BOUND TO BE - ARSHI

Mimima thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Hi all,

This is my new ss of Arshi. I hope to keep it short. Don’t want it to be too long...

Yes yes yes, I know I have not yet finished my other story, Reawakening. I don’t know why but somehow I am not able to  get going with it.. I promise, I will finish it because I was anyway going to finish it soon... 

Here we go,...

All changes will be detailed as the story proceeds..

This story is now in Fanfictions section

BOUND TO BE

PART 1

Just a moment ago, she was surrounded by Anjali’s family, now, Khushi sat alone at the five star restaurant table musing over her life, picking on the food left in her plate. 

One month.

One month since it all began.

One month since the fateful day she fell in his arms. She could still feel goosebumps raising all over her at the thought of that night. And just like a movie clip, she could see her life playing in front of her eyes...

Lucknow.... her birth place, where she grew up,..

Preparations for her jijis wedding....

Sheesh Mahal fashion show....

Held captive in a dark room...

Meeting the Raakshas(Demon) at the dargah...

The video footage...

Public humiliation, thanks to her dad and his friends for saving her...

Delhi... trying to make their life 

How she accidentally ended up in his office.. if only Buajis neighbour hadn't recommended her to the inventory job at AR... oh how she ended working for him..

Not to forget the adventures in his office 

Indeed he had changed her destiny, so she thought... if only she knew she was weaved into his.. there was no way out... it was bound to be..

Finally he could get a word across to her... how dare she.. she has very gracefully twisted his family around her little finger... he had to give her a piece of his mind. She can’t get away that easily...

Sitting opposite her chair, for a moment he couldn't take his eyes off her.. gosh how ethereal she looks... how can she look so innocent... so breathtakingly beautiful .... can’t imagine how she would look, if she were  dressed in the new saree I designed..

What the.. I didn't come here to praise her...

“So Ms.Gupta. Finally you are leaving. I didn’t think you would come. Did you coax di to gift you this beautiful saree for working for her. Not bad, Ms.Gupta, but you failed. Did you think you could easily trap a rich guy like me? Well enjoy yourself while you are here. This restaurant, the food, the people... I don’t think you will meet them in your circle in this lifetime”

He could see her face go pale. But immediately blood rose to her angry cheeks.

“Go on Mr.Raizada, spill out all the venom you have left. Looks like you have an endless pit filled with venom for me. Like you said, its my last day at your sisters. Though I don’t have anything against her family, I don’t wish to be in the circle you are in. Keep your money, your high class status with you. Forget trapping you,  I can’t breathe the same air you are in. Don’t think all are behind your money and status. There are other things in life. Anyway, why am I doing the explanation,  you are ‘know it all’. After today I hope I never meet you.”

Hope you all like my new story, please comment... further updates to follow soon

Part 2..... scroll down 

Part 3.....scroll down

Part 4..... Page 2

Part 5..... page 3

Part 6,7... page 4

Edited by Mimima - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Wow welcome back .. waiting to see how kushi shows arnav that she is a strong gal

Mimima thumbnail

Thanks dear. I am so glad to be back... I am all excited for the new story...

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

She let him have it. Good for her.

Mimima thumbnail

PART 2

Two weeks ago.... the day after Khushi was trapped in the guest house incident.

Khushi at AR designs ....

She never ever gave up on challenges.. she would have listened to her Buaji and jiji and resigned from her job, but somehow this time he had pushed it too far, she wanted to see him accept defeat. She would not quit. Period.

Ofcourse her buaji had no idea about the contract to work for 15 days else pay 1 lakh....

Tossing and toying along with the paperweight, sitting at her desk, looking at her bandaged wrist, Khushi once again went through the sequence of events that had nearly led to her death. May be for the hundredth time now ,...

How she was sat, under the falling roof, giving up all hopes, after trying to pull the jammed door, until ...

The great ASR had come to rescue...

How she had lost her cool against this monster...

How she repeatedly pushed him...

Was it guilt or concern in those dark chocolate brown eyes...

After having waited almost the whole day at the office, fed up, she flung her cloth bag on her shoulder and made her way to the Raizada Mansion. ....

“Where have all the servants gone? ” Arnav cursed before rushing to open the door. Least expecting the person stood in front of him.

“Khushi! ” exclaimed Arnav.

He had not expected to see her. Well not today, especially after the previous nights adventure. He just assumed she was unwell and did not bother to ask his secretary. For a surprise, he had not even given that a thought, neither about whether she would return to work nor about the contract that was binding her to the job. His relief at saving her was so great, he did not think beyond. Moreover, after the sleepless night, back to back international meetings that had consumed his day, only now did he really give it a thought.

