uma Ma’s killer. I went and I even succeeded in saving her, but at the last minute someone shot her and she died. In my arms. I was so out of my mind with worry that I left my phone, my bag with Vansh’s watch in my car in my haste to get to Vansh. I knew that the person that kidnapped Ragini from me would be attacking Vansh next. 

What happened then broke me Sia. The image of my love, throwing himself off of that cliff with a smile on his face will forever be etched in my mind. I had nightmares after nightmares because of it. I mourned for him day and night. Mourned for the love I had lost. For the man who had given me everything and only asked for trust in return. And if he would’ve talked to me, would’ve told me the truth then all of the misunderstandings between us would’ve been cleared. On Karwa Chauth, I was ready to trust him blindly. With my heart, my soul, my body. Even with my life. But he made me believe he was about to kill Ragini. In my stupidity, in my naĂŻvetĂ©, I thought I was saving her. That’s why I took her away. But it was all just a game. And I found out too late.

Kabir was the one who sent me to spy on your brother. He created this image in my mind of what a monster your brother was. Of how he had killed a police woman in cold blood. And stupid me, who was in love with him back then, believed in everything he said. He manipulated me with lies and half truths. But then everything changed. Your brother made a place in my heart. And slowly, without me even realizing, he had taken over my heart completely. So many times I tried telling him the truth about myself. I wanted to give a chance to our marriage with a clear conscience. I wanted to tell him everything but every time, every time he stopped me saying that he didn’t care about my past. What mattered was the present. That was my second mistake. I remained silent in my fear of losing him if he knew my truth. 

And I paid the price for it. I lost him. But still, I pushed all of my grief aside. I had to stay strong for the family. I had to take care of them because that’s what Vansh would’ve wanted. In Vansh’s memory, I gave Kabir permission to stay in our house as it turned out he was Anupriya’s son. I remembered how heartbroken Vansh was that Anupriya didn’t trust him enough to tell the truth about her son. How he wanted to repay all the love she had given to you all by bringing her son home. So I relented. It made  Anupriya happy, it made Dadi happy. But how was I to know it would turn out to be my biggest mistake ? 

At first their act was believable. But then I got suspicious, and I started digging again. I found out how it was their plot all along. How for so many years, Anupriya left her illegitimate son in an orphanage to act as the doting mother to all of you. When in truth, she was waiting for the day to usurp the empire from Vansh. They told me everything. Of how Anupriya killed Uma Ma in her bid to become the next Bahu of the house. How Kabir manipulated me and sent me here to become Vansh’s weakness. How he was the one that had me shot the first time. How he killed Ragini and used all of the false proof to entrapped Vansh. He threatened me that day. He threw me into the pool. He electrocuted me. He told me that if I didn’t keep my mouth shut, the next target will be Ishani and her baby. So I stayed silent. 

But then came news that all of the property and empire has been transferred under Dadi’s name. Kabir could not handle that. He knew that to win Dadi’s trust would’ve taken years. He knew that Dadi trusts me. And he was impatient as he thought he was only one step closer to the prize. So again I became his target. He threatened me to marry him within three days or he will kill Dadi. What was I suppose to do ? I had to protect the family. Good or bad, they were Vansh’s family and he was mine. I gave Kabir a condition, he needed to burn all the proofs he had against Vansh. I didn’t want my husband’s name to be sullied by false allegations. So I said yes. And saw Dadi’s heart broke right in front of my eyes. 

At my wits end, I went to my Bappa. He was my only place of solace. I seek forgiveness from Him, I seek support and most importantly I seek a way out. And he answered my prayers. He sent me Vihaan. With a contract and promise, I trusted him to stop the marriage. If he was a minute more late, I would’ve died by the poison I had in my hand. I would’ve died as Mrs Vansh RaiSinghania and nothing else. But he came. I wanted his help to get the property and empire to be in my name so that I could open a trust. This way Dadi will no longer be a target and the money will stay in the family without any one owner. And with all of his games and all of his greed for money, I still find myself believing that he will always save me. And my faith won. He turned out to be Vansh. My love was alive. 

