Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Sense9

i thought so too initially. he was in my hostel and later on we became friendly-ish. Also we were doing the same course/classes, that’s why we started talking.

But earlier he used to speak to me only in English 😆

Oh I have met such people so many times.

They are most easy to up sell anything expensive. They will get it to show off at their social media profiles.

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

Uggh I've seen the trend a lot here in UK. Folks(esp girls) in my team who've hardly been here for an year or so try so hard to copy the accent. Sounds jarring. 

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Nah, not a dig at PC. She still knows her native language pretty damn well and often flaunts it. Sad to hear that’s what others do to fit in though. Because the sad reality is even if you speak fluent English, you’re being judged for your Indian accent/fake American accent so you may as well own it.

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: trouble_006

Uggh I've seen the trend a lot here in UK. Folks(esp girls) in my team who've hardly been here for an year or so try so hard to copy the accent. Sounds jarring. 

Funny that, because the Chinese students who make up such a large proportion of many top British universities will always be found speaking Mandarin with one another. Almost at the expense of excluding others. But anyway, those Indian students will rear their head once a year for a “Happy Dee-wali” type post with a diya in their hands.😆

canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

What these people don't realize is that us folks who speak English natively can spot a fake accent very quickly. You can put on this thick Canadian/American/British etc. accent but there are inflections and pronunciations that they just can't fake and we hear it. Just be yourself, faking things gets tiring and you aren't fooling anyone anyways.

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

I think its a generalized statement. Vikas has been in US since the longest time and I have never heard him fake an accent, even when he speaks English.

I had a classmate who lived his life in one of the Middle East countries but had an American accent. Few weeks later he was giving big big Hindi gaalis 🤣

Lol I know a very rich Indian girl who lived in  India till she was like 7 or 8 and then settled in Wales... but she has neither Indian accent nor an Welsh accent and talks like an American 🤣🤣

Seems to think both Indian accents and Welsh accents aren't cool or classy enough for some reason... pathetic 😵