Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cory thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

If he had brains like he used to bang on about his degree he wuld have put it to use, or invested years back into shares/properties accumulate income streams slowly, but he has no brains for it, because he wants to be in the media spotlight which is not working for him never will now because age isnt on his side now, and with his attitude no man will employ him on a long term basis, that attitude only works in bigg boss not outside but the man is so done out that he can't even change his basic animal instincts, aint no such thing as evolution in his books. So he'll keep getting humiliated outside 

TheNepaliArtist thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aruna.negi

Runner up ne kaun se kaam kar liya. Unhone bhi videos hi ki hain woh bhi gf k waje se.

lol a decade-long TV veteran cushioned his way all the way to the trophy despite being the worst contestant in the history of the show is now being compared to a guy who nobody even knew about a year ago. "Girlfriend ke waje se" favoritism feels like weird complaint coming from a Shukla defender πŸ˜†

My opinion:

- He has (unfortunately, for him) aged out of the starmaking age-bracket to be given massive launchpads, whether on TV or movies. Personally, I think he would be great as an action type star in a show - maybe a cop/spy drama type, so web-series might be the way to go for him. 

- The non-BB audience will have a hard time accepting Shukla, especially after all the kaands he has done in BB13. Inevitably, we know clips and shots of his violence, misogynistic language, demeaning language, bullying nature, bitching, justification of laziness, etc. will come out if he comes in the limelight, especially via rival fandoms. I remember once he was roughing up Sana when she was crying to quiet her down and he almost got cancelled by prominent feminist Twitter handles. Thankfully (for the show!), Mahira slapped Paras the same week so Salman just used both the cases at once to deliver a message about physicality. That was a close one, and creative is definitely intelligent enough to know that this wouldn't work outside the BB bubble.

- I know it sounds classist, but the truth is massy audiences will accept emotional reasons for bad behavior more easily. "He seems rough but he has a heart of gold" is an archetype that people easily sway to, even though its entirely irrelevant in cases of rule breaking/bad behavior/crime etc. in society. Additionally, they are also more susceptible to one-sided promo edits, etc. When Salman says things like "You are running the whole show!", Salman's authority carries enough weight that they believe his perspective. A more educated audience understands that he is 'running' the show because he is the menace of the house who is annoying everybody, and thus they are all talking about/arguing with him.

- Simply observing one's body language and non-verbal cues is plenty to decipher that the housemates last year (including Shuklis) do find him repulsive at times. Mahira is a perfect example. She began to tolerate and ignore the very things she used to protest in the beginning of the show once the favoritism became clear. People like Tehseen Poonahwala were clearly annoyed with his bullying attitude in the house but are all praises for him now outside, once again because the favoritism became clear. So the goodwill is actually very surface level. Someone even pointed out a few days ago ki the new season wale housemates are already beginning to cover their noses when Shukla talks to them. These things matter in your career. Goodwill goes a long way, and only Manisha/Viacom seems to push Shukla. 

Realistically - I think Shukla will star as a lead in a Voot-produced web series once the pandemic is over. Can't see him doing anything prominent in movies, TV kelie I don't think he is a good fit anymore unless some mature roles are written for a lead, and he has run out of reality shows produced by the company that can rig it for him lol

greatsaleen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: InspectorShirke

After BB13, He's been in a few videos that's all but he hasn't got any work. Why? Is he the most nalla BB winner?

His reputation precedes him. He is damn difficult to work with, there have been sexual harassment allegations against him, drug and alcohol abuse issues, run in with the law...list is long. He would be a liability for any producer. 

otherwise with his fan following he should have scored a web series at least. 

InspectorShirke thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheNepaliArtist

lol a decade-long TV veteran cushioned his way all the way to the trophy despite being the worst contestant in the history of the show is now being compared to a guy who nobody even knew about a year ago. "Girlfriend ke waje se" favoritism feels like weird complaint coming from a Shukla defender πŸ˜†

My opinion:

- He has (unfortunately, for him) aged out of the starmaking age-bracket to be given massive launchpads, whether on TV or movies. Personally, I think he would be great as an action type star in a show - maybe a cop/spy drama type, so web-series might be the way to go for him. 

