Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shils28 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Fabulous! 

A request: Whenever you update a new chapter, can you you please update the title along with chapter number and date? It will be easy for us to know about latest chapter. Otherwise new updates are missed.

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Anjali thinks Akash is behind Khushi. Why was he blushing when Khushi approached?

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Please update the thread title when you update so that it’s easier to keep track.

Sakhi2013 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Welcome back. I hope all is well

Another wonderful story ..

Take care..

Mimima thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Sakhi2013

Welcome back. I hope all is well

Another wonderful story ..

Take care..

Thank you dear....

Dont know what had happened... as they call it, authors freeze😂

Hope you enjoy this story too

Mimima thumbnail

Originally posted by: kizh72

Please update the thread title when you update so that it’s easier to keep track.

Hi dear...

I tried but with the new format... I am yet to learn how to do it

Mimima thumbnail

Originally posted by: shils28

Fabulous! 

A request: Whenever you update a new chapter, can you you please update the title along with chapter number and date? It will be easy for us to know about latest chapter. Otherwise new updates are missed.

Thank you dear.

I will try and do that. Tried it last time, but couldn't understand the new version of indiaforums...

Will try again

Mimima thumbnail

Originally posted by: coderlady

Anjali thinks Akash is behind Khushi. Why was he blushing when Khushi approached?

Anjali is always making a mountain of mole hill... well  Akash is in Payaland... I wanted to  convey, anything related to Payal makes him go ga ga

Mimima thumbnail

Part 7

“I will never ever fast in my life. How will my fast bring good health to my non existing husband” it was  the 26th time Khushi was grumbling at the top of her voice.

“Jiji, what was the use of asking her to fast. She is still a child.” Shashi smiled looking at her antics. 

“You keep quiet, its all because of you she is now sitting on top if your head, she is 22, all her friends are getting married and she is still a child. Yeh lo... sanka Devi (take this ). Only your Devi maiyya can give you some buddhi.  Payaliya,... ”  Buaji blessed her handing her a  Sari.

It was a beautiful gift from Buaji. Red sari with orange thread work for Khushi, Payal’s, a green sari with yellow chicken work. 

“Buaji,  who said I will not fast. I will fast every teej. Tel me about other festivals, I will fast on those days too..” Khushi hugged Buaji until she shouted. “Oh Parameshwari, are planning on breaking my bones..   leave me..”

“Oh Buaji, I can’t reach them don’t worry, your Nand kishore has given you hatta katta good health” Khushi ducked and ran, before Buaji could smack her.

“Buaji. That reminds me, you are still young and jawan, Anjali ji was asking if she can find someone, shall I talk to her for you” Khushi winked at her father, making fun of her Buaji, all the while admiring the sari,  removing the folds to see the work on it.

Folding the washed clothes, Payal, laughed at her sister, “Pagli (silly)..”

“Be serious about somethings at least Khushi” Garima slapped her shoulder. “Was it for Payal, What did you say to  Anjali.”

Payals ears shot up. 

“Amma, don’t worry, I have told her not to proceed. Though she is very sweet, you know what their circle is. All high fi, with loads of money and even more than that - arrogance.” 

“That's good Khushi because I don’t want to get married now. Let us settle properly before we can think of my marriage. I want to help Babuji and Buaji in their business ” Payal moved to the rooms carrying the folded clothes to stack them away in wardrobes.

“Oh Shashi,  look what these two...” Buaji stopped. She knew he was not listening. After one broken, Shashi was a wise man. He knew things would happen, all in good time. His new sweet shop next to happy ji’s garage had started taking a solid foundation. He wanted to give his daughters the best. Not a spineless creature hidden behind his mum asking for dowry.

“Khushi, the temple is so busy. Have you got your mobile. Don’t sneak around and go eating. Just a few more minutes now.. “ Payal paid the autowala while Khushi searched here and there, not aware of what she was looking for.  

“Jiji, you go ahead, I will meet you near the pigeon stall. I will buy the things for the prayer.” Khushi already stood at a stall, leaving Payal behind to make her way.

Making her way towards the steps of the temple, Payal was surprised when someone held her hands, “Arrey Payal ji how come you are here”. Payal smiled and pressed Anjail’s  hands returning the friendly gesture.

“Hello Anjali ji. This is the usual temple we normally visit for all the festivals. How are you feeling? How come you are here, I've never seen you here before.”

“Akash insisted we come to this temple and I must agree, it is very peaceful here, ofcourse today being festival its busy. Have you come alone? You look beautiful.” Anjali held Payal for support to climb the stairs. 

“Khushi will be here soon with the items for prayers” Payal helped her to the top. 

Anjali gave a broad smile, “Really, Akash has gone too. Good, he can meet her there.” And she winked, puzzling Payal. “Are you both fasting?”

Payal giggled,  “I'm afraid Khushi might have already broken her fast. I made sure until now, but she ran away from me to the shops. That girl has eaten all our heads since morning” 

“Don't worry then, Akash is there for her. Come let’s go” 

Payal looked more puzzled now. Somewhere it didn't sit well with her. What was Anjali ji trying to say?

Khushi made her way towards the pigeon stall. She stood arrested, refusing to move her gaze away. Laughing and playing with Arun was Arnav in a new avatar. Arnav turned around and froze. The world stopped for him.  He continued to look at her, trying to make sense of what’s happening to him. Confusion marred his forehead. Calendar photo shoot, similar feelings had engulfed him.

