Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Justice4Samosa thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

We all are not psychiatrist. But does he looked depressed  here ??

Even a psychiatrist can't say if a person 'looks' depressed unless the person opens up to the psychiatrist.

Edited by Minionite - 3 years ago
Bluehue thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cookies..

This is actually on the sets of Chichchore not Dil Bechara. Loved him in that film.

Also, depression doesn't have a face. Some of the happiest looking people can be depressed so let's not feed into stereotypes.

it's not stereotyping but i would say you are right and wrong at the same time yes depressed people can laugh and dance but the eyes gives it away if you are looking close enough n at least in my experience.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: insideroutsider

Even a psychiatrist can't say if a person 'looks' depressed unless the person opens up to the psychiatrist. How to answer such a question like this that reeks of ignorance about mental health? Maybe just be more informed about mental health instead?

Umm. Actually I have worked with at risk lad. And as someone who has gone through depression myself I could notice symptoms such as irregular sleep hours, mood swings, from being ok at one point to breaking out in tears the next. I reported to the student support team they got her tested and yes, she was in depression. Of course you would need more than one instance or moment. But I did make that observation by looking at her among other things. 

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

Umm.. I believed I mentioned that not everyone here is a psychiatrist and I asked if he looked depressed. I didn't assert anything as a fact. So I am not exactly sure where the feeding into stereo types comes in. 

That's like asking if a healthy looking person looks like he has cancer? 

You can't see it because it's internal, and in the initial phases it may not even be evident. Same thing with depression. You don't have to be a psychiatrist to know this.

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Just because he doesn't look depressed here, it doesn't mean he could not have been depressed. 

Also nothing to do with this topic, but just because he might have been depressed does not mean that he could not have been murdered or driven to suicide. Both are possible together.

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bluehue

it's not stereotyping but i would say you are right and wrong at the same time yes depressed people can laugh and dance but the eyes gives it away if you are looking close enough n at least in my experience.

Not in most of the cases. That’s why clinical depression is the hardest to diagnose if the person struggling from it isn’t forthcoming.

Bluehue thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aanandaa

Not in most of the cases. That’s why clinical depression is the hardest to diagnose if the person struggling from it isn’t forthcoming.

as I said it was based on my experience. Yes its hard to diagnose but people around you can feel that something is not right with you. Not saying it can be seen by a video or anything but if you know them for long time or spending enough time with them and if you are bit attentive you can see the symptoms and seek help. Depression is not that easy to hide if you are surrounded by people who actually knows you. 

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

as I said it was based on my experience. Yes its hard to diagnose but people around you can feel that something is not right with you. Not saying it can be seen by a video or anything but if you know them for long time or spending enough time with them and if you are bit attentive you can see the symptoms and seek help. Depression is not that easy to hide if you are surrounded by people who actually knows you. 

Again, not true.My sister struggled from it for an year or so and none of us had a clue until she finally snapped and asked for help.We were so shocked and heartbroken that we let her go through so much pain.

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aanandaa

Again, not true.My sister struggled from it for an year or so and none of us had a clue until she finally snapped and asked for help.We were so shocked and heartbroken that we let her go through so much pain.

Each case is different. Again this really wasn’t a question of whether he was in depression. In fact he could have been in depression and never gotten checked by a doctor for all we know. It was about whether he looked like he was in depression ? Of course he could have still been in it regardless.

Yes adults are better at hiding. Some people simply do not showcase their symptoms regardless of their age. But each case is different. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Decline in work ethic is also a symptom. Again the way Abhishek Kapoor described his work ethic in Kedarnarh the way he would lift Sarah on his back daily made me start questioning thing and feel that this case needed more investigation.  Again this video wasn’t to prove anything. But we never saw his symptoms even if he was in depression.