Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

loginidran thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

In short ..like the lady said in the video.....people resent that these kids are born where they are...the influential and rich parents that they have......why should they be made to feel guilty about it? We don't choose our families....no one does....so a SRK who was not a star kid....but worked hard...got lucky(luck plays a big part) became rich...is not supposed to look out for his own 3 kids......we aaplaud him when he does charity and helps others....but nah...how dare he think about his own kids...with his own money......OWN MONEY is the key word.....just in case people would jump in bringing...people in Govt jobs favoring their friends and family...that is wrong...do not compare apples and oranges....bullying is wrong....snatching a role is wrong...I am talking of nepotism in its purest organic form here.....like SRK producing a move for his kid with his own money...a movie that was made keeping his own kid in mind.

and why idolize them...its ur own fault if you do...its that simple.

Agree! If you are a producer, invest on someone who is not a star kid. If you are a mere audience, spend your hard earned time and money on someone who is not a star kid. Other than that, I don’t know how else to be a part of this debate.

That’s where the whole problem lies. People are guilty of holding these actors on a high pedestal. First they idolized them, now they are lashing out at them. Both signs of immaturity and lack of intellect! 

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: cutejodikangal

How is one supposed to address it? Can we ask the parents to not look out for their children? Isn't that reverse bullying? 

@ green: Again, who asked the outsiders not to hire expensive PR? I mean how is it illegal to spend their own money the way they want to? If their parents are okay with it, who are we to have a problem with it? The only thing we as audience can do is not give them the time of the day!

@Red: How is that Nepotism?Aren’t you confusing Nepotism with networking which is an intricate part of every business? 

What is reverse  bullying here? Parents will do what they do but if we as audience stop buying their shit and put them in position where they don't enjoy this privilege (to an extent they do now) then its definitely a good start.

Red: yes because outsiders have all the contacts, backing and money to do that🤔. See people will use their power and money however they like but then public too has every right to point them out for this. You may say that stop watching their films but that is not practically possible because at the end of the day people will want to be entertained. What we can do is call out their bullshit so that they don't feel so entitled.

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

In short ..like the lady said in the video.....people resent that these kids are born where they are...the influential and rich parents that they have......why should they be made to feel guilty about it? We don't choose our families....no one does....so a SRK who was not a star kid....but worked hard...got lucky(luck plays a big part) became rich...is not supposed to look out for his own 3 kids......we aaplaud him when he does charity and helps others....but nah...how dare he think about his own kids...with his own money......OWN MONEY is the key word.....just in case people would jump in bringing...people in Govt jobs favoring their friends and family...that is wrong...do not compare apples and oranges....bullying is wrong....snatching a role is wrong...I am talking of nepotism in its purest organic form here.....like SRK producing a move for his kid with his own money...a movie that was made keeping his own kid in mind.

and why idolize them...its ur own fault if you do...its that simple.

How about I have all the money in the world but i still would want my kid to have an identity of his/her own. How about i give them enough resources to achieve success but they themselves make their path? Why can't we as an audience call them out for this lousy parenting? I want to see an industry where media stops running after these so called star kids, where likes of Ananya's and Sara's are not celebrated like some goddesses because yes I resent the fact that someone out there much more talented and someone who has achieved much more than them  is not even being given an ounce of that attention by the industry and media and I think I as an viewer has every right to be angry because it somehow affects quality of art. 

The problem is nepotism doesn't exist in its pure organic form. It has become a norm. Tell me how many outsiders (newcomers not the already established ones) are getting the opportunities like nepo kids do? How many producers are willing to introduce fresh talent by going out there and auditioning instead of casting a mediocre star kid? Its not just limited to that but also industry's attitude. Like Sushant said if you are an insider your success is multiplied by 10 and if you fail it is divided by 10.

Also another thing that irks me is how pompous these nepo kids sound. They talk about how acting was their passion and somewhere they always knew that they would end up doing it then why don't they work for it? Why don't they actually go and study acting or filmmaking when they have all the resources and support? most of them don't even complete their education and some who do still sound so ignorant and uneducated ( All lives matter- Sara)..We have reach a point where these so called stars are not using but abusing their privilege.  

loginidran thumbnail

Originally posted by: ninny

What is reverse  bullying here? Parents will do what they do but if we as audience stop buying their shit and put them in position where they don't enjoy this privilege (to an extent they do now) then its definitely a good start.

Red: yes because outsiders have all the contacts, backing and money to do that🤔. See people will use their power and money however they like but then public too has every right to point them out for this. You may say that stop watching their films but that is not practically possible because at the end of the day people will want to be entertained. What we can do is call out their bullshit so that they don't feel so entitled.

Isn’t it what I said, that one should stop spending their hard earned money on the star kids if they don’t like them? 

@Blue: Umm sarcasm 😳. How is it the star kids’ fault that they have money and the contacts? 🤔. It's where they were born and how can they undo it? If your outsiders also have that same money and contacts, won’t they use them? 

@Green: Other than refusing to buy a ticket how else are you going to call out without resorting to bullying which is what has happened for a few months which thankfully is beginning to stop. Also, who has time to sit on these useless debates which are not going to help us at the end of the day as someone who has no interest in making a career in the Bollywood? 

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

But nepotism is a very common word,

Dotard on the other hand was a rare find. Kudos to Kim Jung Un. He taught us all something 😆

GumGum thumbnail

Why would the audience refuse a good product or a nicely packaged product? At the end of the day audience mostly care about the product, the film. And nepo kids' have been taking all the A grade products (quality-wise or packaging-wise) leaving only the B/C grade product for the outsiders. Why would the audience buy B-grade maals?l

There is no taker for an industry kid Athiya's boondi ki ladoo besan ke kurkure type films.. and we are expecting the audience to flock toward cinemas to watch those boondi besan films starring Yami, Nusrat, Radhika. And that's the type of movies these outsiders have been getting.

Edited by GumGum - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: GumGum

Why won't the audience refuse a good product or a nicely packaged product? At the end of the day audience mostly care about the product. And nepo kids' have been taking all the A grade products (quality-wise or packaging-wise) leaving only the B/C grade product for the outsiders. Why would the audience buy B-grade maals?

Who picks A and B projects ? So many films starring cast kids are trolled from announcement time all they way to release. Are they supposed A projects ? 

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: GumGum

Why would the audience refuse a good product or a nicely packaged product? At the end of the day audience mostly care about the product, the film. And nepo kids' have been taking all the A grade products (quality-wise or packaging-wise) leaving only the B/C grade product for the outsiders. Why would the audience buy B-grade maals?

Which A grade projects is AB Jr the son of the biggest superstar getting now....the audience kicked him out?

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Why did Sohail and Arabaaz not getting A grade projects like Salman?

Why does Ekta Kapoor cast her own brother in her A grade projects??

GumGum thumbnail

Which A grade projects is AB Jr the son of the biggest superstar getting now....the audience kicked him out?

He got them in his first 10 years of his career. You want Manoj Kumar's son still getting leading roles in Dharma/YRF films?