Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

oa2019 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: durga33

no lol I don't watch Indian tv shows as it takes a lot of time to invest in especially with how long it runs. i understand hun πŸ˜†Back I wanted to say back to your topic the ML has indeed showed toxic masculinity behavior. It was especially displayed during the Switzerland track. When he stalked her, getting aggressive and possessive and when he was manhandling her. If they were trying to show the character grief or angst they did a poorly job at that because in no way did I sympathize nor felt anything but hate. eventhough i hated the swiss track his behaviour kind of made sense to me 🀨 (except the slap) Anu is Mohini's son therefore will have inherited some of her traits & thought processes. the makers simply highlighted them here,  selfishness,  entitlement ,revenge etc. what i hated was how their were no repurcussions at the end of them. at the very least he should have grovelled & begged for forgiveness before getting the girl πŸ˜’ it's too damn easy for them πŸ™„

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: aryapdane

Hard agree on everything you said. 

@bold-- I have been baffled by this constant comment that regressive content sells because people have a demand for it. Well, if the law that supply should meet the demand is true, surely we need to consider the law that every product creates its own demand. What I am trying to say using ill thought economics analogies is that until very recently the same was being said of Bollywood movies. People said that we only want to see over the top masala movies and don't care for a well written story. However it just took few courageous film makers to make movies that did not fulfill the masala movie genre and now we see a trend where well made movies with good scripts are doing well on box office than masala movies which are helmed by the biggest stars. It debunked the myth that only stars sell movies. Now quality is the parameter. 

And the same could become true for TV as well. I'm not even asking for a dramatic change. For starters, all production houses could just make it a policy that the female lead of their shows will not get slapped by the male lead. And if there is a slap, there will be repercussions. It won't be brushed off under the carpet with a 'sorry'. Small changes. But it could have a large impact on our population. 

Bang on πŸ‘ I dont feel the motivation for adding anything but since it's about content , you're so so correct . 

They say we create shows for masses , bec this is what sells, audiences say this is what the itv is , give or take , this is what we r getting so deal with it. It's a vicious cycle . Besides kzk2, I haven't come across a trashier show in recent times .a prime time show with popular leads , stellar cast and a producer. Things were not so bad ,half way through god knows what bugged them..

Problem.is , ml and fl may be like these but at least bring SOME kind of variation in their behavior sometimes. Kuch toh akal ka use karte, kabhi toh kar lete to make it believable. I dont have an issue with weak characters but where a man who is educated  , he has clout , money, power , and in the serial they said he is smart also, why does he have to be weak? A well educated woman who is courageous etc etc why does she have to be at her man's feet worshipping him? Their biggest mistake , they never really considered the option of a third man or a woman , thy made the third angels so ridiculous that audience were like "stay with each other and ruin each others life for all I care" . People can be good at heart , they can be shrewd at the same time , selfish, go getters. Ye thodi na hai ke ya hero hota hai ya villain. Ya heroine ya vamp. Nothing in between . N yahan villain n vamp ko they show as serial killers or clowns. N leads ko they show as dumb ppl who only talk about love  action mein zero.

They made diya adopted. Hadh hai.  Rofl ! Anurag is ThE man bec he didnt touch any other women. Big deal, which generation are we living in ? Leads dont care for social weddings still they wasted 5 mins in the last epi to do the formalities. Why?the fl went from I hate you to I always loved you after hearing his sob story in 5 mins. No questions asked  , no answers seeked, no apology demanded no apology rendered. 

Seriously, how does it matter how it ended , tg it ended . The journey of lovers was pathetic so to speak. N this is one of the rare serials for whom I am saying this. I am a sucker for happy endings, audience deserve it if they invest their emotions in the characters. But arre , journey toh theek dikhao unki.  

This is where kzk2 failed ..its not like bhagyas or rishtas or top rated serials have stellar stories . Thy work bec thy create a balance. Hero heroine do foolishness also, sometimes they're smart , sometimes clever n villains vamps too  , their is an arc for them ..that's daily entertainment. Kabhi bekar bhi hua kuch epis , audience dont mind. They correct it. Here is was never corrected.

Edited by _charu_ - 3 years ago
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Plus I wanna add , itv will def go through a transformation  as in, limited epis format may be brought in soon , but our characters wont change. Bec they dont show them real. They show them larger than life. And since we indians value the family, love , marriages , emotions a lot , max dramas are centered around emotions only . Career etc may be the way of life for men and women both but they wont show it on screen . As I said they wont go for too much of realism . 

Limited epis format mein the producer and channel gets greedy once their drama is a success. They may not realize that with the suspense factor and waiting for the next season , they may earn even more for the hype it will create. Jinn was quite good n if it ended at the right time  as planned , audience would be waiting for a s2. But they stretched it and now everyone lost interest bec the leads were butchered that way. They have created the web shows now  , to cater to short stories but wahan bhi ek na gand hi faila rakha hai with her "different themes". Some of her shows were really nice in the beginning n with more seasons added , lost charm. If there r any better web shows out there ,plz feel free to suggest. Lol

aryapdane thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: durga33

you forgot the part where they use god as a symbolism in story lines to show a man and a woman are soulmates which is distasteful. There are many other things that tell people whether a person is right for them or not. Also using god music as a background theme just doesn't fit in and makes it all even more cringeworthy. Indian television truly lives in the old ages sad;y. Hopefully in the future one day it will change and the audience has to be a big part of that change. They need to reject such stories and not just ship people together because they have good chemistry or look good together. 