“Aaa aaa aaare you ok?” for the first time Arnav found himself stammering as he walked behind, making way for her to come inside.

Khushi snapped her head up. Looking at his calm face. Rage took over hers. Here he is, all cool and calm when I have been waiting for this man without food, rest, sleep... .... in his office..

“What did you say? Are you ok? Only you can ask such a question. ” Khushi was literally going red with anger. “If you really want to know then listen. YES, I AM ok. And listen, I am ok not because of you but in spite of you I am OK.”

Arnav moved his hand forward “Listen Khushi...”

Today, she was not here to listen. Raising her palm, she shut him

“Miss.Gupta for you. And YOU listen, because I have heard enough. What did you think? Making me sign some contract, you can make me do anything? And how pathetic can you get? You tried to make me do unreasonable things only to see me defeated? Yes, listen to the PATHETIC jobs you assigned so I could lose. “

Arnav shut his eyes with regret as she recounted the tasks one after the other.

Anjali, Nani, mami, all the while busy talking about the upcoming party, shot out of Nani’s room hearing the commotion. Three pairs of eyes gazed with their mouths open. Anjali was aware of the her brother’s friction with the fashion show girl from Lucknow, thanks to Akash and Aman, she had kept a thorough watch on her brother. What surprised her was the audacity with which the small town girl talked to her brother, where the mightiest of men shivered under his gaze.

Anjali had heard enough. Her sharp mind quickly accessed the situation and limped ahead to take control.

“Namaste Khushiji”

Both Arnav and Khushi were turned to see the disturbance. Before anyone could talk, Anjali continued,

“Sorry for what happened yesterday”. She gave a stern look, raising her hand at Arnav who tried to intervene. Turning to Khushi,

“Khushiji, from tomorrow, I want you to work for me for the rest of your contract, after which you are free to leave. You can work along with my secretary.“ Turning towards Arnav, looking straight into his eyes, “Chote let me deal with her from now on.”

The authority with which Anjali spoke left Khushi speechless. Though Anjali was very warm and affectionate, she was also too sharp and an intelligent lawyer, she was a perfect blend of her parents, their father’s intelligence and mother’s kind heart. Arnav knew it was a lost case, giving an angry look at Khushi, he marched off, nobody could argue with his sister.

And what started off as a secretarial job for Khushi, also entailed being a nanny to Arun, Anjali’s 3 year old son, which was what she mostly did, what with Anjali, well into her 5th month, still showing serious morning sickness, couldn’t look after her son.

Introducing Anjali’s family...

Anjali married to Arvind Sharma

Sharma Family, Geeta  Sharma, Aditya sharma

Settled in Lucknow, looking after ancestral agricultural lands

Children:

Arvind (Married to Anjali) both lawyers 

Anand (Sunithi)  doctors working in London 

Ananya IIT Mumbai,  PhD student 

The rest of two weeks went in a jiffy with planning for Arun’s birthday party.

Present day.. at the party. 

“Go on Mr.Raizada, spill out all the venom you have left. Looks like you have an endless pit filled with venom for me. Like you said, its my last day at your sisters. Though I don’t have anything against her family, I don’t wish to be in the circle you are in. Keep your money, your high class status with you. Forget trapping you, I can’t breathe the same air you are in. Don’t think all are behind your money and status. There are other things in life. Anyway, why am I doing the explanation, you are ‘know it all’. After today I hope I never meet you.”

Khushi stood with such force, the satin covered posh chair wobbled, before Khushi caught hold of it. She made her way to the exit, with Arnav following her quickly, when Arun ran into her.

“Khushi Di...., look I told you I will introduce you to my dadi...”

Khushi picked him and greeted “Namaste”

The elderly lady greeted her, but immediately her face turned confused, bewildered....

Cliffhanger... How was it... should I continue???

Please comment

coderlady thumbnail

why is dadi confused? Who does she think Khushi is?

AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Hmm y is dadi confused ?? Does she know kush or her mom or something??

Mimima thumbnail

Part 3

The elderly lady greeted her, but immediately her face turned confused, bewildered....

After what seemed like ages, Geeta, Anjali’s mil, smiled and asked, “Are you by any chance Neelima’s daughter?”

Khushi’s eye grew wide. After a few seconds, “You knew my mother?” Khushi asked, her eyes had began to glisten.

