Kaatelal & Sons - Discussion Thread

Posted: 3 years ago

Kaatelal & Sons - Discussion Thread

Set in Rohtak, this show is the story of Garima and Susheela, two twin sisters, known for their gutsy nature and modern thoughts. They are here to break the shackles of misogyny and snip the barriers of patriarchy, as they gear up to give wings to their dreams. They care a damn as they set foot into a salon, which is a male domain predominantly!

Since there is no official forum for Kaatelal & Sons show, we will discuss everything regarding cast, trp, story development here as it is the only possible way out now because many new shows of many new channels do not have any proper forum.

hello people!

first of all, thank you for making a discussion thread for this. I was looking for one since the show aired.

I actually really like this show. The plot itself is intriguing and after a while, we have proper content worth watching. 

The characters are pretty funny especially puthu (yes tao Ji yes. HAHAHAHA). The father is regressive and orthodox but genuinely cares about his family. He has his funny moments too. Garima and Susheela aka gunnu and sattu are endearing to watch. Despite the protest by their guardian they are trying to help him in disguise. It's different than the usual outright rebelling with long speeches and unrealistic ventures. All in all, it can be a pretty fun watch if handled well.

what do you guys think?

thank you for making this thread...the title itself is intriguing because i've seen majority of the stores in india be called by *some name & sons* but over here, the sisters are quite interesting duos...i like garima and susheela...probabyl more of susheela

Edited by Meena_J - 3 years ago

I like the pairing - one duo is calm while the other duo is feisty tom & jerry😆. So made some edits😃. Their brother, Puttu, is a fun character to watch! XD

so the saga continues & looks like dharampal is okay with the ad video produced by gunnu & sattu lol...still a bummer to see dharampal stick to thinking that puttu is taking care of the store despite the actual brains being his daughters...i like susheela more because she's more vocal about her feelings despite the fact thst such comments can hurt dharampal's feelings ...cant blame her even though she still lovse him ...it seems that garima definitely has her own thing going on with hesitation to enter the shop before she officially does enter and glances at the razor that was photo framed but definitely has her own swag for sure...

made an edit on susheela XD

Originally posted by rinki_99

I actually really like this show. The plot itself is intriguing and after a while, we have proper content worth watching. 

The characters are pretty funny especially puthu (yes tao Ji yes. HAHAHAHA). The father is regressive and orthodox but genuinely cares about his family. He has his funny moments too. Garima and Susheela aka gunnu and sattu are endearing to watch. Despite the protest by their guardian they are trying to help him in disguise. It's different than the usual outright rebelling with long speeches and unrealistic ventures. All in all, it can be a pretty fun watch if handled well.

what do you guys think?

I too have the same thoughts as you regarding this show.

This show Kaatelal & Sons s definitely WORTHY TO WATCH!

Yeah, even I too love Puthu, especially th scene where HE FELL UNCONCIOUS, seeing Garima and Susheela in short hair🤣🤣🤣

That was my favorite Puthu Scene😉

Originally posted by Meena_J

I like the pairing - one duo is calm while the other duo is feisty tom & jerry😆. So made some edits😃. Their brother, Puttu, is a fun character to watch! XD

Puthu's amazing comic scenes are really hilarious and I already mentioned my favorite one among them😉

The other PLUS POINTS of this show is definitely the PAIRING as you said 

The first Garima-Vikram; who are subtle and calm as you said

But Vikram reminds of the male protagonist of the famous Korean Series; which was the first Korean Series to introduce the theme of gender disguise; Coffee Prince (2007)

In that series the MP, falls for the FP who is disguised as a man and thinks that there is some problem with him (in short he thinks he is a GAY) and goes to meet a doctor!🤣

Vikram really reminds me of that MP from Coffee Prince😆

The first Susheela-Pramod; are feisty tom & jerry as you said

Their cute banters are definitely worth watching; especially when she calls him "Chotta Haddi"😆

Isn't there any couple names for them? On-screen/Off-screen

Originally posted by Meena_J

so the saga continues & looks like dharampal is okay with the ad video produced by gunnu & sattu lol...still a bummer to see dharampal stick to thinking that puttu is taking care of the store despite the actual brains being his daughters...i like susheela more because she's more vocal about her feelings despite the fact thst such comments can hurt dharampal's feelings ...cant blame her even though she still loves him ...it seems that garima definitely has her own thing going on with hesitation to enter the shop before she officially does enter and glances at the razor that was photo framed but definitely has her own swag for sure...

Completely agree with you regarding Susheela and that is what most of us from younger generation love to be, BOLD AND OPEN about our TRUE FEELINGS

But, I love Garima more, not because I find fault with Susheela, but because in REAL-LIFE, I'm more like Susheela

And what I have personally felt that it doesn't really help always to get angry and voice out what we are feeling inside

Because it may or may not help us, but we do not know how it WILL AFFECT OUR LOVED ONES, AROUND US

So, it's always better to be the Garima in Real-life, because it is important to think and take the chances in favor of the situation, rather than letting our anger driving us and take the choices of our life👍🏼

Originally posted by Aleyamma47

Completely agree with you regarding Susheela and that is what most of us from younger generation love to be, BOLD AND OPEN about our TRUE FEELINGS

But, I love Garima more, not because I find fault with Susheela, but because in REAL-LIFE, I'm more like Susheela

And what I have personally felt that it doesn't really help always to get angry and voice out what we are feeling inside

Because it may or may not help us, but we do not know how it WILL AFFECT OUR LOVED ONES, AROUND US

So, it's always better to be the Garima in Real-life, because it is important to think and take the chances in favor of the situation, rather than letting our anger driving us and take the choices of our life👍🏼

about garima, I’d agree that she is a quite interesting because she tries to rationalize the situation before reacting. Susheela was the one to encourage Garima to enter the shop whereas Garima also helps Susheela more. I have noticed one thing, whether it’s the shop or boys ( I will exclude Dharampal here because it’s a 50/50 situation), wherein Garima used to live in her bubble or had thoughts before they get broken. For the shop, she would hesitate to enter because her father said so before garima encouraged her to enter whereas with boys, she needs truth to shown to her before she gets upset so like with vikram mentioning about priyanka matter or when her father tried to set her and susheela with those two brothers in earlier episodes. 

Lol, I guess there is some elements of Garima and some of Susheela tbh. I cannot say that I’m entirely garima because I don’t really live in so many bubbles since childhood (lol science-oriented person so I have always questioned things or share my thoughts but with a rationalized reason) whereas, for susheela, I don’t have any weapons to attack + I need to think twice before bringing up the matter to the opposite person. So, I’d guess it can be called a character flaw in both of em but they both are perfect combination when they are together. Lol, I feel we have some elements of both of the characters in our real life.