Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

When she was in college, she was an immature, obnoxious, loud-mouthed brat. Later in life, she's more soft-spoken, graceful and elegant. The clothes she wore in college were horrible, she had no fashion sense. All that changed later on and she evolved into a more comely maiden. 

Why did she develop fashion sense? How did it all change? 

I never cared about fashion my whole life.. that didn't change even when I grew up, graduated, married, had children.. So what does Anjali's fashion change have to do with her maturity and sobering?

And are you trying to say that girls who wear jeans and boyish clothes in college are immature brats?

Edited by zehreeli.kheer - 3 years ago

Originally posted by: myviewprem

I do not agree no girl will dress like tina in college campus

all wear pant, shirt, kurtas etc more professional kind of dressing 

Kajol was wearing what most girls will wear at college pant, shirt, cotton pyjamas to play ground and tshirts etc in class girls wear jeans, tshirt and salwar. No one comes wearing mini and micro mini or skirts to college (long skirts may be not short) 

Even in office no woman will wear like tina 

Yes kajol was talking unlike a young girl in college more tomboy or her hair style was ok many come with such hair styles to college with hair band and short hairs

Kajol was coming to college like a student not there to impress young boys of class like a model like how tina came

No principal will allow that dressing inside college like tina 

If you go to normal college 90% will wear dresses like kajol 

I went to a 'normal' college, and NOBODY dressed like Kajol. People dressed in feminine tops, stylish T-shirts, salwar-kurta and skirts/trousers. Nobody dressed like men. Kajol dressed like a man.  Wearing shirt and trousers does not mean you have to wear MEN'S SHIRTS and MEN'S T-shirts. 

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

Why did she develop fashion sense? How did it all change? 

I never cared about fashion my whole life.. that didn't change even when I grew up, graduated, married, had children.. So what does Anjali's fashion change have to do with her maturity and sobering?

And are you trying to say that girls who wear jeans and boyish clothes in college are immature brats?

They are, to an extent. They think being girlish makes them 'uncool', which is a sign of immaturity. (Unless those girls are butch lesbians or transgender) And wearing jeans does not make you boyish, girl jeans and boy jeans are different, and the tops and shirts are different for men and women. You can wear trousers and shirts and still look feminine. Anjali came across as someone who was trying TOO HARDDDDDDDD! not to look like a girl. And that makes her an immature brat in my opinion.

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail

They are, to an extent. They think being girlish makes them 'uncool', which is a sign of immaturity. (Unless those girls are butch lesbians or transgender) And wearing jeans does not make you boyish, girl jeans and boy jeans are different, and the tops and shirts are different for men and women. You can wear trousers and shirts and still look feminine. Anjali came across as someone who was trying TOO HARDDDDDDDD! not to look like a girl. And that makes her an immature brat in my opinion.

wow! That's some judgmental opinions right there😆

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

wow! That's some judgmental opinions right there😆

I have no problems being judgemental towards women who are ashamed of their gender (excluding the ones who feel they're men trapped in a female body). Generally, tomboys who try real hard to not be girly are deeply misogynistic and self-hating towards their own gender. 

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail

I have no problems being judgemental towards women who are ashamed of their gender (excluding the ones who feel they're men trapped in a female body). Generally, tomboys who try real hard to not be girly are deeply misogynistic and self-hating towards their own gender. 

Clothes do not define gender.. if a girl is more comfortable wearing jeans and shirts designed for guys, so be it.. doesn't mean she is not comfortable in her body or that she hates her own gender

All of my class used to wear those shoes designed for guys in school, not because we hated being females but because they were more comfortable

And Kajol mostly wore tracksuits or shorts in the movie prior to her transformation. no where did her clothing imply she was trying to be cool or wasn't at ease with her gender. it only showed she valued comfort more than what looked good on her

cool-boy_018 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: InspectorShirke

Seems like there's a lot of fangirls of Rahul here so I would like to ask a question if they would marry someone like Rahul who dumped her for her hotter friend, didn't respect her, was kinda creepy (even after the marriage)

or would they marry Aman who liked her for what she was, respected her mom and was genuinely a nice guy?