Geeta replied cheerfully “Of course I know her. How else would I recognise you. She was like a tail to my best friend Garima. She was  younger, but she would not leave her sister. We all went to same school, then college,  but then I was married off early.  Moving all over the country with my husbands job, I lost contact with everyone. How is she? How is Garima?”

The tears which were brimming, now flowed without any fuss. Not wanting to make a scene, Khushi dabbled her eyes and replied, “Aunty, I cant express how happy I am to see you, but she is no longer with us, I live with my maasi.”

There was a gasp, before Geeta pressed her hand and comforted her. She was lost for words. Hugging Khushi “You must bring Garima. I want to meet her. Arun has talked so much about you... I never knew ...”

After what seemed like ages, when both had settled to a comforting sadness, Anjali came by to call her MIL, “Maaji, it’s time to cut the cake.” Seeing them so close, she was pleasantly surprised, “Oh, Khushiji, you both know each other? How wonderful.” 

Both Geeta and Khushi smiled and made their way for the celebrations.

Even though Anjali was wary of Khushi two weeks ago, she had grown fond of her seeing her genuine love for her son. But with their history of betrayal and tragedy, Anjali always reserved her opinion and took things slowly, unlike her brother, jumping into conclusions.

With the party in full swing, kids games, bouncy castle et al, arranged by a professional party organiser, having nothing to do, Khushi strolled off towards the garden, away from the din. She was in no mood to enjoy the party. She looked at the bright sky, with twinkling stars. With tears flowing down, she smiled, almost laughed. She could imagine how her mum would have trailed behind her now Amma. How often Garima had exclaimed, “This girl looks and acts just like  her mum. She attracts trouble wherever she goes. Devi maiyya knows what would have happened you your mum If I were not with her all the time.”  

Finishing his phone call, Arnav was getting back to the party hall, when he heard her laugh.

“I knew you were crazy Ms.Gupta, but this..crazy? Or have you managed..” he stopped his tirade of abuse abruptly when Khushi turned her face and he saw her tears even though she was laughing a few moments ago.

She stood looking at him, her mind in trance. She had not registered who it was until she saw his eyes. Similar pain, she saw. He felt uncomfortable, as if he was exposed,  but his concerns grew looking at her blank face. His heart cried to see her in such pain. 

“Khushi Tum teek ho. (Are you ok)?” he came forward.

She could not take his words again. Khushi stepped behind and ran. She wanted to get away, away from everyone. She ran to the  washroom. Stuffing tissues in her mouth, she wailed. And wailed. Wailed for her mum. Wailed her dad. Wailed for her brother or sister who never saw the world. Wailed for all the childhood lost.

After a long time her memories were kindled and she missed her parents badly. What with past fee as weeks, her life had taken various twists and turns around a certain Raizada at its epicentre.

Memories still vivid. Khushi wanted to play with her cousin Payal. She was dropped off at her maasi’s house and her parents had gone to hospital for a general appointment and finish some office business. They never returned. End of summer holidays, end of being cuddled by her parents, end of her childhood. Overnight she felt she had grown. Even though she acted childish she knew her boundaries. 

“Has Khushi left Di?” Arnav asked his sister. It had been more than half an hour she disappeared and he didn't know why it troubled him to think she was in pain, what if she has left in this dark? He had tried to look for her everywhere...

Anjali looked at her brother puzzled. If Anajli was surprised, she was too clever to show it. Akash’s question popped into her head. “Di, poor Khushiji, I don’t know how bhai manages to get into trouble, only with her.” But again, she couldn’t stop thinking, how Akash never left the opportunity to drop Khushi, how he always managed to get Khushi out of trouble, ever since she was working at AR. Oh Anjali dreaded to think what she was thinking.

“Oh is it?” Anjali showed indifference answering him. She didn't have to wait for long, because Khushi, having straightened herself, walked straight up to her “Anjali ji, thanks for inviting me to the party. Its late, I shall make a move.” 

“I must thank you Khushi ji. You have done a wonderful job in this party. Arun is really enjoying. My MIL wanted to meet you. I didn’t know you knew them. Its busy now khushiji, come tomorrow, we can talk... ah you know” 

Khushi knew what this talk was. She didn't want to continue working for her. Contract over. She didn’t want anything to do with the Raizadas. No more 

“Yeah sure Anjali ji, I will say bye to her.”

coderlady thumbnail

Dadi knew Khushi's mother. That will put a new spin on things.

Uzii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Interesting story n a bit different from the original story n it’s good.