Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Pandemic happened but yet he did some music videos and insta promotions ( paid ones ) and now he is doing BB , which is work only ( getting around 30 lakh for two weeks )  .... 

It’s more than enough work in pandemic when everything was shut and people are still struggling. 

s2397 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Bas ghum phir ke bb main agaya wapas... He'll ruin this season also. 

ashi_lovely thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

To be honest last season ended in the month of February and in March lockdown happened so how is he gonna get work?

Jay_tapori thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: InspectorShirke

Literally like the guy can't even get a single web series. I think his stint in BB has inflated his ego and no director wants to work with him now.

bhai ki movie mei i expected he will get a role...

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

What type of job are talking about? Because his acting is nothing great. Not that you need good acting on tv. 

WhtsinAname thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: EtherealRati

Because there is a pandemic which happened in the country and the industry was closed for around 3 to 4 months. And obviously that led to budget issues in industry as well.  February mein big boss ended. Feb end mein he shot for mujhse shaadi karoge. He was invited as a celebrity guest in manthan 2020. March mein he shooted for bhula dunga music video and mirchi awards. Industry closed and opened in july. In btw, he shot for two videos....one ekta's and one rap video for spreading awareness regarding corona from home. Did another music video after industry opened.....and then again a part of big boss and has taken a huge amount for it. I have heard he is in talks with ekta for a web series named broken but beautiful. The cast hasn't been revealed abhi though. He has been part of that one hospital press conferences too where he was invited as chief guest too....if i am not wrong, brahma kumari hospital it is. 

Apart from that....during the whole quarantine period....he has been advertising so many brands including @mamaearth, @villain perfumes, kurkure, mountain dew, oppo phones, pepsi, daawat basmati, adda52 app, an icecream brand (i forgot name), BNaturalsFruitBeverages, junglee rummy app, upichalega and more.(I am sure i might have missed some). Hotstar has also been paying him to promote two of their web series .....and even darshan raval asked him to promote his song ( i am not sure about this being a monetory exchange or not). But i think he has earned a lot. And i dont find all this above not getting work.....baaki to each its own. Sabka apna apna opinion....what i feel is that with the popularity he has now....he will definitely get good work in future too. 

Don't get me wrong. See even I know all the things you just said. In terms of ads he has done quite a lot of promotions and yes two MVs too.  I don't count the music videos done for Ekta and stage appearances as significant work. But you are also ryt dt pandemic struck so everyone had to sit at home. 

I won't say he hasn't signed anything big yet bcz of his behaviour or anything but it's a fact dt he hasn't signed anything big as of yet. BBB 3 has still not confirmed it's casting. Usually after BB these people get good offers . Dipika went on and signed a show just as BB got over. Hina's career has been moving forward since BB. But unfortunately for season 13 contestants......no such thing has happened as of yet. Industry is up and running now for months . I will say pandemic buffered their fame from BB.

But everything said......I am sure they ( all of them from season 13 ) still have time to get better projects. 

WhtsinAname thumbnail

Originally posted by: hiraa221

Because some prefer quantity and others prefer quality

Nothing against Sid and his getting or not getting work but BB is not quality either in my opinion. It's just gud money.

WhtsinAname thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheNepaliArtist

lol a decade-long TV veteran cushioned his way all the way to the trophy despite being the worst contestant in the history of the show is now being compared to a guy who nobody even knew about a year ago. "Girlfriend ke waje se" favoritism feels like weird complaint coming from a Shukla defender πŸ˜†

My opinion:

- He has (unfortunately, for him) aged out of the starmaking age-bracket to be given massive launchpads, whether on TV or movies. Personally, I think he would be great as an action type star in a show - maybe a cop/spy drama type, so web-series might be the way to go for him. 

- The non-BB audience will have a hard time accepting Shukla, especially after all the kaands he has done in BB13. Inevitably, we know clips and shots of his violence, misogynistic language, demeaning language, bullying nature, bitching, justification of laziness, etc. will come out if he comes in the limelight, especially via rival fandoms. I remember once he was roughing up Sana when she was crying to quiet her down and he almost got cancelled by prominent feminist Twitter handles. Thankfully (for the show!), Mahira slapped Paras the same week so Salman just used both the cases at once to deliver a message about physicality. That was a close one, and creative is definitely intelligent enough to know that this wouldn't work outside the BB bubble.

- I know it sounds classist, but the truth is massy audiences will accept emotional reasons for bad behavior more easily. "He seems rough but he has a heart of gold" is an archetype that people easily sway to, even though its entirely irrelevant in cases of rule breaking/bad behavior/crime etc. in society. Additionally, they are also more susceptible to one-sided promo edits, etc. When Salman says things like "You are running the whole show!", Salman's authority carries enough weight that they believe his perspective. A more educated audience understands that he is 'running' the show because he is the menace of the house who is annoying everybody, and thus they are all talking about/arguing with him.

- Simply observing one's body language and non-verbal cues is plenty to decipher that the housemates last year (including Shuklis) do find him repulsive at times. Mahira is a perfect example. She began to tolerate and ignore the very things she used to protest in the beginning of the show once the favoritism became clear. People like Tehseen Poonahwala were clearly annoyed with his bullying attitude in the house but are all praises for him now outside, once again because the favoritism became clear. So the goodwill is actually very surface level. Someone even pointed out a few days ago ki the new season wale housemates are already beginning to cover their noses when Shukla talks to them. These things matter in your career. Goodwill goes a long way, and only Manisha/Viacom seems to push Shukla. 

Realistically - I think Shukla will star as a lead in a Voot-produced web series once the pandemic is over. Can't see him doing anything prominent in movies, TV kelie I don't think he is a good fit anymore unless some mature roles are written for a lead, and he has run out of reality shows produced by the company that can rig it for him lol

I like how you have explained your points. Realistic and unbiased.

Just one thing......I think his age isn't a barrier for getting a lead role in a TV series or web series. A lot of actors hv recently made come back wid really gud shows.......Manav Gohil , Varun Badola , Iqbal Khan , Juhi parmar , Shweta Tiwari and many more. Honestly it's a gud trend .......gud actors are getting to play leads inspite of their age or time in the Industry.

fitoori_kudi thumbnail

His personality is a big factor in making him berozgar tabhi baar baar sasural wale dahej mein kam de dete hia 

theBoyWonder thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: InspectorShirke

After BB13, He's been in a few videos that's all but he hasn't got any work. Why? Is he the most nalla BB winner?

he got those videos because of his Sana angle, otherwise he has no value whatsoever πŸ˜†