Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: colossial2015

Apurva and Manoj are real life Man child. They both needed to accept that world does not changes as per their views.

That makes kangana on right then if Apurva is man child . Bollywood folks are the preachy ones .. esp to public they need this lesson too .

I agree with u

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: pali001

That makes kangana on right then if Apurva is man child . Bollywood folks are the preachy ones .. esp to public they need this lesson too .

I agree with u

Thank you

Same goes for Kangana or any other actor that the world does not revolves around her or anyone else.

pali001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: colossial2015

Kabir Singh was a pathetic character. A guy like Kabir SIngh is generally an accused in real life, rotting in prison cell for violence, drug abuse, attempt of rape and molestation and medical negligence.

Nobody wants to deal with Kabir SIngh in real life. These people are criminal to core. A girl with common sense would always stay away from Kabir Singh. He would have been rusticated from medical college way back due to anger issues.

Sanju on other hand is about drug addiction, stardom and Sanjay's terrorist link. It clearly showed how stardom rots someone's mind and common sense. A person would common sense would not have relations with 300 to 400. Spread of HIV and STDs were such hot news in 1980s. Sleeping with so many people guarantees such diseases.

Criminals exists in all strata of society. I have seen domestic abuse and sex based crimes done by all classes of the society. You see a lot in industries where you deal with loads of people. Middle class needs lectures as it is really difficult for it to afford lawyers and to live without its izzat and morals. This makes middle class being middle of everything. Money is the only class among  the super rich and the poor.

statistically middle class rarely commits crime . Lower class pays for their crimes and so do middle class .

it’s the rich that get away . So Bollywood is in no position to lecture us . It has all crimes under its belt . So no thanks ...I don’t need Guam from criminals  and real life abusers .

basically ur saying Bollywood is entitled to lecture middle class who are more educated than the BW folks coz they cannot g eat away from crime  unlike rich folks like BW gang who can commit a crime and bury it ... and u think kabir singh is pathetic . 

the same common sense Gyan applies to kabir than that  you assign to Sanju .  Hirani made a joke of terrorism and projected women as daft falling for pathetic tricks like ... going to bed after visiting a grave of the guy’s mom .  

Since you are pro Bollywood ways suddenly flips your recently made  world view gyan in favor of sanju baba and since he is played by the one and only kapoor scion .

Edited by pali001 - 3 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

Not quoting the whole thing.

There is a diff between making a movie about a problematic person and justifying him. Kabir Singh justified the fellow. Songs and dances and happy endings without hero paying even a token price for his misdeeds tend to normalize such abuse. It's not new. And no, brief setbacks do not count as price paid. 

Godfather didn't justify the Corleones. House of Cards doesn't justify FU.

Also, re: Sanju and other movies of the ilk. Anupama Chopra cannot review it because she would have conflict of interest. That doesn't mean she needs to quiet about other movies which do the same. 

Masand also has a habit of praising nepo gang no matter what utter nonsense they put out. He disses outsiders.

None of it makes Kabir Singh any better.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

The whole Kabir Singh argument boils down to: They got away with it, so why shouldn't I? NOBODY should get away with peddling abuse as love or justifying bigotry of any kind. 

One again, portraying bad people is not the same as justifying them. Ex: A film about a rape victim can remain sensitive. But not when it shows her dreaming of a life with the rapist. 

pali001 thumbnail

Tell me why bad guys cannot get what they want ? It’s a wishful thinking , yes . That’s not how world works according the recent gyan in this topic .

Conflict of interest is bull shit . She can review it now right right after the movie is out of theatres. Chickening our is more apt here . She can let her team do the review . Wonder what sucharita truly will have in her mind .  And her husband is a repeat offender .

kabir Singh is justified .,: he is rich and good looking and has the means to get away ... middle class guy in his position will not even land in the same trouble , obviously he will lose everything.

Kabir Singh teaches  us a lesson that ... as rightly said by @collosial2015 said “ middle class cannot get away like rich and hence the gyan “ .

you are wrong about The Godfather , I read the book and watched all the movies . In the structure of gangsters... the corleones  play by mob rules and hence justified . 
so for something to work it needs a specific universe and create that universe and structure for character to work .

you cannot  dream of being kabir singh without his money and power. Otherwise , you will do jail time . The message Works for me .

also in oceans eleven and Dhoom series - are they endorsing that middle class guys to rob banks and still get away ? Or are just telling a heist story ? 

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Kabir Singh is problematic with its glorifying the lead's misdeeds. Why do we have to glorify every Devdas? The way the other characters indulge them is unbelievable. Your family might. But no way would your friends stand by and think that you are a superior being after all the drama. But then there are half a dozen films cast in the same mold. What made me despise the director is the temper tantrums that he indulges in in his interview with Anupama Chopra. Such childishness and name calling just because critics didn't like his film.

pali001 thumbnail

Puny guy throws tantrums . Imagine what chopras do to people who cross their path . Th en guy was pissed off coz he was worried it would interfere with collections . He is not big enough to control media when defending and glorifying terrorists movie . 

give this guy some time he will also learn the tact of giving breazy interviews and go ahead making rape jokes like hirani and chopras do . 

Call out on sanju everyone here is defending the chopras .No one gave a negative review for sanju , plenty of problematic scenes .

Kabir Singh is bashed left and right , when will this happen to BW elite gang movies ? 

I can list out the misdeeds glorified in mainstream cinema everyday . Call out on every one equally don’t play favorites.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Godfather in no way justified Corleones' misdeeds. All of them paid prices. There's a reason it's thought as a masterpiece.

To compare that to Kabir Singh! The likes of Satyajit Ray almost be rolling over in their graves, hearing Kabir Singh of all Indian movies is thought to be great filmmaking when their creations are still around.

Kabir Singh movie didn't show the lead getting away because of his means as a bad thing. It justified all his misdeeds.

Even the filmmaker didn't go as far to spin things. He merely said it was his idea of true love. Others called him out on it. 

Re: conflict of interest. It's the same in every field. It's not considered professional to review something you're connected to. I also said that shouldn't stop her from calling out other movies which she doesn't when other insiders are involved.

But her wrong doesn't make Kabir Singh right.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
pali001 thumbnail