Did audience love or nepotism make Alia Bhatt who she is today?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

I was just going through Alia's filmography and most of her films are hits. Is it Karan Johar thrusting her down our throats, good content films that she is associated with or audience love that makes her successful?

Fullscreen-capture-26-06-2020-12830-bmp

Discuss.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShaliniTv thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3

Neither of these two, I am from South India, most of the people here does not knowAlia Bhatt even though she's successful! People who use Social media might have but the recent controversy got Alia a bad recognition which I agree is quite unfortunate! And fun fact is that most of us didn't know Mahesh Bhatt, and the first time I heard of him is when my grandfather talked about Parveen. Alia doesn't have a crazy fandom. Coming to Nepotism, I can partially agree Alia was forced down our throats, I mean she got award for Gully boy and after the debacle that SOTY made, if it's anyone else i don't think would have bagged second movie 🤷 And her fashion sense on most instances remind me of Deepika Padukone 🤷( Now don't bully me but it's my opinion, the bun and the Sabyasachi sarees 🤷🤷)

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

90% nepotism, and 10% the fact that her acting is at least average/passable, unlike many other nepo girls like Sonam, Twinkle or her sister Pooja 😂🤷🏽‍♀️

MOTHERHOOD thumbnail

Her stardom is totally manufactured by her adoptive father. People has no options other than liking her because she is always in news and in all big movies. If Pepsodent is the only toothpaste available in market then all people will buy it. They will think this is the best toothpaste available to mankind. Same is Alias popularity. She is the only option in a multiple choice question. 

Tinder thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I always find Alia highly overrated. She is a decent actor I believe but the craze around her absolutely irrational. There are far better actresses in the industry but Alia gets all the limelight because of KJO. She copies Kareena and doesn’t have her own style. She doesn’t even look good. I have seen her recent IG pictures, she looks old even though she is still in her late 20s. Maybe because of her excessive weight loss. She doesn’t deserve the number 1 title

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Anjalika01

90% nepotism, and 10% the fact that her acting is at least average/passable, unlike many other nepo girls like Sonam, Twinkle or her sister Pooja 😂🤷🏽‍♀️

Pooja Bhatt is much better actor than Alia. See some of her movies.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

I was just going through Alia's filmography and most of her films are hits. Is it Karan Johar thrusting her down our throats, good content films that she is associated with or audience love that makes her successful?

Fullscreen-capture-26-06-2020-12830-bmp

Discuss.

So many hits and super hits 

An she is the one who they wanted to die ? 😆😆 

anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

She literally shows up in every other ad - shes shoved down our throats on TV. That is why she is still relevant. Ads ads ads and upar se movies with all biggies on her platter. 

FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Alia is a good actress and was really good on some of her films. Problem is the industry and media try to ghusao her in areas where she isn't exactly good/skilled.

For example, her singing she is a terrible singer and it is intolerable hearing her sing or rap in every award show.

Second, her sexy avatar. That hookup song for instance made her look like a clown. I recently watched her tressemme ad. She is styled like those hot modelesque bw women like kat and Deepu. But Alia's high-pitched voice and childish mannerisms just make everything look odd.

Alia is basically best at those disturbed, screaming, clumsy, teen girl roles and lacks any sort of grace (kalank songs are proof) that is expected from quintessential BW heroines.

Edited by FilmiDhun - 3 years ago
Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: colossial2015

Pooja Bhatt is much better actor than Alia. See some of her movies.

Nah I’ll have to disagree... imo  Pooja was terrible in everything except Dil Hai Ki Maanta Nahi, where she was basically playing herself (clueless rich bratty girl 😂)

She definitely looked better than Aloo though, I’ll give her that 🤷🏽‍♀️