“Khushi didi, you are also here? See we have freed that kabootar  (pigeon)” Arun pointed his little finger up the sky. Distracted by the little boy, Khushi forced herself to take her eyes off Arnav and look up. The evening sun blinded her dizzy, she held her head and swayed, going unconscious ... what followed was just a blur. 

No sooner had she swayed, Arnav ran to her, down the stairs, avoiding the other devotee’s stares and grabbed her in his iron grip. He carried her to a nearby bench, a visibly upset Arun tagging behind him. “Arun, give me your water bottle”

A tiny bottle sprang from his tiny backpack which was stuffed with his colours, cars, bikes, sweets, napkins... his important things.

Feeding her a few sips he sprinkled some on her face. Few seconds on, crunching her eyes, Khushi opened her eyes slowly. She was confused. What was that feeling. She could feel his hot breath fanning her face, her hand encased in his huge one, feeling the  warmth . She looked into his eyes for answers. She can see desire in his eyes, covered with anger and dismissal. He is aware of the attraction, the pull he feels towards her, but dismisses the weakness.  

It was too much to take in for the little one.  “Didi Didi, are you ok? Do you want some more water?” jutting the bottle into her face. Tearing her eyes away, she cast a loving look at Arun, her hand still intact in his hold. 

“Khushi, are you ok?” Arnav asked with genuine concern, “do you still feel dizzy?”

“ Do you know Annav maama carried you like a superman.” That’s when she realised what had happened. Pulling her hand from his grip, she closed her mouth, nodding, no no complaining to herself “Hey Devi maiyya, you can’t count that. I didn’t drink myself. Please forgive me..” 

How dare she pull her hand away? Anger took over. “Can’t you be a bit sensible? You women are all the same. If you don’t have the strength why do you have to fast? All this nonsense. “ Arnav was angry at his sister who had insisted on fasting in her condition, but was eventuality forced out of it .  

“Dekhiye (look) ” Khushi raised her palm to stop him. “Thank you for helping. But I did not ask you for it. If you didn’t want to you should have left me.” Looking here and there, ”move, let me go, my jiji will be waiting.”

“Who is stopping you? Learn to walk two steps, then give your speech ” Arnav seethed before letting her go at her. 

Khushi ignored him and walked to the main temple “God knows where jiji has gone. This Laad governor,  why did her have to break my fast..  hey Devi maiyya. That is not my fault. Please forgive me.” She rambled.

“Where were you Khushi, we were waiting. Don’t tell me you have broken your fast? ” Payal hit her lightly.

Khushi stared at her, not able to reveal the truth. “Jiji, I go to the pigeon stand to look for you and you are here.” Khushi deviated the subject. Before Payal could answer,

Their conversation was interrupted when Anjali, Akash, Arnav and Arun joined them. Arvind too had joined by now, and the rest of the evening was smooth other than both couples stealing glances at each other.  

He paced the length and breath of his cabin. He was Arnav Singh Raizada. He contemptuously told himself. He did not need distractions in the form of Lavanya. This couldn't go on.

Even though he believed himself as a radical thinker, modern man, he knew his heart wasn't approving it, as if he was cheating. 

“Lavanya I want you to continue with the London project. You know that the fashion show in Paris is due and we need to get the London staff up for it. Let Aman know your preferences for the flight, he will get it done.” He knew how to tackle the issue. This would keep her away for way too long for him to clear his mind. 

“But ASR..” she stopped. She knew it was no use, from the look he gave her. Though she tried her best to be in his close circles, his family ties were too strong for her to adjust. It was too binding and outdated for her upbringing. And this man had no other social life other than ten minutes at work related parties or family related issues. It was a different matter, she was not welcomed by any of them. London was way better, his irritating family would not be calling him every few minutes. Almost two months since they have returned from London and he hardly had any time for her. 

“Khushi ji. What a nice surprise. Come to my cabin..” Akash waited eagerly.  

“Sorry Akash ji for disturbing you in your office. It’s strange, Anjali ji asked me to give you these here in the office?” Khushi placed a bag full of sarees on his desk. It was another of Anjali’s trick for them to meet, under the pretext of ordering chicken work sarees for the upcoming godh barai  function 

“Oh not at all a problem, how is Payal ji? the last I saw her was at teej.”

Why does he keep asking about Jiji all the time? Khushi wondered.

“Jiji is fine, busy helping Amma with the dabba services to offices and she is great in her hand work as well”.

“I heard you have started office lunches, may be you should cover our office as well”

Suddenly the door opened with a force, stopping their conversation mid way, and in came Arnav in a  grumpy mood . “Akash, “ he stopped seeing the visitor. He made his way slowly to the desk, with his eyes glued to Khushi.

“Akash don’t tell me you missed the meeting because of” he stopped seeing Khushi get up.

“Bhai, I'm sorry, I didn't know, di ..” 

“It's ok Akash, don't bring di into this. I know how to tackle this.” He turned towards Khushi.

“Now what reason have you come up with, to come to my office. Were you not interested in going home, or was it not worth it...“ his snide remarks shocked Khushi and Akash.

“Bhai? ” Akash was flabbergasted, how can Bhai talk like this?

Khushi flung her cloth bag across her shoulders, “Akash ji, I came to meet you. My work is done, I must get going. Say  hello to Anjali ji.“ with that she went to the door ignoring Arnav and his comments, as if it never happened.

Hope you all like it

Thank you all... please comment and vote ..

Mimima thumbnail

Hi all

I have migrated this ff into the Fanfictions section where it is  easily readable..

Thanks

Mimima