- The non-BB audience will have a hard time accepting Shukla, especially after all the kaands he has done in BB13. Inevitably, we know clips and shots of his violence, misogynistic language, demeaning language, bullying nature, bitching, justification of laziness, etc. will come out if he comes in the limelight, especially via rival fandoms. I remember once he was roughing up Sana when she was crying to quiet her down and he almost got cancelled by prominent feminist Twitter handles. Thankfully (for the show!), Mahira slapped Paras the same week so Salman just used both the cases at once to deliver a message about physicality. That was a close one, and creative is definitely intelligent enough to know that this wouldn't work outside the BB bubble.

- I know it sounds classist, but the truth is massy audiences will accept emotional reasons for bad behavior more easily. "He seems rough but he has a heart of gold" is an archetype that people easily sway to, even though its entirely irrelevant in cases of rule breaking/bad behavior/crime etc. in society. Additionally, they are also more susceptible to one-sided promo edits, etc. When Salman says things like "You are running the whole show!", Salman's authority carries enough weight that they believe his perspective. A more educated audience understands that he is 'running' the show because he is the menace of the house who is annoying everybody, and thus they are all talking about/arguing with him.

- Simply observing one's body language and non-verbal cues is plenty to decipher that the housemates last year (including Shuklis) do find him repulsive at times. Mahira is a perfect example. She began to tolerate and ignore the very things she used to protest in the beginning of the show once the favoritism became clear. People like Tehseen Poonahwala were clearly annoyed with his bullying attitude in the house but are all praises for him now outside, once again because the favoritism became clear. So the goodwill is actually very surface level. Someone even pointed out a few days ago ki the new season wale housemates are already beginning to cover their noses when Shukla talks to them. These things matter in your career. Goodwill goes a long way, and only Manisha/Viacom seems to push Shukla. 

Realistically - I think Shukla will star as a lead in a Voot-produced web series once the pandemic is over. Can't see him doing anything prominent in movies, TV kelie I don't think he is a good fit anymore unless some mature roles are written for a lead, and he has run out of reality shows produced by the company that can rig it for him lol

Even Tuli too. She used to give it back to him in the house but became a full blown Shukli outside the show.

hasini009 thumbnail

kaam  toh kar raha hai. girls ke body pe tattoo banana, unke saath romance karna.... wo sab kaam* hi toh hainπŸ˜†

*work wala kaam nahiπŸ˜†

EtherealRati thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Because there is a pandemic which happened in the country and the industry was closed for around 3 to 4 months. And obviously that led to budget issues in industry as well.  February mein big boss ended. Feb end mein he shot for mujhse shaadi karoge. He was invited as a celebrity guest in manthan 2020. March mein he shooted for bhula dunga music video and mirchi awards. Industry closed and opened in july. In btw, he shot for two videos....one ekta's and one rap video for spreading awareness regarding corona from home. Did another music video after industry opened.....and then again a part of big boss and has taken a huge amount for it. I have heard he is in talks with ekta for a web series named broken but beautiful. The cast hasn't been revealed abhi though. He has been part of that one hospital press conferences too where he was invited as chief guest too....if i am not wrong, brahma kumari hospital it is. 

Apart from that....during the whole quarantine period....he has been advertising so many brands including @mamaearth, @villain perfumes, kurkure, mountain dew, oppo phones, pepsi, daawat basmati, adda52 app, an icecream brand (i forgot name), BNaturalsFruitBeverages, junglee rummy app, upichalega and more.(I am sure i might have missed some). Hotstar has also been paying him to promote two of their web series .....and even darshan raval asked him to promote his song ( i am not sure about this being a monetory exchange or not). But i think he has earned a lot. And i dont find all this above not getting work.....baaki to each its own. Sabka apna apna opinion....what i feel is that with the popularity he has now....he will definitely get good work in future too. 

Angel_Shweta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

bb khatam hone ke 2 months baad toh corona shuru ho gya tha. waise he did some music videos. But koi major kam nhi mila. πŸ˜ƒ 

InspectorShirke thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ANGELshweta

bb khatam hone ke 2 months baad toh corona shuru ho gya tha. waise he did some music videos. But koi major kam nhi mila. πŸ˜ƒ 

People like Asim worked in the same time. 

PyaasiChudail69 thumbnail

Shukla ka nh pata, though we are in the middle of  pandemic incase see you missed it. Par ha forum zaroor out of discussion hota agar Shukla nh hota.

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: PyaasiChudail69

Shukla ka nh pata, though we are in the middle of  pandemic incase see you missed it. Par ha forum zaroor out of discussion hota agar Shukla nh hota.

IKR πŸ˜†