Ah yes, the God symbolisms. To think that in 21st century we have flying chunri of Durga mata and what not, as if the goddess is anxiously looking down from the heavens to show the male and female lead are meant to be.. Ugghh, seriously? Could this show have been more terrible?

aryapdane thumbnail

Originally posted by: oa2019

smiley32you articulate points so beautifully. i read somewhere that a true soulmate is one who works hard day & night, alongside their partner, to create their heaven on earth. that is poignant to me. everything needs hard work & dedication to prosper & grow. if only one puts all the effort in & the other doesn't... well that bicycle is going nowhere then.  (apologise for the crappy metaphor)

I'm guilty of wanting or liking the idea of a truly romantic, earth shattering romance existing  but understand that real life is different. you can show this type of romance on ITV but you should also show realistic aspects of love & relationships as well. the closest KZK had got to it was Moloy & Mohini πŸ™„

also not everyone's first relationship or marriage works out, does that mean they should give up & resign themselves to a life of loneliness? absolutely not. there odds nothing wrong with moving on & finding love again. it's called 'being human' 

I like earth shattering romances too! I'm such a sucker for Romcoms LOL. But even romcoms show a more realistic depiction of romance than this show ever did. The idea of Anurag and Prerna's love story is laughable. There was zero tension for me because Anurag and Prerna are just one more variant of the standard ITV couple. The rich thoughtful boy and the sweet selfless girl. They are in love because mata's chunri fell on them. They should stay together because without each other they'd trip and no one will be there to stop them from falling on their faces. And then the other problematic elements just make this ridiculous love story all the more terrible. 

You're right about Moloy and Mohini. Now that's a love story I want to see happen on my TV screen. Both are deliciously flawed but they work when they are together. But this show had to ruin even that for me.

Hari73 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Very sensible post tmπŸ‘

This is very common in patriarchical society.   Glorifying n justifying men in every possible way and finding fault in female even in her good things.

E.g.. reaction on prerna saving anu in car accident (though it was very dramatical), and fans called her irresponsible mother instead of praising her bravery.     And some fans accusing prerna that she was sleeping in same room with bajaj.  So disgusting views on female.  But I hv not seen any such accusations on anurag.  

And I really hope fans thinking is limited to this serial and actor.  Hope they don't apply their thinking in real life.  

Hari73 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Eri-Kavana

Superb post. Agree with you completely.

It's exactly what is happening which you've felt here. You should go to Twitter, almost all ML supporters are blaming FL for not understanding ML as to why he pushed her from the bridge. How majboor he was. During the temple confrontation, when Pre repeatedly blames him of pushing her from bridge, they were like Anu shud push her from the stairs & just leave from there. They were so insensitive towards Pre😑😭

I so wished to see in the end anurag on his knees asking forgiveness.  But it's ok..show had no time and consoling myself that thankfully cvs didnot show pre forgiving immediately n they showed pre not trusting anu.  Some mercies theresmiley36

aryapdane thumbnail

Originally posted by: Brule

Absolutely. The people who watch the Netflixes and the Primes are an audience class the ITV shows just don’t appeal to. Why not make finite meaningful shows maybe even seasonal formats instead of these TV shows which go on forever. This concept of forever will make the characters inconsistent, and the reliance on TRP via fandoms of actors.

Any form of violence on TV should not be appreciated, with men and women. TV is such a powerful medium to dispel stereotypes but it is like no one is willing to try. Probably they look for an incentive or a regulation from the government else they all just let the status quo be. Holding a mirror up to society hinders commercial interests and nowadays the fine line of political balance one needs to maintain.  

Finite shows are what we need. We have tried emulating the West in everything so why not adopt this too? Otherwise it's impossible to write these shows, what with the trp trends demanding that everything be changed at the drop of a hat. Kzk2 had the added burden of not having been written at all to it's shoulders. It was like people would show up on sets and go, "what do we do today?". Also the serial suffered because it never tried to create a fanbase of itself. No one watched KZK2 for the show. Everyone watched it for their favorite star. No wonder the ratings of the show fluctuated so much. 

About the violence aspect, you're right. It just takes a collective stand by people to create awareness about these abhorrent elements. However, as you said, without regulations from the government, nothing will happen. They'd do anything to make money. 

Eri-Kavana thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hari73

I so wished to see in the end anurag on his knees asking forgiveness.  But it's ok..show had no time and consoling myself that thankfully cvs didnot show pre forgiving immediately n they showed pre not trusting anu.  Some mercies theresmiley36

Ditto.... I felt the same way, when Prerna was not buying his story, I thot he will go on his knees. But as you said, its OK, Pre didn't forgive very easily. Thank god  for that, I wud've been happy if she had taken class of bajaj as well.

I felt they shud've made this last episode 1hr spl, they cud've shown Pre confronting bajaj, Pre meeting Sneha, mohinin apologizing & doing aarti of the new bahu & welcoming Pre inside the house.

Edited by Eri-Kavana - 3 years ago
Hari73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Eri-Kavana

Ditto.... I felt the same way, when Prerna was not buying his story, I thot he will go on his knees. But as you said, its OK, Pre didn't forgive very easily. Thank god  for that, I wud've been happy if she had taken class of bajaj as well.

I felt they shud've made this last episode 1hr spl, they cud've shown Pre confronting bajaj, Pre meeting Sneha, mohinin apologizing & doing aarti of the new bahu & welcoming Pre inside the house.

But they wanted to give kauki more ss.  May be kauki had paid them to be part of this show..πŸ˜†