Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kashev thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Eloquent

@bold - agree completely. The only justification she gives is that she's married. TBH, they're making Preesha into a very monochromatic character who doesn't have any shades. Which is disappointing.

All FLs have this rabid urge to show they're pati vrata ness which is jarring with its OTT-ness.

TBH, Yuvraj or Rudraksh, looking at the way things are, Preesha herself is getting sidelined as a character despite begin a lead because her pov is simply not shown in this matter. She gets other sorts of scenes but when it comes to non platonic love, it's like it doesn't exist for her. She was earlier engaged to be married to Yuvraj. When he almost took her to the gallows, was a logical POV shown? No. We just got a very weird scene which made no sense and TBH most of us skipped the jail scenes due to OTT-ness.

Once Rudraksh forcefully married her, what did Preesha think of her broken engagement till to Yuvraj, about Yuvraj's selfishness and ruthlessness in throwing her in the snake's pit? What did she think that she could no longer be with Yuvraj as his wife and her life was ruined? Nothing.

It was just 'Saaransh ke liye' FL mahaanta.

Coming to Rudraksh, again the same pattern is repeated. Preesha just cannot be have any non platonic feelings. It's all very kiddish best friend or pati vrata sati savitri husband ke liye.

I guess what we're missing is Preesha as a woman , instead of the overdose of mother, wife daughter, DIL, ex-fiancee. She's pretty much restricted as a character. She sees all of Rudraksh's attempts till woo her, be intimate with her, acknowledge them in earlier times, but then never think that their relationship is at a different level? She never gets that he could be jealous and heartbroken if she's around Yuvraj?!

For a gynac who's been shown to be smart in other scenes, its unpalatable.

The problem is not whether Preesha loves Yuvraj or Rudraksh. The problem is that we're never given enough insight into her thoughts to conclusively prove either, which is a great disservice being done too both Preesha as a lead character & Sargun as an actress.

@bold - Word! 👏

Add to that the inconsistencies between her words and actions again without any POV and the result is a messy and confusing loop, which is what we are getting currently. 

Edited by kashev - 3 years ago
Twilighter16 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Yhcfan1

Pree does a lot for Rudra and he does a lot for her too. Difference is we know why he does it. He actually doesn’t give about their formal relationship. He doesn’t do it b/c she’s his wife. He does it b/c he decides what’s right or wrong in every situation and he does it b/c he respects her and cares for her AND has fallen in love with her. 

when it comes to Pree, we can’t say the same. She does a lot for Ru 💯. She does it b/c she respects him and she cares for him. Not necessarily b/c she’s sees a difference b/w right and wrong. She also does it out of duty and obligation. At no point does she do it b/c she loves him or even b/c he’s her best friend like she declared at the party in his honour.

Ru does things b/c he cares for her. He doesn’t care about the husband/wife part. She does things b/c he is her husband and Saraansh s father. And not b/c of what she feels for him. 

Even when she flinches when Yuvi touches her, she always says she’s married. To her the sanctity of marriage means THAT much. Take away the marriage, we have no idea how she would react to his touch. Would she welcome it or would she be repulsed?? Does she welcome and seem to enjoy Ru’s touch simply b/c they are married and therefore she feels it’s allowed?? 

So since none of this is clear and since she continues to team up with Yuvi, it’s making some of us viewers afraid that the writers are going to drag this story and we may need to see her debate her feelings for Yuvi 🤢

Just wanted to clear the point u are trying to make about her welcoming Ru’s touch only out of obligation to marriage. I’m not sure if you are a new viewer or have seen the show from the beginning but in season 1 post Marriage she was very very against ru’s touch and kept warning him constantly. See the episodes the child protection service woman come over or the car scene that followed. 

It was in season 2 they gradually built to a point where she started to react to Ru’s touch, even when he asked her if she felt something, she kept denying it till she finally admitted to herself she can’t breathe and her heart races when he’s near to her. Her pov was shown where she admitted it.  So yes she’s reacting to him not out of marital obligation but reacting as a woman very obviously attracted to a man. You can see the party dance episode too. 

You sure you are watching the same show??

Also if it was marital obligation at this point wouldn’t she have just slept with him considering he’s her husband and saaransh’s father? 😒😒

Yhcfan1 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

lol definitely watching the same show although I can admit to glossing over many episodes in S1 since they were ridiculously OTT! 

What I wrote was: Even when she flinches when Yuvi touches her, she always says she’s married. To her the sanctity of marriage means THAT much. Take away the marriage, we have no idea how she would react to his touch. Would she welcome it or would she be repulsed?? Does she welcome and seem to enjoy Ru’s touch simply b/c they are married and therefore she feels it’s allowed?? 

I'm not saying that the only reason she allows Ru's touch is b/c of their marriage. It was meant to invoke questions into Pree's psyche. She clearly is attracted to Ru. But, the way she acts, I don't think we can rule out that she isn't attracted to Yuvi. She is more alive to the shitty person he is but it's still not enough for her to choose right over wrong in various instances. That's all I'm looking at and trying to figure out where the writers are taking this story. There's got to be a reason why they've been so reluctant to clarify her feelings for the man she's married to. I think she's confused and a part of that confusion is whatever her relationship was with Yuvi. 