Imagine my happiness, my relief seeing him hale and healthy right in front of me. I decided then and there. No more secrets between us. I will tell him everything and leave the decision up to him whether he will forgive me or not. In the honeymoon villa, I wrote him a letter. Explained everything to him, all of my truths, all of my sins, all of my mistakes. I told him to give me a rose if he had forgiven me. And when I came to him, I was happy. Genuinely and truly happy, that he has forgiven me. Accepted all of my flaws and still love me just as much as I do him. And I gave myself to him. With a clear conscience, with heart full of love and no other motives left to hide. I just wanted my love with me for the rest of our lives. 

But fate has a funny way of messing things up, right ? I didn’t know. I didn’t know that when Vansh’s wallet got stolen at the villa, that the letter I wrote got stolen along with it. I didn’t know, that the husband I loved with all my heart was playing with me. I didn’t know, that all he did was just in the name of revenge for all of the half truths presented to him. And today when I heard him Sia, my heart broke. To know that the most magical days of my life has been a lie. To know that all the attempts on my life was his way to scare me. To know that he deliberately played me.

I wanted to rage at him. I wanted to scream and shout. I wanted to cry my heart out. If he  asked for my heart, I would’ve clawed it out of my chest with my bare hands and laid it at his feet. But alas I knew. In his rage, he wouldn’t have listened to me. Just like when I tried to tell him about the poison in the watermelon, just like when he accused me of the letter about Ragini, I knew. I knew he would never have believed a thing I say. So I made my decision.

I’m leaving today Sia. For forever. 

For one last time, I’m upholding my responsibility as his wife. To be his shield, to protect him even at the cost of my life. Because I love him. Because he is my life. And without his love, what else do I have to live for ?

I’m so sorry Sia to leave you in this condition. I pray with all of my heart that you recover. After I’m gone, the family will need you. Dadi needs you, Vansh needs you. Please wake up soon. And always remember that I love you. You were the sister I never had. Goodbye.

Love,

Riddhima Bhabhi 

Vansh didn’t realize it but tears were streaming down his face. He couldn’t believe how wrong he was. How much his wife had gone through in his absence. How strong and brave she was to carry on his responsibility. She did her best in protecting his family, even when half of them didn’t even accept her. He wanted to scream, he wanted to shout at Bappa. How cruel was He to let Riddhima go through all of this, and still love him ? Still tried to save him from the poison after all the attempts at her life from his hand ? How did he not realize how pure her love was. He was so blinded by revenge that he had closed his ears to what his heart was saying. He should’ve realized when she took the second bullet for him that she was not guilty. And the property ? Why did he not act longer as Vihaan to find out her reasons. All of these questions keep running in his brain and if he wasn’t already sitting down, he would’ve fallen to his knees.

“Bhai, sambhaliye apne app ko,”

Angre tried to hold him steady. But it was of no use. Suddenly the doctor came towards them.

“I’m so sorry Mr RaiSinghania. Unfortunately, due to the high amount of poison that has been consumed, your wife and child could not have been saved. Seeing as the pregnancy was in the early stages, the fetus was to weak to survive. And due to the pregnancy, your wife's immune system is weakened making her body unable to fight the poison naturally. I’m so sorry for your loss,”

Vansh who had just risen from the chair to talk to the Doctor, fell to the floor on his knees. He couldn’t seem to comprehend what was happening. His wife is gone ? His child ? Riddhima must not have known about it or she would have never endangered their child, not even for him. He cried out in pain. He wanted to hit himself, this was all his fault. He drove his wife to her limits.

“Riddhimaaa
no”

He said in agony. He felt his heart breaking into a million tiny pieces. The agony was so real that he can physically feel it all over his body.

