Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dahibhalle thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Ok! even Ibrahim's really ,really gorgeous face is not enough to keep me watching this show.

Shows like this really make me appreciate shows like Asi and Ask ve Ceza- both shows could get annoying at times but the writing and the acting was generally top- notch.

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: dahibhalle

I am watching season 1.

Still enough in it that I keep on watching.

hmm thats true...ill revisit s1 again later...

dahibhalle thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meena_J

hmm thats true...ill revisit s1 again later...

Nah! I wouldn't recommend it.

The storyline really reminds me of all those Indian movies where the taxi driver or some such would marry a rich, westernised woman and they would have those cultural clashes.

And reading a synopsis of the new season , apparently Mehdi's morphed into a wife locking tryant and this was a guy shown to be very kind in the Ist season😕- I hate it when writers forget the basic characteristics of their own creations.

dahibhalle thumbnail

Who better than an Indian to know not to generalise people based on their tv dramas😆 yet watching Turkish dramas ,I can't help it. For eg watching "Fazilet Hanam and daughters" and it is so hyperbolic- the drama is really dialled upto a 100 here.

I have to say I am much more of a fan of Anglo-Saxon stoicism than the more over- emotional Mediterranean behaviour.

Turkish dramas seem to rush from one crisis to another and everyone overreacts😳The women start crying at the drop of the hat ,the men start throwing things and everyone believes communication is best served with everyone screaming at the top of their lungs.

This is why perhaps my favourite characters are the one's that get quieter the more stressful things get- Ferhat, Demir both are men of few words and Savas is usually very measured in his speech.

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

This is why perhaps my favourite characters are the one's that get quieter the more stressful things get- Ferhat, Demir both are men of few words and Savas is usually very measured in his speech.

love this...trying to keep patience or resilience even in stressful times...

dahibhalle thumbnail

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/DOkQDr3Hj6Q[/YOUTUBE]

SILA-This is what I am watching currently and I love this music- it is an old show about rural Turkey, it's medieval traditions and the clash with a rapidly changing world.

There is of course a forced arranged marriage which  turns into love. I fast forward a lot but am still watching because it is actually not too badly written and the male lead is just jaw droppingly gorgeous and has a very soothing voice.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/Z89AhrnH838[/YOUTUBE]- one of the reasons I watch 

Edited by dahibhalle - 3 years ago
sydy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hi i have wandered and ended up here. Didn’t know the turkish forum is here. I posted on kara sevda thread long time back. 

I’m also watching Sila. It’s amazing. I thought burak and Ibrahim are good looking but MAA is next level. Him in traditional attire in first episode got me hooked. Only if he could emote like them. The location is wonderful. Very different from Istanbul locations we are used to. 

In current shows I’m watching Sol yanim. Initial trailer looked liked Feriha and wanted to skip but it’s different. 

Edited by sydy - 3 years ago
dahibhalle thumbnail

Originally posted by: sydy

Hi i have wandered and ended up here. Didn’t know the turkish forum is here. I posted on kara sevda thread long time back. 

I’m also watching Sila. It’s amazing. I thought burak and Ibrahim are good looking but MAA is next level. Him in traditional attire in first episode got me hooked. Only if he could emote like them. The location is wonderful. Very different from Istanbul locations we are used to. 

In current shows I’m watching Sol yanim. Initial trailer looked liked Feriha and wanted to skip but it’s different. 

It is actually a pretty well written show with no absolute villains or good guys. Spoliers ahead

Boran Aga for all his preachy goodness ends up raping his wife- he is of course very apologetic and contrite after and almost gets blown up trying to save her and she forgives him.

Sila also can be very annoyingly impetuous in her do-gooderness. Then her brother and father who have no qualms in using her for their own ends but are devoted family men and Boran's bad cousin who is the main villain but is also shown to be a devoted father.

MAA is just perfect looks wise - that face ,that body and he gets better with emoting with his voice as the show progresses.

sydy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

It is actually a pretty well written show with no absolute villains or good guys. Spoliers ahead

Boran Aga for all his preachy goodness ends up raping his wife- he is of course very apologetic and contrite after and almost gets blown up trying to save her and she forgives him.

Sila also can be very annoyingly impetuous in her do-gooderness. Then her brother and father who have no qualms in using her for their own ends but are devoted family men and Boran's bad cousin who is the main villain but is also shown to be a devoted father.

MAA is just perfect looks wise - that face ,that body and he gets better with emoting with his voice as the show progresses.

I know I nearly gave up this series after that ra*e scene. I didn’t think he can redeem himself but he did amazingly. He didn’t give excuses that he was drunk or jealous but repented with his acts. Sila is just a 18 year old girl who wanted him to notice her . Him being the older and wiser should have known better.

You are right the series is well written with a lot of difficult topics . Patriarchy, gender inequality, etc. Imposition of tribal laws reminds of khap panchayats of India. It also shows the deep friendship between muslim and christian which I have not seen in turkish series. Boran aga is dealing with changing the laws slowly and patiently wheras Sila wants it done immediately.Their fight is not just for themselves but for everyone in tribe.

MAA looks amazing in their first meeting. Nearly shirtless with a horse and Sila just makes courtesy talk and walks away without a backward glance. Girl is only interested in roses.My reaction would have been 😍

Edited by sydy - 3 years ago
dahibhalle thumbnail

Originally posted by: sydy

I know I nearly gave up this series after that ra*e scene. I didn’t think he can redeem himself but he did amazingly. He didn’t give excuses that he was drunk or jealous but repented with his acts. Sila is just a 18 year old girl who wanted him to notice her . Him being the older and wiser should have known better.

You are right the series is well written with a lot of difficult topics . Patriarchy, gender inequality, etc. Imposition of tribal laws reminds of khap panchayats of India. It also shows the deep friendship between muslim and christian which I have not seen in turkish series. Boran aga is dealing with changing the laws slowly and patiently wheras Sila wants it done immediately.Their fight is not just for themselves but for everyone in tribe.

MAA looks amazing in their first meeting. Nearly shirtless with a horse and Sila just makes courtesy talk and walks away without a backward glance. Girl is only interested in roses.My reaction would have been 😍

@bold- Hmm... don't think Sila was as disinterested as she was pretending to be😆

Yeah, I like how they don't shy away from controversial subjects and while it is distant enough to be exotic with dashing men on horseback😆 ,the story is also not too unfamiliar in many ways- In Punjab in the good old days , sometimes bhabhis would be married off to their devars on the death of their husbands which is shown in this show as well.

There is also a self awareness to their characters which is interesting. Later in the show,as he watches a kinsmen try to possess an unwilling women who he is obsessed with, Boran wonders how he would have reacted if Sila had not loved him back.