Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tinah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: pali001

Nope . But, is Masand free from hypocrisy ?  This ass/boot licker by no means need defending...I can atleast believe that people like Kangana or Manoj were wronged in some way and taking it out in the way they can...Kangana is out of hand...and she is paying the price for it.

What defence does this third rate human have ? A highly misogynistic movie like SANJU is rated high but Kabir singh ...they gang up on some defenseless new guy...the whole team Anupama gang(rape jokes get a pass in their movies) and Masand go after anyone who they think are beneath them.

Are we really talking about Hyppocrisy here ? These people are parasites and harrasers ... they made the  whole film review system based on power trip.

Bold :  This should be a message to the likes of masand and anupama and her gang... suddenly its not misoginy if a SRK or Ranbir or Hirani or Aamir does ... but bash the guy from south ...drive them to anxiousness by review ssault system.

The Kabir Singh issue was not about the director at all, it's about his defense of the film that got to them. In fact even the actor had the same defense. Violence against women is not OK even if you are in a relationship. Critics in Bollywood love South creative people and have respect for them so it's unfair to claim that Masand attacked that director. 

Besides, most people on social media got on his case because let's face it, the movie was problematic and the director was pissed that critics didn't fall down his feet and call this film, "a  great film" like they did in the south. 

pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tinah

The Kabir Singh issue was not about the director at all, it's about his defense of the film that got to them. In fact even the actor had the same defense. Violence against women is not OK even if you are in a relationship. Critics in Bollywood love South creative people and have respect for them so it's unfair to claim that Masand attacked that director. 

Besides, most people on social media got on his case because let's face it, the movie was problematic and the director was pissed that critics didn't fall down his feet and call this film, "a  great film" like they did in the south. 

what about SANJu then( fu$k one or 300 women ...lets round them off to 400 ...women are things) ? what about the vidhu vinod choprs assaulting Manoj bajpai's wife during 'kareeb" movie . is it not problematic?

SRK shoving bra on a stranger woman face is not probloatic ? the same reviewers go gaga for that movie.

Is kabir singh only problematicmovie ? south ? what do you know about south ? North is free from problematic things? 

Kabir singh is the story of 2 abusive couple(both of them beat up each other...it was not one sided if u really watched the movie )...are we only gonna make movies on stand up guys ? oh right ...a right movie would be learning gandhigiri from TADA accused Sanju baba (thats what non south appreciates i guess). A representation is not always glorification... Anurag Kashyap has many such stylized abusive scenes...

These Bollywood folks who have problem with movies like kabir singh are the ones who wont bat an eyelid when a real crime happens in their world like beating up of Zeenat aman in public view in a film party.

Edited by pali001 - 3 years ago
Tinah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

what about SANJu then( fu$k one or 300 women ...lets round them off to 400 ...women are things) ? what about the vidhu vinod choprs assaulting Manoj bajpai's wife during 'kareeb" movie . is it not problomatic ?

SRK shoving bra on a stranger woman face is not probloatic ? the same reviewers go gaga for that movie.

Is kabir singh only problomatic movie ? south ? what do you know about south ? North is free from problomatic things? 

Kabir singh is the story of 2 abusive couple...are we only gonna make movies on stand up guys ? oh right ...a right movie would be learning gandhigiri from TADA accused Sanju baba (thats what non south appreciates i guess)

My friend from Hyderabad asked me to watch the original Arjun Reddy saying, Man it's a film for the youth, you have to watch it. I was appalled watching as I have grown up in a house where my mother was physically, emotionally and mentally abused. Seeing the movie, it didn't make any sense to me as it did to the many people who loved it. It's wrong to normalize abuse between couples. 

You know if Akshay or Ajay's lives were made into movies, how many women do you think they will talk dirty about? Not just them, but many other actors who have used and abused women and still do. It's disturbing. Masand also carried out blind items about these men and their dirty and disgusting habits, should we blame him instead of them because he dared to write about how creepy these men are?

pali001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tinah

My friend from Hyderabad asked me to watch the original Arjun Reddy saying, Man it's a film for the youth, you have to watch it. I was appalled watching as I have grown up in a house where my mother was physically, emotionally and mentally abused. Seeing the movie, it didn't make any sense to me as it did to the many people who loved it. It's wrong to normalize abuse between couples. 

You know if Akshay or Ajay's lives were made into movies, how many women do you think they will talk dirty about? Not just them, but many other actors who have used and abused women and still do. It's disturbing. Masand also carried out blind items about these men and their dirty and disgusting habits, should we blame him instead of them because he dared to write about how creepy these men are?

no need for blinds on Akshay - Ajay... they were known womnizers since early 90's ...much before even Masand existed. i know...i am a 9's kid. They literally showed their HAND...full disclousure.

