Master chef Vikas Khanna taking a dig at PC?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kankabhor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

But Priyanka moved to the US at the age of 35 not 25😛

Edited by kankabhor - 3 years ago
Sense9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Dont think it’s a dig on PC. PC herself has admitted that she has an accent coach who helps her learn the way of speaking.

Anyhoo, what Vikas says is true. (Some) People dont only get an accent but also forget their native language in a week! 😆

Sometime back when I was pursuing my education out of India, I introduced myself to an Indian guy (who had just moved out of India, like me.)

he says he’s from Delhi, so I reply in Hindi to which he says “he doesnt know Hindi coz he is from Bengal.” Fair enough. Not everyone needs to know Hindi. My mother tongue is also not Hindi.

Since he mentioned Bengal, I spoke a little Bengali (have family there) to which he responds - “he doesnt know any Bengali coz he has been born and brought up in Delhi.”

So this guy has spent 20-25years in India and doesnt know any Indian language only English. 
I let it slide and some days later, lo and behold, he speaks in fluent Hindi with all our Indian classmates and also knows all pop culture, bollywood songs, movies everything,

LOL. Why so fake?

Lulzbolly thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I love when a guy takes a dig at women who try to be hip and cool

BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

PC can speak her native language and she speaks it very well so this obviously isn’t about her nor is he surrounded by her so change the title. 

Tbh I’ve always found this guy’s voice really weird. I wouldn’t have brought it up but since he’s so judgemental himself then I don’t feel bad bringing it up. 

Edited by Gauahargeous_N - 3 years ago
Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

I think its a generalized statement. Vikas has been in US since the longest time and I have never heard him fake an accent, even when he speaks English.

I had a classmate who lived his life in one of the Middle East countries but had an American accent. Few weeks later he was giving big big Hindi gaalis 🤣

K.Ahm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Lol so true, some people stay out for a year and all of a sudden they don’t know their native language or put up an accent when talking in their mother tongue. 

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Sense9

Dont think it’s a dig on PC. PC herself has admitted that she has an accent coach who helps her learn the way of speaking.

Anyhoo, what Vikas says is true. (Some) People dont only get an accent but also forget their native language in a week! 😆

Sometime back when I was pursuing my education out of India, I introduced myself to an Indian guy (who had just moved out of India, like me.)

he says he’s from Delhi, so I reply in Hindi to which he says “he doesnt know Hindi coz he is from Bengal.” Fair enough. Not everyone needs to know Hindi. My mother tongue is also not Hindi.

Since he mentioned Bengal, I spoke a little Bengali (have family there) to which he responds - “he doesnt know any Bengali coz he has been born and brought up in Delhi.”

So this guy has spent 20-25years in India and doesnt know any Indian language only English. 
I let it slide and some days later, lo and behold, he speaks in fluent Hindi with all our Indian classmates and also knows all pop culture, bollywood songs, movies everything,

LOL. Why so fake?

This guy sounds like my ex- colleague She even refused to acknowledge that she is a bengali. Later I understood she did not wanted to talk to me. I think its the same case with this guy. It does not wants your company.

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

I don't think it's a dig at all.... And pc did not acquire the accent to be hip.. I think she actually learnt it for the show

Sense9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: colossial2015

This guy sounds like my ex- colleague She even refused to acknowledge that she is a bengali. Later I understood she did not wanted to talk to me. I think its the same case with this guy. It does not wants your company.

i thought so too initially. he was in my hostel and later on we became friendly-ish. Also we were doing the same course/classes, that’s why we started talking.

But earlier he used to speak to me only in English 😆