Why is Deepika considered overrated by some? - Page 5

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by Rekha_ji

Anyway whatever the case, it's a CRYING SHAME that at the peak of her career she's done 2 films in the last 5 years. 

Things have definitely improved for "married actresses over age 31" but we (Bollywood) have a long way to go. 

Where are the roles for this beautiful talented being??? She's only 34. I hope we don't have to wait for her to be 40+ to have some good roles like an English Vinglish or Mardaani 2 :(

Nailed it - shes invisible and taken a back seat during her PEAK. No wonder other newbies have taken over

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by mintyblue

Let's be objective: Deepika is a gift to the film industry and she is that rare combination of beauty and talent which comes once in a blue moon.

You say something like this, and then you ask why is she overrated. Big LOL. 😆

Posted: 2 years ago

Prabhu, where's your feet. I think you did a PhD on Deepika Padukone.

Originally posted by Purushottamdz

Prabhu, where's your feet. I think you did a PhD on Deepika Padukone.

So random 😂

Dp was a dream in oso but her downfall is her personal life in my opinion. She got with rk, her career went downhill and after the break she saw successful movies. Now she’s married to rs, her career is on the downhill. She took 2 years break after she got married. She lost that charm, freshness, eager to work personality she had years ago, now she is all boring housewife types. I prefer Kareena who still independent working woman after marriage and kids. Anyways When Sonam and deepika debuted together, I thought this forum was overrated with Sonam fans and posts, they used to bash deepika and I thought deepika had a potential even as a model I used to see a potential for her to be big but now I am in the opposite side, I like Sonam and don’t like deepika because of her personal life choices and boring personality. I will still watch deepika if she does a good movie, she is better than teenager looking girls like Alia, Tara, ananya, Sarah, janhvi. Janvhi is good in songs, never watched her movies. I don’t watch kids show and movies anymore and I prefer watching women figure like Sonam, Kareena, deepika and etc 

Edited by Terenaina - 2 years ago

Deepika is very “manufactured” in her approach to acting...not natural 

It’s almost like she expects ppl to applaud and praise on giving an expression instead of staying in character 

Piku is an exception and that is abt it 

Like someone said, she is starting to believe in her own myth which is a huuuuge pitfall

In her head, yjhd is this generations ddlj and hahk, red lip is “her look” , winged eyeliner was “the shanti Priya eyeliner”, she’s the quween of modelling photo shoots, she has a telepathic connection with imtiaz and slb and is their muse, deewani Mastani is this generations pyar kiya toh darna kya, Serena in xxx is the first time an Indian actress played an important part in a Hollywood film, chappak is a success....

dear lord I could go on and on abt her delusions of grandeur 

mam...ur not all that 😒 calm the eff down and act p

Oh and would be gr8 if she answers an interview question to the point instead of bs’ing her way through them 

Edited by pathaka - 2 years ago

Let's be objective: Deepika is a gift to the film industry 

🤣

Let's be objective: Deepika is a gift to the film industry and she is that rare combination of beauty and talent which comes once in a blue moon.

Statements like these.

EVERY SINGLE SUPERSTAR ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH will be considered overrated by some 😆 it's impossible for anyone to be universally loved!

Statement like this makes me wonder at times are you really her fan or just make such comments to troll her get her bashed. 

But Deepika should be thankful  to her pr team for the image that they created of her based on someone's else image and web of lies. That helped her survive in the Industry for so long despite giving back to back flops.