What about show some dirt on  the chopra's , Kjo's , the khans, kapoors... Stardust in 90's used to reveal things that are so tame now. I mean Aamir khan fathered a child and refused to acknowledge ...it did not come from masand.

Masand uses people with low capital like sushant to fill his BI's .... he never did a real reveal. 

if you think ur baggage of abusive household should effect someone else movie making choices then I come with different baggages...which will put people like Masand in higesht category of abuse.

pali001 thumbnail

My friend from North said i need to watch SANJU ...its great movie...i was appalled how horrible it was...a guy uses his mom's grave to bed women...among many other things...and its a funny scene in that movie...this movie will put Kabir singh to shame when competing for "problematic".

Arjun reddy is the story of  very rich entitled guy ... he gets away with lot of stuff coz he is rich/good looking/ and happens to be academically brilliant also.

sounds like a perfect Bollywood kid minus the intelligent aspect. How will this effect a random movie goer... there is no way normal folks can identify with him...

HearMeRoar thumbnail

@palli

I'm from south, and I get what you're saying.

But BW's hypocrisy and clique-ism don't justify the abuse passed off as true love in Kabir Singh. 

~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

But why are they even complaining? Did Manoj even want to go to such a show when he has such clear problems with the journalist and his immoral ways? 

pali001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

@palli

I'm from south, and I get what you're saying.

But BW's hypocrisy and clique-ism don't justify the abuse passed off as true love in Kabir Singh. 

Nope, but some guy chooses to tell a story of abusive couple. Its actually a dig how he thinks Kabir is such a great lover, its more about how he is not used to not getting what he wants ...the film starts with how he wallows into melancholy for losing something...even as a child and as small as a toy. 

This is how he is in every aspect of his life...he would get into the same depression...in extention of his charater if he did not get into med school close by a beach.

No one passed off his love as true love...its the Kabir character has this sense of grandiose-ness about himself and his love...a specific scene in Arjun reddy actually calls him out on that.

no one is justifying anything... i just ask ...in this forum . why not call spade a spade for once...why all this defending people like Masand and Anupama Chopra. Kabir singh got a lot of flak...why beat a dead horse... why go mute when SANJU and likes of those are questioned. 

I mean we quote sorcesee and godfather in movies so much...these were the stories of criminals who also pass life lessons... are we gonna make movies of quintessential good boy stories only ? you think audience who go through daily grind called life ...dont even know that shit exists in the world if you dont show in a movie. 

Bad guys dont get to have great life only in movies... but these reviewers are okay hobnobing with abusers in real life surrounded by money and fame... only middle class needs lessons.

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Apurva and Manoj are real life Man child. They both needed to accept that world does not changes as per their views.

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Nope, but some guy chooses to tell a story of abusive couple. Its actually a dig how he thinks Kabir is such a great lover, its more about how he is not used to not getting what he wants ...the film starts with how he wallows into melancholy for losing something...even as a child and as small as a toy. 

This is how he is in every aspect of his life...he would get into the same depression...in extention of his charater if he did not get into med school close by a beach.

No one passed off his love as true love...its the Kabir character has this sense of grandiose-ness about himself and his love...a specific scene in Arjun reddy actually calls him out on that.

no one is justifying anything... i just ask ...in this forum . why not call spade a spade for once...why all this defending people like Masand and Anupama Chopra. Kabir singh got a lot of flak...why beat a dead horse... why go mute when SANJU and likes of those are questioned. 

I mean we quote sorcesee and godfather in movies so much...these were the stories of criminals who also pass life lessons... are we gonna make movies of quintessential good boy stories only ? you think audience who go through daily grind called life ...dont even know that shit exists in the world if you dont show in a movie. 

Bad guys dont get to have great life only in movies... but these reviewers are okay hobnobing with abusers in real life surrounded by money and fame... only middle class needs lessons.

Kabir Singh was a pathetic character. A guy like Kabir SIngh is generally an accused in real life, rotting in prison cell for violence, drug abuse, attempt of rape and molestation and medical negligence.

Nobody wants to deal with Kabir SIngh in real life. These people are criminal to core. A girl with common sense would always stay away from Kabir Singh. He would have been rusticated from medical college way back due to anger issues.

Sanju on other hand is about drug addiction, stardom and Sanjay's terrorist link. It clearly showed how stardom rots someone's mind and common sense. A person would common sense would not have relations with 300 to 400. Spread of HIV and STDs were such hot news in 1980s. Sleeping with so many people guarantees such diseases.

Criminals exists in all strata of society. I have seen domestic abuse and sex based crimes done by all classes of the society. You see a lot in industries where you deal with loads of people. Middle class needs lectures as it is really difficult for it to afford lawyers and to live without its izzat and morals. This makes middle class being middle of everything. Money is the only class among  the super rich and the poor.