This is the reason why I like Dhadkan more than such movies, BW never explored the possibility of someone falling out of love with someone except Dhadkan.

Dumped her? She wasn't his gf.

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

OK this topic is veering towards feminity v/s tom boy kind of discussion 

I think about kajol like this 

See if you have no sister at home you are made to wear elder brothers(even cousin brothers) dresses usually as kid

Only on festival etc they buy girly dresses

So may be kajol was brought up by parents like that so she wear like a boy 

Further if you are only child of parents a girl is usually brought up like a boy only as parents want her to be bold and independent as she has no sibling to take care of her

You have read in rajasthan girls dress up like boys to remain safe(watch indian idol such girls do come)

So nothing wrong with being tom boys 

In a dangerous society like ours acting boyish and dressing boyish will make men not cast bad eyes on you

I know one girl who used to be harassed by boys on road on way to school, she chopped her hair boy cut dressed more boyish and also started speaking roughly, the boys stopped following her. This is in very big city not small village. Police never bother if any compalint goes so how you remain safe by acting bold and more boyish only rough so boys do not run after your beauty etc   

As you mature and become big like 25-30 years tomboy girls will start dressing more feminine usually

Even hair girls have short boy cuts till college than start growing hair 

Does that mean they cannot fall in love or cannot marry because they look and act boyish 

Kajol was only 20-21 years so ok the way she dressed

It was tina who was dressing so overtly to college it looked like she had matured before age. I mean who wears mini to college that to co heads 

Even USa no one wears like that in college 

Is tina student or model? 

Edited by myviewprem - 3 years ago
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail

Even Anjali was revolted with the idea of her Yaar Rahul becoming her dildar to she got jolted with the pyar dosti hai and Rahul going away from her for Tina.. She too never considered him a romantic possibility till she saw him falli g for Tina.. so how is Rahul at fault for not seeing her as a potential romantic partner for a long time till he realized she was not just his buddy.

M

JayaBachan thumbnail

I am so glad that repetitive arguments are always recycled in BW forum 🥳 It gives my lazy ass the opportunity to copy &  paste my previous comments 

Sigh* smiley22 The constant persecuting of Rahul’s character is such a pet peeve of mine. Anjali was a tomboy through and through. She dressed like a guy, spoke like a guy and behaved like one too. You cannot call Rahul shallow for not being sexually attracted to her. Are people not allowed to have a type? Did it never occur to you that maybe just maybe he was not into tomboy girls? Is that a crime? She behaved like a guy and so he treated her like one. Anjali was put in the best friend zone (which she was happy to be in) until he made the life-changing comment ‘love is friendship’. Then suddenly he evolved into the man of her dreams. 

Rahul loved Anjali as a friend. He did not perceive her in a sexual way but loved her as a companion. He harboured a deep affection and fondness towards her. When Rahul did meet Anjali again after 8 or so years, he became attracted to her. He could no longer perceive her as the Anjali that used to be his immature/childish and tomboy best friend. Instead he is now seeing her in a completely different persona. She has matured, outgrown her tomboy phase, and is now much more ‘feminine’ (which seems to be in line with his preferences). Clearly that compels Rahul to start seeing Anjali as a woman and notice things about her that he never noticed before - which was hidden by the tomboy version of Anjali. 

God it is so simple yet people have to make it so complicated. Since when is it a crime to have a type? We all have one so please don’t lie to yourself. Can I also add since people seem to find it funny that Rahul fell for Anjali after seeing her in a sari. Do you not realise that clothing and grooming is such a strong catalyst towards finding someone attractive. Have you girls never seen a man in a suit!? 

Let me give you a scenario. You are best friends with Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Prem’ from Mein Prem Ki Dewaani Hoon. There is no power on this universe that could make me fall for that ‘clean shaven/immature/childish/flared nostril/teary eyed/colurful shirt wearing’ version of HR.

Prem is simply not my type. But if I see him again in 10 years as he steps out of a helicopter dressed in combat clothing and a stubble as ‘Kabir’ from War then HELL. TO. THE. FCUKING. YES! Y E S I DO! Qubool Hai x 3. I’ll fight anyone against this scenario. You know it’s true

Edited by FingerFetish - 3 years ago