Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 3 years ago

God i hated this movie even when it came out when everyone was loving it...

... I love pretty much most of srks romantic movies but this one was just crap... And that pallu scene was tacky beyond belief 

Jay_tapori thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Rhimjhimsawan

How was she supposed to know why Rahul fell in love with her? Even if she did know I don't think it would've mattered. Because at the end of the day Rahul loved her and more importantly Anjaali loved him. 

Personally, out of all the shallow bollywood love stories I have seen over the years I think this is one of the ones I had least amount of problems with. In my opinion during college days it wasn't that Rahul didn't love and adore and value Anjaali, he just didn't see her as a girl. I don't think it had anything to do with whether he thought she was beautiful or not, because I think he found her very beautiful in her own way and thought any person would be lucky to have her but she never acted like a "girl" so he never saw her as one. Tomboys are not everyone's cup of tea and Anjaali never showed she had any interest in a thing like romance either. For me Rahul didn't fall for her later because she was hot, I felt he suddenly saw her in a new light because she was a "girl". That itself has its own issues because we constantly fail to understand what defines a girl and what makes man a man. 

brill ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: InspectorShirke

Then why he ditched her for Tina? Why didn't he marry her in the first place and why did it take 8 years for him to realize that he loves her?

Infatuation versus true love? He didnโ€™t really understand the concept of love.

Tina seemed to understand though . Thatโ€™s why she felt she had come between them.

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Rahul was 21 years old 

At 21 no one truly understands what is real love

Its all beauty and lust only infatuation 

Once you start working and start taking responsibility of life etc you mature 

I think only after 30-35 you can know whats real love 

Till than its all infatuation 

Thats why many couple love and run away and marry than break up in real world

Real world requires lots of other things for love to sustain 

Can you love a man who is unemployed who cannot buy a house/food/dresses/jewellery etc 

Or can you love a woman who does not take care of house/kids etc 

Thats when true love get tested

Further in asia extended family intervene and you have to keep them too happy to sustain relation ship

Rahul was a kid at 21 years he never loved tina or anjali or anyone for that matter

Yes he liked tina because she was foreign returned(indian men love foreign returned girls status symbol to have them as wife) she wore feminine dress (short dresses modern dresses) she was soft and smart unlike anjali . She acted more girly girly. rahul was attracted to her in physical sense not love sense not as soulmate etc 

Even when Rahul met anjali after 8 years he was attracted to her feminine dressing again saree long hair her shying etc not the tomboy she was at 21 years

I doubt Rahul was mature to know abuout love at 32-34 too

Women do mature faster so anjali/tina both knew whats real love earlier than a rahul 

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I agree that Aman was a better choice than Rahul but tbf marrying Rahul (who she loved) is better than marrying Aman and crying for Rahul all her life ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ 

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

You have to compromise in your life at some point. You can't get everything you want and I know a lot of people are gonna say that it's just a movie but you all know how much people are influenced by BW in Asian countries and I read somewhere that it become quite popular after the time of the release for girls to elope on the day of their marriage.

Think about Aman, the poor guy would have been traumatized by the word marriage after that whole shit and for Rahul well he would have found someone younger to drool on which he was doing anyways since his wife's death and if Rahul really loved Anjali, why did it take 8 years for him to realize and not even tried to contact her even single time in within those 8 years.

Still better than being married to a woman who loves someone else (which is what would have happened if he married Anjali)

*Dev.* thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I don't know why she pressed Anjali for going back to Rahul when it was clear that he fell in "love" with her only because she became hotter than she was in college whereas Aman was someone who liked her for whatever she was

Because Karan Johar wanted it. ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿคฃ

w4always thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

That pallu scene was damn vulgar and I can't believe that was used to drive home the point that Rahul loved her. I mean what a wtf scene!

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

What's wrong if Rahul started being attracted to Kajol later on in their life? I mean what guy would be attracted to a jhalli like Anjali, like she was so unattractive and boyish. 

Would girls be attracted to their guy friends who talk, walk and dress like girls? ๐Ÿ˜†

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Sharpener

What's wrong if Rahul started being attracted to Kajol later on in their life? I mean what guy would be attracted to a jhalli like Anjali, like she was so unattractive and boyish. 

Would girls be attracted to their guy friends who talk, walk and dress like girls? ๐Ÿ˜†

@bold, bumping this thread so this question doesn't get ignored.๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by Harley_Quinn - 3 years ago