Rupkotha & Pakhi : Same fate?

A_for_Arpita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

Hello guys, this topic is about Rupkotha (In Bengali version) n Pakhi (In Hindi version). I want to know is it really Pakhi's FAULT if she turns negative/bitter towards Virat-Sai n her in laws? šŸ¤” I have followed the bengali serial till the end and trust me the character of Rupkotha (Pakhi) stole all my sympathy n support despite of Imon (Sai) being the actual female lead. In Bengali serial both the actresses (Rupkotha & Imon) were brilliant thus from my side there was no discrimination on the basis of acting, I discriminated them purely on the basis of their characterisation. I don't know what's in store for this Hindi version but till now everything is copy pasted from Bengali one so I am raising this question assuming that the fate of Pakhi is going to be almost similar to that of Rupkotha (After the death of her husband, she is going to marry someone else just to save Sai's married life and leave India). I personally respect the character of Rupkotha for her ultimate sacrifice but I believe she deserved better, in fact she suffered throughout the show without any fault of hers in my opinion.

Just imagine, you are in love with someone... But suddenly your marriage is fixed with another person who is none other than your lover's brother.  Your boyfriend/lover asks you to get married to his brother and refuses to acknowledge his relationship with you, then after your marriage your boyfriend all of a sudden lands with his newly married wife, that wife started behaving rudely with you as she too is aware about your past with her husband  and the best part, your in laws r not happy with you, your husband fails to impress you, there is ego clash going on between you n the new bride and your boyfriend/Dewar has successfully 'Friendzoned' you šŸ‘ still everyone on earth expects you to be polite and not bitter towards anyone 

I don't know how everyone in family blamed Rupkotha for her bitterness after successfully spoiling her whole life šŸ¤” Like seriously? šŸ¤¢ 

I seriously don't want same fate for Pakhi  plus this storyline will ruin the character of Virat. I mean that guy (Bengali male lead) was in love with Rupkotha, everyone including his wife Imon was aware about that still he used to friendzone her n even made it look like Rupkotha's one sided love šŸ¤Ŗ. 

Edited by Arpita_De - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I-Am-SherLOCKED thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

OH MY GOD- WHAT?? SAMRAT WILL DIE??

I guess I agree that there's no fault of Pakhi's but there's no fault of Sai's either. If it's anyone's fault, it's Virat who could have handled this whole thing a lot better but then we wouldn't have a show to watch, would we?

..Peppermint.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

My problem with thia whole thing is that Virat is neither her boyfriend nor her long time lover, they literally met days ago so i find the whole thing comicalšŸ¤”

Had they dated, even for some weeks, she'd deffo have my sympathy...

I-Am-SherLOCKED thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ..Peppermint..

My problem with thia whole thing is that Virat is neither her boyfriend nor her long time lover, they literally met days ago so i find the whole thing comicalšŸ¤”

EXACTLY! If they think this infatuation is pyaar, god knows how many times I've been in love till now šŸ¤£

Parakeet thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Ohh god! Did knew that it was like this... I don't know what hindi version holds in future but I don't feel that pakhi is at fault. 

People here were like if she loved Virat how can she go in and marry samrat( when she didn't know the relationship that Virat and samrat shared). Like really? We fall in love but sometimes it's not meant to be... That doesn't give us a right to quit living.. yes sometimes we don't forget our first love easily... But that doesn't make is be unhappy. We bcome happy gradually in the relationship that has chosen us or our parents have chosen. But here things are diff. When pakhi came To know she denied marrying samrat. But Virat... I guess I am a bit disappointed in him. Not only He's okay to ruin the lives of his brother n lover by shoving them in what's going to be a loveless marriage more so because of his own presence about them but also he is going on and promising pakhi that he won't love anyone else! Like what the hell is he bloody doingšŸ˜”

PS hi Arpi! Nice seeing you herešŸ˜Š

Edited by blackhole - 3 years ago
Sarcastic_me thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

I don't remember d whole story exactly but in bengali one roopkatha came to know abt rano n vice - versa on d day of d shaadi ryt??? In bengali version rano was not a cry baby here when ever I see either virat is crying or sad. I guess dey will not spoil virat characterization like dey did in bengali one because dis show is promoted on virat Starting from first promo 

Plus in bengali one dey took time to set things up at least one n half  month dey took. Here with in second week dey started d whole thing. Very rushed characterization 

Aegon thumbnail

Didn't watch other versions 

In this one, I do like Pakhi so far

No matter how much time she spent with Virat, She is in love with him, she would've moved on with Samrat, if Virat didnā€™t clear her misunderstandings or didnā€™t tell her that he loves her too

He is leading her on, he is the one using love she has for him to force her into marrying his brother

I know she won't get happy ending because she is the other woman and  Virat is shipped with Sai 

A_for_Arpita thumbnail

Originally posted by: I-Am-SherLOCKED

OH MY GOD- WHAT?? SAMRAT WILL DIE??

I guess I agree that there's no fault of Pakhi's but there's no fault of Sai's either. If it's anyone's fault, it's Virat who could have handled this whole thing a lot better but then we wouldn't have a show to watch, would we?

Yes I agree it's not the fault of Sai (Imon) either. The problem is with the guy who took the decision of everyone's life šŸ¤” Yes in Bengali version Rupkotha's husband Badsha died. I guess we would have still watch the show if Virat was unaware about Pakhi-Samrat marriage. Coincidences are any day better than purposely pushing someone in a particular situation. 

A_for_Arpita thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Peppermint..

Even in Bengali version there was no long term dating thing but there everything happened on the marriage day itself so there was basically no opportunity to back off and she couldn't move on with her feelings despite of being married.. Love needs time to grow but infatuation can happen instantly and here I guess the "Not getting the opportunity to express feelings" made those feelings of infatuation more stronger. šŸ˜†

A_for_Arpita thumbnail

Originally posted by: I-Am-SherLOCKED

EXACTLY! If they think this infatuation is pyaar, god knows how many times I've been in love till now šŸ¤£

šŸ¤£