Present

In one fell swoop, Vansh RaiSinghania lost everything that was precious to him that day. All due to his own hate and overconfidence. And he will live to regret it for the rest of his life. Maybe that was the price he had to pay for all that he had done. Maybe it was the punishment Bappa gave him for all his sins. And he will gladly receive it, hoping against hope that somewhere in Heaven both of his Angels will get some peace from it.

The End

PS; The reason I addressed the letter to Sia was because she was the only one that could've defended Riddhima in front of Vansh. Besides knowing the whole truth, Vansh only listens to her words without any doubt as Sia would never lie to her Bhai. Also, another reason is because, I didn't think Vansh deserves an explanation from Riddhima. She tried many times to tell him and each time he cut her off. So the time for explanations has long since gone. And if you noticed, not once did Riddhima grant him forgiveness. That's my way of letting Vansh wallow in his own misery. He wanted badly to believe that he controlled everything when in fact God decides what will happen and what won't. So Yeah !! There you go people. 

Happy New Year Everyone !! Stay safe wherever you may be and may 2021 bring joy and relief for all of us â€ïž

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShumiM thumbnail

It’s new yet morning and I’m crying like crazy after reading your story. Thanks 🙏.do write more please.👏👏👏👏

Muskie thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This was so so great👏👏

Yes, vansh doesn't deserve any explanation for whatever he's doing and Riddhu has been forgiving her all along. Now no explanation no forgiveness ONLY punishment. 

Everytime he used to decide whatever should be Happening in their relationship and that's really hypocrite of him

Navdeep_08 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Wow đŸ‘đŸ‘

Vansh should regret for all his decisions in overconfidence 

Grey-licious thumbnail

It's new Year

And I don't want to start my new year with tears in my eyes so I keep on saying in my heart that it's just a story don't cry 

I tried really hard still I got Misty eyed 

Wonderfully written

Happy new year đŸ„ł

Hanyshah thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShumiM

It’s new yet morning and I’m crying like crazy after reading your story. Thanks 🙏.do write more please.👏👏👏👏

Thank you soo much for liking it !! ♄♄
I’m so sorry for all the angst but I’m just so pissed off with the track that I just had to ! 😅😅

Hanyshah thumbnail

Originally posted by: Muskie

This was so so great👏👏

Yes, vansh doesn't deserve any explanation for whatever he's doing and Riddhu has been forgiving her all along. Now no explanation no forgiveness ONLY punishment. 

Everytime he used to decide whatever should be Happening in their relationship and that's really hypocrite of him

Yes exactly! Thank you soo much for liking it ! I only wanted justice for Riddhu but still keeping true to her self sacrificing nature. Because she believed that somewhere, she also had made mistakes đŸ„șđŸ„ș

Hanyshah thumbnail

Originally posted by: Navdeep_08

Wow đŸ‘đŸ‘

Vansh should regret for all his decisions in overconfidence 

Thank you soo much for liking this đŸ„ș♄

Hanyshah thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grey-licious

It's new Year

And I don't want to start my new year with tears in my eyes so I keep on saying in my heart that it's just a story don't cry 

I tried really hard still I got Misty eyed 

Wonderfully written

Happy new year đŸ„ł

Hppy New Year ! 🎊🎉

I’m soo sorry for the angst ! But I’ve been pissed off since last nights episode that I just had to give Vansh some sort of pain đŸ„ș

Thank you soo much for liking this ♄

Muskie thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Hanyshah

Yes exactly! Thank you soo much for liking it ! I only wanted justice for Riddhu but still keeping true to her self sacrificing nature. Because she believed that somewhere, she also had made mistakes đŸ„șđŸ„ș

yes she certainly did her share of mistakes, blunders and she endured a lot in return (A LOT)

This is exactly her true nature, being sacrificing for people who hates her (Ishani or more than half raisinghania family). They would certainly repent the day she leaves them but taking note of how great her self respect is for her I doubt that