Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

I have never trusted anyone when it comes to media, PR or journalism. There are too many manipulations, and facts which are twisted, often to give narratives a meaning that suits political accuracy, diplomacy and business agendas. 

But, this form of journalism has completely left me baffled. Conversations about misogyny, mental health and feminism are so superficial with this discourse Barkha Dutt intends to have. 

Though, the man who wrote this has articulated himself very well, I would like to point out a few questions here:

1. What if a man was being implicated or alleged in this case by a woman? That would have been fair right? 

2. If indeed it was about MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES then the discourse shouldn’t have been about RHEA and her suffering. The therapist could have highlighted that how a man with such great talent lost his life and NOT oh look RHEA the angel dealt with a man with mental health issues. 

3. Let’s assume he was all that the therapist claims to be, what about the inconsistencies in the entire sequence of events? 

4. Even if he committed suicide, what led him to take his life? Given the kind of evidence and facts emerging, it isn’t shocking if it’s later revealed that some FOUL play was there. 

Sushant’s death has opened a CAN OF WORMS! From the nepotistic, mediocrity celebrating Industry to suspicious latching onto people, from men who can be gullible too to women who aren’t holier than thou. From mental health issues to the stigma associated with talking about them. These conversations however, shouldn’t  dilute the fact that tons of discrepancies have surfaced over the suicide theory. And, if investigated properly, there’s a chance that the family and numerous people who want answers will get a closure. 

Edited by Transference - 3 years ago
Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Comedy Crew

Well written.Good that family member have spoken up.

lifeiscool thumbnail

Okay first of all ,this susan walker is not a psychiatrist but a psychologist/counselor/hypnotherapist who has studied in uk. On what basis is she practicing in india(mumbai) . There is an exam which one has to clear when going to another country to practice as a doctor atleast.  

Second of all, there must be multiple counselling sessions held for him if indeed his condition was serious with suicidal ideation so much so that he had to be admitted.

Third of all, counselling also involves ppl around the patient. They need to be counseled as well regarding the condition.

Fourth of all, bipolar dis has different variants. It is not a simple infection that'll happen suddenly. There are various genetic and environmental causes related to it.

Fifth and most imp, i hope you know that BPD can be caused by substance abuse too.

Sixth of all, its treatment requires mood stabilizer (lithium) whose dose is to be continuously monitored as it has a narrow therapeutic index and a lot more serious side effects. Dose has to be changed if it's leading to serious side effects and its level in body is more . 

Seventh of all, isn't susan walker afraid that her license will be revoked unless she doesn't have one.

Eighth of all, rhea on insta is following many psychics. One of them is Rosemary altea who talks to spirits.

Edited by lifeiscool - 3 years ago
Flame. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: zaroonkashaf

She is a therapist whose license frankly should be revoked for what she did here. I don't think she was prescribing him meds, that's not her job. Or at least one hopes she wasn't. Honestly I'm aghast at the kind of "professionals" Sushant was introduced to in the field of mental health. 

If she is a therapist then it isn't her job to tell the world of her 'diagnosis'. She has no right to diagnose anyone and her diagnosis should be taken a pinch of salt. 

And Barkha just amazes me with her hypocrisy. She called out others for their media trial, but isn't she doing the same by getting this woman who declares Sushant mentally unfit and Rhea as his angel when there is a case against Rhea in the courts pertaining to this matter? She just did what she accused others of doing! 

And totally with you that this therapist needs to get her licensed canceled. I hope she has a proper degree in psychology and isn't one of those who do a small course and start therapy sessions (yes, such therapists exist. I have seen them). 

lifeiscool thumbnail

And i want to ask barkha, wasn't she ashamed of journalism when his mental health was made fun of by bhatt and co and newspapers published him as bipolar/depressed even when the doctor kersi chavda didn't say anything within minutes of his death. There weren't even any conspiracies at that time.

Soanz.19 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lifeiscool

Okay first of all ,this susan walker is not a psychiatrist but a psychologist/counselor/hypnotherapist who has studied in uk. On what basis is she practicing in india(mumbai) . There is an exam which one has to clear when going to another country to practice as a doctor atleast.  

Second of all, there must be mupltiple counselling sessions held for him if indeed his condition was serious with suicidal ideation so much so that he had to be admitted.

Third of all, counselling also involves ppl around the patient. They need to be counseled as well regarding the condition.

Fourth of all, bipolar dis has different variants. It is not a simple infect that'll happen suddenly. There are various genetic and environmental causes related to it.

Fifth and most imp, i hope you know that BPD can be caused by substance abuse too.

Sixth of all, its treatment requires mood stabilizer (lithium) whose dose is to be continuously monitored as it has a narrow therapeutic index and a lot more serious side effects. Dose has to be changed if it's leading to serious side effects and its level in body is more . 

Seventh of all, isn't susan walker afraid that her license will be revoked unless she doesn't have one.

Eighth of all, rhea on insta is following many psychics. One of them is Rosemary altea who talks to spirits.

The bold part 😲😲😲😲 this girl Rhea is such a shady, fishy character!!!

Flame. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: lifeiscool

Second of all, there must be mupltiple counselling sessions held for him if indeed his condition was serious with suicidal ideation so much so that he had to be admitted.

Fourth of all, bipolar dis has different variants. It is not a simple infect that'll happen suddenly. There are various genetic and environmental causes related to it.

@Bold Jeez, man! Guilty or not, this Rhea is one person I would never want in my life. Making her boyfriend pay for everything under the sun including her brother's tuition fees (damn it, Chakraborty's! Some self-respect?)to believing in spirits. 

zaroonkashaf thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Flame.

If she is a therapist then it isn't her job to tell the world of her 'diagnosis'. She has no right to diagnose anyone and her diagnosis should be taken a pinch of salt. 

And Barkha just amazes me with her hypocrisy. She called out others for their media trial, but isn't she doing the same by getting this woman who declares Sushant mentally unfit and Rhea as his angel when there is a case against Rhea in the courts pertaining to this matter? She just did what she accused others of doing! 

And totally with you that this therapist needs to get her licensed canceled. I hope she has a proper degree in psychology and isn't one of those who do a small course and start therapy sessions (yes, such therapists exist. I have seen them). 

She's a hypnotherapist. Hypnotherapy can be used for good, but it can also be used for bad intentions because it's easy to take advantage of a hypnotized person 

Edited by Sailor-Moon - 3 years ago