Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Aanandaa

You mean before that they used to put them in the jail? Bizarre. :(

I don't know how enforced they were, probably depended on the state and jurisdiction, but yes the laws were on the books with I think a 10 year imprisonment.

Even in the U.S, where sodomy laws and anti LGBT legislation stated being struck down in the 1970s - many states still enforced them for decades.  The Supreme Court didn't strike them down federally until Lawrence v Texas in 2003.

Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

As much as I dislike Kjo for generally being bitchy, elitist and excluding promising outsiders, I think he was genuinely upset at Sushant’s death, and I don’t think he had any hand in the killing (as some people think he did).

However, I do think kjo may  have made life more difficult for Sushant while he was alive by stealing plum projects from him for the nepo kids, making nasty comments about him on his show, etc. And these are things he did to many outsiders, and even some nepos who are not part of his group...

Basically, Karan Johar’s elitism is horrible- and yes there’s nothing wrong with boycotting his films with only nepos as leads (seriously he has more than enough  money, we don’t need to sympathise if people don’t want to watch his films).

But kjo didn’t have anything to do with Sushant’s death, at least not directly. Now it’s been pretty much established that certain people didn’t commit suicide due to nepotism.  And why would he? This star was surviving and thriving despite the nepotism and he’d just given a blockbuster at the time of the death...

It has become clear now that this star didn’t commit suicide at all...but that something else much more sinister was going on...

Edited by Anjalika01 - 3 years ago
fosla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

He is an elite snob and nothing more. Gets way too much credit due to his loud speaking to be the flag bearer of nepotism and an easy poster child to attack for the Queens! He’s taken crap and more for being gay, being born in SOBO and even his surrogate kids! The way he has handled this whole two months with his silence has shown time and again, that he has more heart than brains

He has been open about his therapist and maybe someday the moral highground can be followed for him too! Call him out for his snobbery but he deserves just that

Edited by fosla - 3 years ago
stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

His harmless he is may be little sassy and snobby but cannot really harm anyone and I don’t see a problem him casting his own people if he feels good about it. He does not have any obligation towards anyone either is outsider or insider! He is the one will decide who he wanna work with it!

And people blaming amd boycotting the actors its the most ridiculous thing ever I have seen how dumb is this!!! 

What Salman, Kjo, SRK or any other star not related to SSR death has to do with it? why cursing their families and kids! The backlashes so out of portions!

And I have to agree with Kareena In that, we audience make the stars or break them director, producer are only 20% of it the rest is audiences!

If nepo was about to be the best actoes ever then so many stars kids would have been successful in BW but they are not!

I still wish justice for SSR and may his culprits get punish but please the people who has nothing to do let them live!

desertsun thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I admire his business acumen. he took over Dharma productions and transformed it into a power house. He has pushed it into many frontiers and excelled in everything from talk shows to movies and he did direct a few good hits.

His being gay and he has recalled he was very fat as a kid and so being gay and fat must not have been easy growing up.  Being gay there is no other way to have kids, so he did what he had to do and his mum is still there and he has a ton of nannies too. 

He might be a bit pompous and catty-but hey for someone pulling in  crores -he was actually quiet humble. At his level he has to deal with directors,actors, scriptwriters, distributors, politicians, gangsters, foreign/NRI audience and still manage to churn out hit and keep his company profitable.

i think one thing that worked against him was that there must have been lot of pent up jealousy-lots of people don't like it if someone was "below" them or equal and suddenly skyrockets in wealth or fame. They probably thought this was a good chance to knock him down a few pegs and hopefully he learns to not be so open and be a bit diplomatic too. But he has handled his success well.

WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Nope don’t feel bad for him

HearMeRoar thumbnail

After hearing about the drug parties and such, all I can say is: there are very good reasons besides mentorship why every star parent wants his/her kid to debut with Dharma. 

No, being a decent human doesn't win him brownie points, but he seems to be one of the few decent ones in a sea of insanity. 

Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Karan Johar's mentoring is not wrong. He has every right to groom, makeover and mentor whoever he wants to. 

His casting star kids is not wrong either as he is in a risky business like movies which is totally dependent on audience reaction in the first week. It's easier to market star kids than a outsider. He is in the business to make money not do charity.. 

His buying of awards for the proteges or remixing good content into trash though crass is not wrong either

His  negative PR is what I have a problem with. Specially targeted blinds against specific outsiders to pull them down or create enough negative buzz  to force mass blacklisting of actors so that their projects can be weaned for his proteges. It is happening in the industry. He is not the only one doing it. But his highly visible persona makes him a poster boy for this particular  wrong doings of the entire cartel or nexus 

Also this bullying and negative PR is not new. It used to happen all the time. But there enough powerful producers and directors who would not cowe down to it and cast actors for their talent. 

However lately it's become a cartel or evil nexus in bollywood that is not even giving outsiders space to breathe.

And if there is no one within the industry to stand up to them,  then we as audience must. Especially if we love Indian cinema

Edited by Chiillii - 3 years ago