Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: NezukoChan

1. Maybe he is never maligned by me too, he was rumored to be with srk (which srk said on KWK) and Sidharth malhotra(internet). 

Hypothetically, if he did commit assault, no guy will come forward and say because people are still in the closet.

2. He was loyal to only few people. Where is his friendship with kajol and rani now Cause they are not so popular anymore. He likes people based on who is famous now

3. He is just playing wisely by staying silent. Saying something might make matters worse.

He really is snobbish. Look at his AIB roast in 2015

he roasted people for being POOR and DARK-Skinned

That's his idea of a roast

Regardless of why, Dharma has probably been the safest production house for actresses. 

Kajol and him seem like friends. Ajay started fighting with KJo, not the other way around. 

#3 maybe true. But benefit of the doubt is also a thing.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: ponymo

He's an elitist snob and a shrewd businessman, but beyond that he's harmless. 

Yes, he is a flagbearer of nepotism but he is unapologetic about it. I admire him for certain reasons and don't admire him for a certain other reasons. Yet, he is still one of the better people in the industry. It's just that he's so open about his life, and loves the limelight, and also the fact that his sexuality is a taboo, that makes him vulnerable and an easy punching bag.

People like Kangana are 100x more harmful than him. Or even Salman, who went out of his way to ensure some people do not get work and are kicked out of the industry.

ETA: Ya, Karan may be a snake, but he's a non-poisonous one. Snakes are overrated anyway. A dog with rabies can also kill you. 

Agreed 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nova19

I never minded KJo as much as others seem to and I kind of wonder if his sexual orientation may be part of the reason people reacted the way they did. I don’t know how fair it is to say who is an insider and who is an outsider when even the “so-called” outsiders frequently have connections, but he gave breaks to some new (at least to me) faces and new directors. He does seem like a loyal friend - at least from here it looked like he supported Gauri Khan through a marital rough patch where many in BW would have supported the “star” without a second thought. He seems to be very good and respectful to his mom. He is certainly no saint. He gossips (but so do the people targeting him and almost everyone reading this). He prefers to work with people he knows and likes - I would venture to say most people do if they are honest. He is by no means the only BW producer guilty of nepotism. There are producers who have never given a true newcomer a film. 

Personally, I am always predisposed to give each and every one of Kangana’s soft targets the benefit of the doubt until I research for myself because I know she is a self-serving liar. 

So I know that KJo gave Kangana, an outsider, a film in 2014 and she refused to promote it and talked smack about it in blind items because she was jealous of Neha Dhupia, also an outsider 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4235613

And I know that even after she behaved like that on his film and after she went mad and started with the Hrithik delusion, KJo still invited her on KWK to promote Rangoon and let her rant against him instead of editing it out. And since then, with the exception of once saying he was tired of her constantly playing the victim card and she should leave Bollywood if it’s really as bad as she says - which she promptly turned into screaming KJO THREATENS KANGANA headlines - he has largely tried to avoid her and her controversies.

This brings me to the present tragedy. I have to confess I don’t know enough to know what happened there and I will trust the people who know more. But for other things, I think KJO is being scapegoated for sins he’s no more guilty of than most of BW.

Not sure if I'd go as far as to say he was scapegoated when he clearly reveled in the starmaker image. Still, I think he got the message loud and clear. Both from audience and from those he thought were his friends. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: TrustNo1

1:  he gay

2: he has a new Best friend for every movie 

3: ofcourse he is horrified by SSR death like any other human. 

1. Regardless, he is one of the best producers for an actress to work with. 

2. Not really. He does the PR thing like everyone else, but there do seem to be some he is 100% loyal to.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aanandaa

The way the whole thing is blown over the top in the name of justice for SSR is something that has hurt and is still going to hurt the country until the years to come. India just went 20 years back in its development in so many aspects. 

Why India?

Only Bollywood.

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

#2 He was and is more Gauri's friend. I'm an SRK fan, too. Still, can't deny that was bad of him. Plus, as someone else said, KJo stood by the star wife when most in BW would've supported the star. 

#3 well, SRK and Akki predate KJo. He didn't have a bone in the game when DP and KK were coming up. AK and KA are still considered B listers. I do think KJo tried to *help out* his faves. He just didn't imagine it could snowball.

What exactly did he do to SRK? I think I was living under a rock until now, I have no clue about this. :/

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I just don’t know what anyone means when they say he should speak out. He spoke out and had condolence message for SSR and he was trolled. An the everyone said he shouldn’t have spoken out and it wouldn’t have happened. Now he is being told to speak out again 😆

Well, the initial condolence message was ridiculous and clearly PR. It was a suicide. A genuine reaction would be shock. Not what he put on Twitter.

But I think he's had a wakeup call.

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Why India?

Only Bollywood.

Bollywood is just one aspect that has been attacked. What about mental health? What about the way politicians have been involved? And what about the way people are getting swayed by it without giving a care for their own personal lives and the things that should matter to them?

HearMeRoar thumbnail

What exactly did he do to SRK? I think I was living under a rock until now, I have no clue about this. :/

AFAIK, he liked a tweet which called SRK gay.

And didn't do any more films with SRK, maybe.

Also, he supported Gauri during the whole PC mess up.

Not sure if there was anything else.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Bollywood is just one aspect that has been attacked. What about mental health? What about the way politicians have been involved? And what about the way people are getting swayed by it without giving a care for their own personal lives and the things that should matter to them?

True. But that wouldve been the case regardless because lockdown.