Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aruni. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

He is not clownish. His expressions and body language are quite subtle. He is one man who proved that you don't need to be handsome to have screen presence. Watch paan Singh Tomar and lunchbox. Hope you see it

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Yes. He actually. Genuinely was. What other actor can easily pull off comedy, romance, action, thriller, commercial, art house and everything in between etc. 

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I always found him phenomenal in each and every role he did.

Even he made the cringe-fest Angrezi Medium bearable...the last movie of his I watched on the big screen.

He brought so many nuances and depth to each and every role he did....he made it his own, somehow.

My favourite movies of his are Namesake and Lunchbox. In Namesake, he was so incredibly convincing as Gogol's father...he made you tear up with his acting. That's how good he was...he was anything but one-dimensional. The opposite, if you ask me...incredibly versatile.

pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: InspectorShirke

Tbh no disrespect but I found him to be extremely one dimensional and someone who had no facial expressions and used to keep the straight face in almost all of the scenes regardless of the genre. Maybe I am wrong cause I have not seen his work in his critically acclaimed movies like Maqbool, Paan Singh and some others but I have seen his work in the movies like Life of Pi and a lot of other movies and it was ok nothing special

Unfortunaately , few people can differentiate between a good actor and a great actor. Even most critics cannot . It takes an artist to identify that... But, most mainstream actors are genrally not great actors...its not required...they require screen presence and charm. The real acting talent pool is in character roles category...and they dont get to do a lot.

and hence we resort to hyperboles...join the mob and keep praising some actors to skies. I am not saying Irrfan is overhyped ... I am saying its is very much possible that none of us here in this forum are equipped to say beyond...he is a good actor. 

There is another category... A decent to good actor may give a great performace(ex Arjun Reddy (remade as Kabir Singh)...Vijay deverakonda) in a specific movie and still might not be a great actor...there are many who fall into this category ( vicky kaushal RR2, Ranbir manchild roles).

It took some time for me to notice that Ranbir has this effortlessness in his work...This is where Ranveer falls short by a tad bit ...I think...but I dont think Ranbir can pull off Bajirao or Simmba. 

So, its very hard to say ...Robin Williams is widely considered a Genius actor but he cannot do a Tom Cruise...he is still called a Genius..."because a genius is qualitatively very different...one comes to realize what a Genius is" (specifically in acting dept...not my words...but, from some guy who taught  in acting school  when RW was there ages ago)

Edited by pali001 - 3 years ago
FreeBird03 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

oh my god yes a thousand times yes! I think he is the best we have never had. There was nothing he could not do, so effortless in every role, every scene! Piku, Maqbool, Paan Singh Tomar, Hindi Medium, you name it and he was brilliant.

Ahh, can't believe we won't get to witness his brilliance anymore. :( 

Edited by FreeBird03 - 3 years ago
FreeBird03 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

I used to find him overrated too. The thing is, I know Sonam was trolled for this, but I believe it too: if you're not good looking, you're considered a good actor.

Somehow, the "raw"/edgy physical appearance gives more depth and character to an actor's performance. 

However, I realised his immense talent when I watched more films. Check out: Maqbool, Hindi Medium, Angrezi Medium.

I hated him in most "hollywood" films, they don't know how to utilise his talent.

but I found him quite good looking too, very dashing ❤️

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Fantasy Force

Yes he was a very good actor.

forza thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

He was a brilliant actor.

Taify thumbnail

I feel the same, I think he got praised cause he didn't look good. We tend to love such actors. Very boring to watch.

Originally posted by: Taify

I feel the same, I think he got praised cause he didn't look good. We tend to love such actors. Very boring to watch.

Gurrllll......