The ONLY time we got to see Pree giddy with excitement and actually wanting a member of the opposite sex was in S1: she kept a picture of Yuvi, said he was her chahat, cried and was really sad when she thought he was going to ask someone else to marry him, and was bothered when that girl came into the hospital and Pree initially thought she was impregnated by Yuvi. We haven't had the pleasure of knowing what she's thinking when Ru is around apart from the couple of references to her heart beat quickening or her not being able to breathe. But that's attraction. It's not the same as wanting someone and wanting them to want you back like she did with Yuvi. 

And even the scenes you've mentioned when she didn't want Ru to touch her - that was her more annoyed at him than anything else. It wasn't disgust. It wasn't 'how dare you touch me?'. She sort of allowed it to a point b/c they were married. At that point, she wasn't even supposed to be alive and they sure as heck weren't friends and she just wanted to wait it out and get her kid back. But when Yuvi touches her - she allows it and when she does decide to stop it - it's always because she's married. Not because she finds him annoying. The show always has her saying he's crossing a line b/c she's married.  

So I'm not saying she only allows Ru's touch b/c they're married. She is attracted to him. But does she only stop Yuvi b/c she's married? That's more the issue here. She clearly had a crush on Yuvi and that doesn't just end. What happened to her feelings?? Does she think about them?? I know if this were real life, one would replay the convo her and Ru had before going to Rahul's house. But we never get to see her questioning or thinking anything. In real life, a girl or guy would re-live those moments and wonder what the person was about to say but this show hasn't done a good job of showing us what she's feeling at all. They've done a fantastic job developing Ru's journey from his childhood to now but for Pree - we don't know much at all apart from the big sacrifice in college and the fact that she really liked Yuvi. 

So what do you do with that when she has only declared her husband to be her best friend, and the fact that she only trusts Yuvi with all the big secrets of her life? 

Edited by Yhcfan1 - 3 years ago
Rusha_yhc1 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kashev

@bold - this exactly - the old tool has been overused quite a bit now! The strategy was good to begin with though - expose possible third wheel as negative to the viewers right from the beginning so as to avoid the shipping wars but keep one of the leads dumb so that the angle can be utilized for MU when the writers get lazy with writing. Lekin ab thoda zyada hi ho raha hai. 

Btw, looks like folks took your "Pree still loves Yuvraj" post too literally without appreciating the dark humor there! 😆

@red Exactly !!

@bold Haha obviously yaar😆 People mistook me for being a Preeraj shipper🤣 But anything that stimulates thoughts & debates is good for the forum, isn't it😉

But ya I appreciate someone here understanding & taking my post in the right sense.. BIG HUG to you 🤗🤗

Edited by Rusha_yhc1 - 3 years ago
kashev thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Rusha_yhc1

@red Exactly !!

@bold Haha obviously yaar😆 People mistook me for being a Preeraj shipper🤣 But anything that stimulates thoughts & debates is good for the forum, isn't it😉

But ya I appreciate someone here understanding & taking my post in the right sense.. BIG HUG to you 🤗🤗

Hahaha, of course!🤗

TheRevere thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Eloquent

@bold - agree completely. The only justification she gives is that she's married. TBH, they're making Preesha into a very monochromatic character who doesn't have any shades. Which is disappointing.

All FLs have this rabid urge to show they're pati vrata ness which is jarring with its OTT-ness.

TBH, Yuvraj or Rudraksh, looking at the way things are, Preesha herself is getting sidelined as a character despite begin a lead because her pov is simply not shown in this matter. She gets other sorts of scenes but when it comes to non platonic love, it's like it doesn't exist for her. She was earlier engaged to be married to Yuvraj. When he almost took her to the gallows, was a logical POV shown? No. We just got a very weird scene which made no sense and TBH most of us skipped the jail scenes due to OTT-ness.

Once Rudraksh forcefully married her, what did Preesha think of her broken engagement till to Yuvraj, about Yuvraj's selfishness and ruthlessness in throwing her in the snake's pit? What did she think that she could no longer be with Yuvraj as his wife and her life was ruined? Nothing.

It was just 'Saaransh ke liye' FL mahaanta.

Coming to Rudraksh, again the same pattern is repeated. Preesha just cannot be have any non platonic feelings. It's all very kiddish best friend or pati vrata sati savitri husband ke liye.

I guess what we're missing is Preesha as a woman , instead of the overdose of mother, wife daughter, DIL, ex-fiancee. She's pretty much restricted as a character. She sees all of Rudraksh's attempts till woo her, be intimate with her, acknowledge them in earlier times, but then never think that their relationship is at a different level? She never gets that he could be jealous and heartbroken if she's around Yuvraj?!

For a gynac who's been shown to be smart in other scenes, its unpalatable.

The problem is not whether Preesha loves Yuvraj or Rudraksh. The problem is that we're never given enough insight into her thoughts to conclusively prove either, which is a great disservice being done too both Preesha as a lead character & Sargun as an actress.

As always on point....the overall point of view is missing.