Subhash Ghai 'amused' after Mahima Chaudhry accuses him of bullying

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

Subhash Ghai 'amused' after Mahima Chaudhry accuses him of bullying her, read filmmaker's full statement

Filmmaker Subhash Ghai on Wednesday issued a clarification after Bollywood actor Mahima Chaudhry claimed that he bullied her and asked other producers to not work with her. 

In his statement, Subhash Ghai said that there was one "small conflict" but Mahima had later apologised to him for flouting a clause in the contract with his production house, and he had forgiven her.

His statement read, "I am amused reading this news. Mahima & I are very good friends till date and are still in touch through messages. She is a very nice and mature woman of today. She recently shared on how she gets welcomed at every event with a song from Pardes ‘I love my India' even after 23 years. Yes, there was a small conflict in 1997 post the release of Pardes, which became a big blockbuster and for which she even got the Filmfare award for the best actor. My company did send her a show-cause notice for flouting a clause in our agreement. Media & industry reacted in a big way and so I withdrew n canceled her contract with Mukta Arts. After 3 years she came to me with her family n apologised for her impulsive reaction. I forgave her n thereafter we became friends again. She is a jovial good person I trust. She must be right in feeling that she was bullied when asked by someone. Actually I admire her great gesture when she did a guest appearance in a song in my last film Kanchi in 2015. I guess we do get entertained with the smallest of an old tiff which is normal in the course of life in show biz."​ 

It was in a recent interview that Mahima had revealed that she was bullied by Ghai and that only four people, Salman Khan, Sanjay Dutt, David Dhawan, and Rajkumar Santoshi stood by her during that time.

Heh? 😕

Edited by Chameli_billi - 3 years ago

I am confused after reading this article 

Originally posted by HotFuzz

I am confused after reading this article 

subhash ghai is another sleazeball, he had to explain something after mahima's outburst, so this🤢

Someone tell him just because a person is a jolly person, doesn't mean they won't call out his bullying ass.

Also, chaccha, she said you bullied her, ismein joke kahaan hai? Do you think she was preping for her next stand up comedy gig jo aap itna amused ho rahe ho🤔

Subash is a pervert, a slimy sleazeball, Manisha spoke against him and it nearly ruined her career. 

So annoying that egoistic assholish perverts need their egos stroked otherwise careers are ruined. 

Sad that she had to apologize instead . 😖 It was a huge deal back then. 

She was 19 and had signed a contract with Mukta Arts in assurance that she would be relieved of it after Pardes . But he sent her a legal notice after he found out she was doing a show abroad without paying 35% of her earnings to Mukta. 

Ghai said Mahima knew about the contractual agreement and didnt pay out of spite for casting Ash in taal. 

Court decided on Mahima’s favor. 

His ego was bruised so he killed her career. 

Edited by GrumpyTheCat - 3 years ago